Check this chart of top marginal taxes for decades

let tax the wealthy ( if you want to make it 400,000 a year fine) 91% again , it seemed to work prettty damned well.

Then you suport selective equality??

Can we bring it to the legal system, employment law, housing, and everything else??

Nah... I'll stick to supporting systems based on freedom and equal treatment.... not this Robin Hood bullshit of the greedy entitlement junkies

She's also neglecting the fact that $400K in the 50s was over $3M today.

Go back and read the thread I DID NOT IGNORE IT

Hoover increased taxes, how did that era work out?

He did it into a declining economy, NO ONE is suggesting that.

Actually, Obama plans to do exactly that. GDP growth has slowed dramatically throughout this year. The only reason unemployment is not above 10% is because 1.1M more people quite looking for work since April.

Last edited:
If high tax rates help, why are the most economically depressed States among the highest taxed and regulated, why does so much wealth go off shore, why does Switzerland actually have oil companies using them as their domicile since corporate rates are lower?

Corporate oil booms in low-tax Switzerland | Reuters

The tidy towns and mountain vistas of Switzerland are an unlikely setting for an oil boom.

Yet a wave of energy companies has in the last few months announced plans to move to Switzerland -- mainly for its appeal as a low-tax corporate domicile that looks relatively likely to stay out of reach of Barack Obama's tax-seeking administration.

In a country with scant crude oil production of its own, the virtual energy boom has changed the canton or state of Zug, about 30 minutes' drive from Zurich, beyond all recognition. Its economy was based on farming until it slashed tax rates to attract commerce after World War Two.

Can we bring it to the legal system, employment law, housing, and everything else??

Nah... I'll stick to supporting systems based on freedom and equal treatment.... not this Robin Hood bullshit of the greedy entitlement junkies

She's also neglecting the fact that $400K in the 50s was over $3M today.

Go back and read the thread I DID NOT IGNORE IT

I said NEGLECT, not IGNORE. Try looking both words up in a dictionary, and then comparing and contrasting the definitions.

Even if it was proven by God himself that taxes should be that high, government does not have anymore right to my money than Jesse James did others, I would have no incentive to even work if 90% of what I labored for was taken from me.

Even if it was proven by God himself that taxes should be that high, government does not have anymore right to my money than Jesse James did others, I would have no incentive to even work if 90% of what I labored for was taken from me.

Then you dont like this democray and you can go elswhere

Hey dummy.... this isnt a democracy.

I love this Republic but government should not have that kind of power, why do you trust government so much, I can ask others why they trust corporations so much, why trust anything where power is so concentrated.

Central planning is a failed system, just ask the USSR.

let tax the wealthy ( if you want to make it 400,000 a year fine) 91% again , it seemed to work prettty damned well.

I'll ask it again for you to state it one way or another...

Do you then support selective equal treatment built in to the governmental system?

What the fuck are you providing for facts TM? That you can look at a chart or a graph and come to your opinion and then claim it’s a fact? Just because you have 91% possible tax rate does not mean even a single person will be taxed 91%... DEDUCTIONS! Reagan was known from making the tax code a little more simple by bringing taxes more around what people would end up paying.

And BTW TM….
Hoooooolllly shit you are the dumbest person on the internet....

Hense my comment on the same deductions too asswipe.

Now lets make it JUST the same of back then becuase it worked.

Now are you unwilling to do that ?

WHat is the "same" TM? That if you make 3 MIIIIILLLION dollars you can have a tax rate of 91% than you can bring down to 30%?

the two historic lows were followed by a economic collapse.
The great iconic 50s the right wishes to go back to had a 91% tax rate.
That is why we had great schools and infrastructure
correlation does not equal causation.
Top rates were high in the 50's because we had recently been funding the war.
The reason we had great schools and infrastructure was because the social fabric of society was not yet rotting from the deterioration of the family unit, and there was still an atmosphere of disclipine and respect in the schools (reason for great schools), and we were a highly industrialized nation at the time with high production capacity and output of good quality products, and our work ethic was still very dominant. (reason for great infrastructure).

In 1951, the top rate applied to those who made the equivalent of 2.6 million dollars per year now.

where in that chart is two depressions?

Well, the chart clearly covers both the 1920 Depression and the 1929 Depression.

The First one's solution - Taxes were lowered, Spending cut, Deficit paid - Booming 20s

The Second one's solution - Taxes increased, Spending increased, Great Depression.

You can't create wealth by uncontrolled spending. It's simply impossible.

Dear fucking idiot , the ideas you agreed to with this loser avatar

I get the impression that this is meant to be some insult towards me. But since it makes no sense, I could easily be wrong.

Don't worry TM. I still enjoy your posts.

The obvious ones, when a depression hits and taxes are lowered, there is economic growth. When a Depression hits and taxes are raised there is a longer depression.

Maybe we should stop raising taxes and driving people with money to other locations and simply encourage them to spend their money in the US.

You are a loser because you posted this nonsense that these facts I provided did not bare out.

Go get the historical evidence that we have had two depressions let alone that what you say is proven by history.

These are cold hard facts dicklick.

What part of these facts do you think are crap?

Facts don't fit in with their "ideology". Remember, these are the same people who believe we "freed" Iraq but are now screaming that "Islam is awful".

Their little heads are like baby rattles with their tiny minds bouncing from one fear to another. With the worst fear having to admit their failed ideology, "failed".:eusa_boohoo:

Yeah the gaggle of idiots are here right now and maybe someone with half a brain show up and actually discuss the facts instead of knee jerk insulting what they cant defend against.

Did you ever stop to consider that maybe everyone has a valid reason to disagree with you and they aren't all stupid because they disagree with you? Did you ever stop to wonder why the rest of us can talk without much problems but yet you get the response you do?

yes, the pattern is, you punish the rich the economy suffers.

Like to see the BOTTOM taxable income actually.

You are also making a classic mistake. Assuming Correllation is Causation.

And it's true because of one very obvious reason:

People with money can move their money and businesses elsewhere.

Not exactly rocket science

If you get taxed 10% in one state and %70 in another, which place would you prefer to earn your money in?

See, the "poor" they get screwed. Because the rich simply move their stuff elsewhere. Poor don't have that option. Atleast not as easily.

Forum List

Back