checks and balances

PNAC said:
what envy? I'm not in the lower or middle class. Do you actually where those tights?

You should know that tax cuts on YOUR class stimulate job growth. Why don't you know that? OR do you not care about job growth? Are you an anti-human, population controlling, satanist?

rtwngAvngr said:
Basically, anyone who likes McCain is a dumbass.

Are you trying to prove that you are not a dumbass? I also never said that I like Mccain. I said that he has some good ideas.

When I saw the thread title, I had hoped to see a discussion of checks and balances. Lord knows we need to get back to a true system where the legislature, and not the courts, make the law. But what this thread is actually, is yet another ant-Republican rant not-so-hidden in what you think is a clever disguise of a reasonable topic.

Believe me, we've seen it before. If you wish to engage people on this board in genuine discussion, you have to at the very least be honest in your approach.

PNAC said:
Are you trying to prove that you are not a dumbass? I also never said that I like Mccain. I said that he has some good ideas.

His attack on free speech makes him an enemy to freedom for all time. He is a cretinesque, totalitarian monstrousity.

Abbey Normal said:
When I saw the thread title, I had hoped to see a discussion of checks and balances. Lord knows we need to get back to a true system where the legislature, and not the courts, make the law. But what this thread is actually, is yet another ant-Republican rant not-so-hidden in what you think is a clever disguise of a reasonable topic.

Believe me, we've seen it before. If you wish to engage people on this board in genuine discussion, you have to at the very least be honest in your approach.

ok, I start a post to open up legitimate debate and do you see me insulting or attacking people? look at who does the insulting and attacking. let's debate!

PNAC said:
Wouldn't our country be in better shape if we had a balance of power? like maybe having the democrats control either the senate or the congress. this way we would have more checks and balances and less chance for corruption.

Maybe it would be better off like that. Or maybe it would be better off as a police state. Or maybe it would be better off if we just went for total anarchy. Doesn't matter. This is a democracy and for better or worse we get what we vote for. And in a democracy the people get the government they deserve. Right now we deserve a Republican monopoly because every voter in this country either voted for it or let it happen.

In the case of the President, at least, we knew exactly what we were getting.

PNAC said:
ok, I start a post to open up legitimate debate and do you see me insulting or attacking people? look at who does the insulting and attacking. let's debate!

WHy don't you want the kind of tax cuts that create jobs, ones targetted toward the upper class?

Nuc said:
Maybe it would be better off like that. Or maybe it would be better off as a police state. Or maybe it would be better off if we just went for total anarchy. Doesn't matter. This is a democracy and for better or worse we get what we vote for. And in a democracy the people get the government they deserve. Right now we deserve a Republican monopoly because every voter in this country either voted for it or let it happen.

In the case of the President, at least, we knew exactly what we were getting.

Thanks NUC for your intelligent reply.

PNAC said:
Wouldn't our country be in better shape if we had a balance of power? like maybe having the democrats control either the senate or the congress. this way we would have more checks and balances and less chance for corruption.

I would prefer a repeal of the 17th Amendment so that the Senators once again represented the States in the Federal Government specifically as they were intended to do. Since they now have constituency they are far more likely to interrupt fiscal solvency with pork so that they can get re-elected.

This would create a strong body that is not directly answerable to the voters, and instead answerable to the States who put them in power, just as they were intended.

PNAC said:

I'm not much for insults.

I believe strongly that the judicial system in our country has run amuck and is now a pseudo-legislature of it's own.

I also think that if the tables were turned and we had Dems in control, you would not have even thought we have a problem.

rtwngAvngr said:
WHy don't you want the kind of tax cuts that create jobs, ones targetted toward the upper class?

truthfully, I really don't believe that the economy works from the top down. i actually believe that all people should be taxed on the same rate and that we all pay too musch in taxes but at this time our government has created such a debt that we need to correct this. We need drastic spending cuts and not just on the poor. When you give a man that has all he needs to live more money he doesn't necessarily spend more. the rich invest in stocks and bonds. The middle class and the poor by goods. give a poor person a few extra bucks and he will spend it. give a rich guy more money and he will save it. Our economy now is a mirage. It's built on credit. It will eventually be time to pay the bill. the time is much closer than most people realize. Iran this week is changing the currencty for which they accept for oil payment. they will be accepting Euros only. It is feard that other Opec nations will do the same. this will cause the dollar to plummet in value and foreign lenders will start calling in the debts before the dollar falls to far. Our governments response to this is to print more money.....stay tuned........remember what happened when Saddam started accepting Euros!

PNAC said:

You entered this messageboard on the premiss that you were an established political think tank, which obviously you are not. Your very presence is a fraud. This messageboard welcomes respectfull honest debate. But by continuing your facade is insulting to the genuine members here.

MtnBiker said:
You entered this messageboard on the premiss that you were an established political think tank, which obviously you are not. Your very presence is a fraud. This messageboard welcomes respectfull honest debate. But by continuing your facade is insulting to the genuine members here.
To be insulted is ones own choice that stems from a nuerosis. It's giving up one's self control to another! So what kind of bike do you actually ride?

MtnBiker said:
Contact the admin via e-mail, perhaps you can start over without a fraudulent basis.

Untill then, bye troll!

Have any right wingers been banned? Or is it always left wingers?

I don't really want to hear, "Of course it's always left wingers because they are all idiots, right wingers are not stupid enough to get banned.", because obviously some of the right wingers are also beyond the pale, yet they stay. There are neo-Nazis and racial separatists :huh: :smoke: :huh: who don't even get a slap on the wrist.

Forum List

Back