Cheap Oil Is An Economic Time Bomb For America!

If we stick with oil the middle east will get out money eventually, don't be silly. Or do you think it will be cheap forever? How about all the environmental damage everytime there is a spill? Look what happened in the gulf. We need to keep moving toward solar and wind.

The environment recovers, and even if we have to buy it all from the Middle East, we'll still be better off than we will with so-called "green energy." It would be impossible to make enough bio-diesel to run the world economy. There is simply no way you can have a power grid running on 100% solar and wind. You always have to have 100% backup from coal or natural gas fueled power plants.

The best thing to do is use our fossil fuels for the next 50 years or so by which time we should have cost effective fusion power.
Sure it does. Sounds like the best plan for the Middle East, not us. Germany will be mostly solar by then and we will be way behind.

Germany will be mostly solar by then and we will be way behind.

Way behind on wasteful boondogles?
Excellent news!

Now if the Greenies wanted to throw their support behind nuclear energy, I'd be more likely to believe
their fear of CO2 was sincere, instead of just a plan to get more government control over our economy.
you aren't seriously suggesting more nuclear are you?

You mean a reliable, large scale source of power that emits no CO2?
Why not?
because with mother nature presently pissed off at us. throwing storms and rumblings around as punishment. with nuclear not truly extinguished with the waves, floods or quakes that kill their vunerable pumps we can't keep the fires we start out or even quickly contain it. Not to mention it economically unsound with burial and security or lack there of cost of waster disposal. you got nuts buying left over crap to make bombs either dirty or clean as a 400 mega ton mini bomb we make. Till we grow up as a species, playing with firecrackers like these old plants full of dangerous unprotected shit, nukes are all wrong. Grow up yourself by all means go fukoshimo yourselfs, but count me out.

Good. I'm glad he did. That didn't stop the fracking, though, did it? of course it didn't. Nor did it stop other more convention methods from being used. The fact is that we are in an oil bubble. And when it bursts (actually, it already has), you losers will no doubt blame Obama for that as well. Oh look...

So your argument is that he wasn't able to totally shut down all drilling? Really?
Obama tried to interfere in the free market and reduce the supply. Obama thought he could destroy the fossil fuel industry, but consumers want the products that come from oil. American know-how and can-do spirit got what they wanted.

Other than the utter disaster that was the BP Gulf of Mexico debacle, what wells did Obama personally order shut down? The only way Obama could have influenced the oil supply was by order all our wells shut down, which probably could not be done, or bomb the Saudis, which no one in Congress would ever allow. The spot market is as free a market as exists anywhere.

This has already been explained to you several times. He greatly reduced the number of oil leases. That means reduced drilling and reduced production.

Even if that were true, the oil is still flowing like ripple wine in a French whorehouse. Next.

That's true, despite Obama's attempts to stifle production. The oil is flowing from private land where no federal leases are required. However, now he's trying to shut down drilling via regulation.

In fact, most of the oil we are pumping is coming from Federal lands. Try again, dufus. Repeatedly lying doesn't make your lies true.

The environment recovers, and even if we have to buy it all from the Middle East, we'll still be better off than we will with so-called "green energy." It would be impossible to make enough bio-diesel to run the world economy. There is simply no way you can have a power grid running on 100% solar and wind. You always have to have 100% backup from coal or natural gas fueled power plants.

The best thing to do is use our fossil fuels for the next 50 years or so by which time we should have cost effective fusion power.
Sure it does. Sounds like the best plan for the Middle East, not us. Germany will be mostly solar by then and we will be way behind.

Excellent news!

Now if the Greenies wanted to throw their support behind nuclear energy, I'd be more likely to believe
their fear of CO2 was sincere, instead of just a plan to get more government control over our economy.

Why not?
because with mother nature presently pissed off at us. throwing storms and rumblings around as punishment. with nuclear not truly extinguished with the waves, floods or quakes that kill their vunerable pumps we can't keep the fires we start out or even quickly contain it. Not to mention it economically unsound with burial and security or lack there of cost of waster disposal. you got nuts buying left over crap to make bombs either dirty or clean as a 400 mega ton mini bomb we make. Till we grow up as a species, playing with firecrackers like these old plants full of dangerous unprotected shit, nukes are all wrong. Grow up yourself by all means go fukoshimo yourselfs, but count me out.

because with mother nature presently pissed off at us. throwing storms and rumblings around as punishment.

The CO2 emitted by your post is making Gaia cry.
You should turn off your computer and go atone for your sins.
Gaia is watching you.

It would be nice and refreshing to see big oil not make their huge profits...wishfulthinking
Do you think that when Exxon (et al) buys oil for $100/barrel it makes significantly more profit than when it buys oil for $40/bbl?
If so, why?
Exxon's earnings are falling due to lower profit margins and they will continue to do so in last the quarter '14 and first quarter of `15.

