checks and balances

Nuc said:
I know that. But still, have any right wingers been banned? I don't remember it.

OCA has been banned before, I have seen others as well. Usually, even the lefties, can simply contact Jim and get back on if they use the right tone.

no1tovote4 said:
OCA has been banned before, I have seen others as well. Usually, even the lefties, can simply contact Jim and get back on if they use the right tone.

I am ultra conservative and have been banned for 24hrs 2 or 3 times...comes with the turf...sorta speak!

PNAC said:
truthfully, I really don't believe that the economy works from the top down. i actually believe that all people should be taxed on the same rate and that we all pay too musch in taxes but at this time our government has created such a debt that we need to correct this. We need drastic spending cuts and not just on the poor. When you give a man that has all he needs to live more money he doesn't necessarily spend more. the rich invest in stocks and bonds. The middle class and the poor by goods. give a poor person a few extra bucks and he will spend it. give a rich guy more money and he will save it. Our economy now is a mirage. It's built on credit. It will eventually be time to pay the bill. the time is much closer than most people realize. Iran this week is changing the currencty for which they accept for oil payment. they will be accepting Euros only. It is feard that other Opec nations will do the same. this will cause the dollar to plummet in value and foreign lenders will start calling in the debts before the dollar falls to far. Our governments response to this is to print more money.....stay tuned........remember what happened when Saddam started accepting Euros!

Actually, when the rich get to keep their money, they are more incented to grow their businesses, which means jobs for the middle class.

Don't be too afraid of the dollar plumetting, it is backed by the might of the u.s. military more than anything else.

no1tovote4 said:
OCA has been banned before
\\

That's funny because he banned me once. I was trying to get his goat that time, however. OK, good to know everybody gets it, and Archie you probably need a time out once in a while for your blood pressure.

rtwngAvngr said:
Basically, anyone who likes McCain is a dumbass.

Come on man. It's easy to call someone a dumbass for liking a certain candidate. This PNAC person hasn't actually come out and said he is a McCain supporter. How 'bout using me as a target? I like McCain, I would vote for him for President. Now would you please explain to me how that makes me a dumbass. Prove your hypothesis. If you're not sure what that means then google it.

MtnBiker said:
Political ideology had nothing to do with it.

What are the guidelines for banishment? Merely because he guy wasn't a member of PNAC? I'm not really sitting on a fence, does that mean that I should tread lightly and be constant fear of being banned? This guy was simply trying to have an open debate with a controversial topic. Who cares if his name insulted somebody. Just my 2 cents.

What kind of bike do you ride? I have a Trek.

No you should not have any fear.

It is very simple, the member PNAC with his very first post claimed to be the "PNAC" which he is not. I pointed this out to him several times without any clarification from him.

This board does enjoy and engages in open debate. The members are mostly comprised of good quality honest people. However when someone continues to conduct themselves under a falsehood it diminishes the rest of us. Therefore he was banned, not permanant by the way.

A Jamis, Dakar model.

onthefence said:
What are the guidelines for banishment? Merely because he guy wasn't a member of PNAC? I'm not really sitting on a fence, does that mean that I should tread lightly and be constant fear of being banned? This guy was simply trying to have an open debate with a controversial topic. Who cares if his name insulted somebody. Just my 2 cents.

What kind of bike do you ride? I have a Trek.

people get banned for crossing the line with mods....

pnac had no intention of debating anything.....

wind up merchant that wanted to take the piss is all he was

PNAC said:
Wouldn't our country be in better shape if we had a balance of power? like maybe having the democrats control either the senate or the congress. this way we would have more checks and balances and less chance for corruption.

Until the Democrats stop wanting to commit suicide, no.

Besides, we still have a balance of power. The executive, legislative, and judicial branches still check each other. Nothings changed.

PNAC said:
to allow corruption is ok? the polticians are voted in. They don't earn their way into office now do they? Would it be against your very fabric to vote for any party but the gop regardless of whether there is corruption? is a corrupt republican still better than a democrat? Would you vote for Bush if he changed parties but not policy?

I've seen no evidence of corruption among Republicans. Perhaps you could point out some examples when you return.

Or you can tell us why we would want to replace "corrupt" republicans with even more corrupt democrats?

PNAC said:
is an increasing national debt in your best interest? How about the corruption between our congress and the likes of jack Abramoff? would you vote for Duke cunningham? taft?

Does anyone honestly believe that The Democrats would reduce the national debt? They've never done it before. Their goal is spending. Any politicians goal is spending unfortunately.

The only question is where. Do we spend more for Defense and intelligence as we should be doing per the constitution, or do we spend more on social programs that don't work?

And considering Abramoff tainted a number of Democrats as well i dont exactly see why you think we should vote Democrat because of Abramoff? Maybe when you return from your "vacation" you can answer this.

Nuc said:
\\

That's funny because he banned me once. I was trying to get his goat that time, however. OK, good to know everybody gets it, and Archie you probably need a time out once in a while for your blood pressure.

Actually not everyone gets banned. I don't. It's pretty easy to not get banned when you don't violate rules. So Im free to post whatever I think.

onthefence said:
Come on man. It's easy to call someone a dumbass for liking a certain candidate. This PNAC person hasn't actually come out and said he is a McCain supporter. How 'bout using me as a target? I like McCain, I would vote for him for President. Now would you please explain to me how that makes me a dumbass. Prove your hypothesis. If you're not sure what that means then google it.

He's a showboating sellout hotdogger, with no respect for freedom. The McCain _Feingold Campaign Finance reform bill was an exercise is totalitarianism. Google it if you don't know about it.

Nuc said:
In the case of the President, at least, we knew exactly what we were getting.

Yep, and I had hoped the second term would be much better than the first term. Not working out that way so far, thanks to the Democrats who refuse to work with the Administration on anything of significance and keep that propaganda machine going 365/24/7 on nonsense (e.g., Abu Ghraib, the NSA uproar and impeachment). If I had it to do over again, I would still vote for George W. instead of John Kerry.

As long as the leadership of the Democrat Party is in the hands of the hard left, I will continue to vote for Republicans and hope the people of this country--who hold the real power--will force Washington to clean up its act or send the bad characters home for good when their terms end.

Adam's Apple said:
Yep, and I had hoped the second term would be much better than the first term. Not working out that way so far, thanks to the Democrats who refuse to work with the Administration on anything of significance and keep that propaganda machine going 365/24/7 on nonsense (e.g., Abu Ghraib, the NSA uproar and impeachment). If I had it to do over again, I would still vote for George W. instead of John Kerry.

As long as the leadership of the Democrat Party is in the hands of the hard left, I will continue to vote for Republicans and hope the people of this country--who hold the real power--will force Washington to clean up its act or send the bad characters home for good when their terms end.

Here's one thing I don't understand about Republicans. They are constantly invoking the "Victim Mentality" regarding welfare, blacks, minorities, women etc. and sometimes I agree with them. Then in a situation like this they start crying like they are being victimized.

Face it, if you own the Presidency, Senate, Congress and most of the Judiciary, you are not victims. You are in almost total control yet not getting the job done.

For chrissakes you got to start a whole new DEPARTMENT!

Lose the victim mentality.

Nuc said:
Here's one thing I don't understand about Republicans. They are constantly invoking the "Victim Mentality" regarding welfare, blacks, minorities, women etc. and sometimes I agree with them. Then in a situation like this they start crying like they are being victimized.

Face it, if you own the Presidency, Senate, Congress and most of the Judiciary, you are not victims. You are in almost total control yet not getting the job done.

For chrissakes you got to start a whole new DEPARTMENT!

Lose the victim mentality.

Dems have the victim mentality. They think that when people argue with them when they call bush hitler that "they're being silenced."

rtwngAvngr said:
Dems have the victim mentality. They think that when people argue with them when they call bush hitler that "they're being silenced."

Nice try....well not really. You didn't even try to address what I said other than to do the equivalent of "so's your mother".

I wasn't talking about the Dems. I was talking about the Republicans.

Nuc said:
Nice try....well not really. You didn't even try to address what I said other than to do the equivalent of "so's your mother".

I wasn't talking about the Dems. I was talking about the Republicans.

Yeah. Well. I was talking about the dems.

rtwngAvngr said:
He's a showboating sellout hotdogger, with no respect for freedom. The McCain _Feingold Campaign Finance reform bill was an exercise is totalitarianism. Google it if you don't know about it.

Sorry, but you gave no evidence to prove your hypothesis. The McCain-Feingold Campaign Finance Reform Bill was a measure that placed caps on the amount of money a candidate running for office could spend. It was supposed to force elections to be aout the message and not about the amount of money that they have in the bank. It actually has had no effect at all in the election process, due in large part to the emergence of 527 groups like Swift Boat Veterans and MoveOn.org. The opponent of this piece of legislation can stop stop crying and start talking about something that matters.

Now back to my original question. How am I a dumbass?

:finger3: :finger: :321:

onthefence said:
Sorry, but you gave no evidence to prove your hypothesis. The McCain-Feingold Campaign Finance Reform Bill was a measure that placed caps on the amount of money a candidate running for office could spend. It was supposed to force elections to be aout the message and not about the amount of money that they have in the bank. It actually has had no effect at all in the election process, due in large part to the emergence of 527 groups like Swift Boat Veterans and MoveOn.org. The opponent of this piece of legislation can stop stop crying and start talking about something that matters.

Now back to my original question. How am I a dumbass?

:finger3: :finger: :321:

How on earth can you possibly say that forbiding people to take out ads criticizing an incumbant politician 60 days before until the election is not a problem for free seepch?

And you are wrong, it did have an effect on the election. Its that stupid bill that caused the emergence of 527 groups. See by having groups donate directly to the party, the party could act as a check on the groups and spend the money the groups gave them to areas the party felt were more beneficial. But now that the the parties are completely subservient to the special interest groups.

Ironically McCain Fiengold does the exact opposite of what it is supposed to. But then I think it was designed for that specific reason. Give more power to the special interests that were supporting them to begin with and when it becomes obvious what has happened, rather than repeal the act, propose more "Campaign Finance Reform" and make it even less possible for someone to challenge your position successfully.

You want true Campaign finance reform? Repeal all these stupid laws and pass one: You can take as much money as you want from any American so long as you disclose that information to the Public. Thus if you are corrupt and favoring a group that consistantly funds you, the people will see it and be able to vote you out of office.

Forum List

Back