First of all the plants were Fukushima Daiichi, only 3 got hit by the tsunami, the other 3 are still humming along. GE engineers warned the cooling system wasn't sufficient back when the plants were built but Jap corruption is legendary and they were ignored....several resigned. Further, now that we have Hairy Reid out of the ML chair, we can revisit the nuclear waste project in the Nevada mountain...no earthquakes, dry as a bone. There are ZERO "left over crap" nuclear waste materials on the black market...in fact, we bought all the old USSR isotopes and used them to fuel our nuclear plants. And finally, your crazy weather claims won't fly either....unless you can link me to ANY hurricanes of major size hitting Florida or the Gulf since Katrina.

Excellent news!

Why not?

because with mother nature presently pissed off at us. throwing storms and rumblings around as punishment.

Gaia is watching you.
good answer. is that what you are going to say when your kids are dieing from radiation fall out? Please tell me you did reproduce your most intelligent kind

First of all the plants were Fukushima Daiichi, only 3 got hit by the tsunami, the other 3 are still humming along. GE engineers warned the cooling system wasn't sufficient back when the plants were built but Jap corruption is legendary and they were ignored....several resigned. Further, now that we have Hairy Reid out of the ML chair, we can revisit the nuclear waste project in the Nevada mountain...no earthquakes, dry as a bone. There are ZERO "left over crap" nuclear waste materials on the black market...in fact, we bought all the old USSR isotopes and used them to fuel our nuclear plants. And finally, your crazy weather claims won't fly either....unless you can link me to ANY hurricanes of major size hitting Florida or the Gulf since Katrina.
we have tons of reactors ready to blow on their own from your so called corruption and that corruption is just as bad if not worse here you ahole. you can't stop a tsunami or earthquake like the reactors in california are about to fail from either or both. you can't be serious? then transport the stuff on unprotected rail cars all over the world with desperate people trying to set them off. it cost more to bury the shit then it generates in profits or saving for anybody but a few crazy nuts. suck it.

we have tons of reactors ready to blow on their own from your so called corruption and that corruption is just as bad if not worse here you ahole. you can't stop a tsunami or earthquake like the reactors in california are about to fail from either or both. you can't be serious? then transport the stuff on unprotected rail cars all over the world with desperate people trying to set them off. it cost more to bury the shit then it generates in profits or saving for anybody but a few crazy nuts. suck it.

:laugh:

If we stick with oil the middle east will get out money eventually, don't be silly. Or do you think it will be cheap forever? How about all the environmental damage everytime there is a spill? Look what happened in the gulf. We need to keep moving toward solar and wind.

Excellent news!

Why not?

Because the AGE cult doesn't want man's standard of living to improve. They want us all to live like stone age savages. They want us all scratching in the dirt, shivering in the dark, and on constantly on the verge of starvation. These people think man has committed sins against the earth, and that he has to pay for them.

Excellent news!

Why not?

Gaia is watching you.
good answer. is that what you are going to say when your kids are dieing from radiation fall out? Please tell me you did reproduce your most intelligent kind

But I heard that CO2 was going to destroy our environment.
Was that a lie?
Why would my kids die from fallout?
More people have been killed in Ted Kennedy's car than by civilian nuclear power in the US.

it cost more to bury the shit then it generates in profits

Burying it is a terrible idea.
Plenty of perfectly good fuel recoverable from it.
Another bad idea we can trace back to Jimmy Carter.

Why not?

Gaia is watching you.

Was that a lie?
More people have been killed in Ted Kennedy's car than by civilian nuclear power in the US.

I think one person has died as a result of Fukushima and a few dozen died as a result of Chernobyl. Of course, the Chernobyl deaths were the result of Soviet incompetence.

The whole energy issue is simply spinning a wheel. While nuclear energy is efficient and cheap, most plants were given a 30 year lifespan....that's overdue so I guess nuclear will be abandoned in another 10-15 years. I've always thought ocean tides and river currents should have been exploited...tremendous amount of wasted energy in moving water.

Why not?

Gaia is watching you.

Was that a lie?

I think one person has died as a result of Fukushima and a few dozen died as a result of Chernobyl. Of course, the Chernobyl deaths were the result of Soviet incompetence.

We can build much safer nuke plants than we did in the 60s and 70s.
And if it weren't for liberal whiners, we would. With zero CO2.
You'd think the warmers would climb on the nuke bandwagon.
Thorium reactors could save the ice that they love so much.

The whole energy issue is simply spinning a wheel. While nuclear energy is efficient and cheap, most plants were given a 30 year lifespan....that's overdue so I guess nuclear will be abandoned in another 10-15 years. I've always thought ocean tides and river currents should have been exploited...tremendous amount of wasted energy in moving water.

It's already been demonstrated that these technologies kill tremendous quantities of ocean life.

It's already been demonstrated that these technologies kill tremendous quantities of ocean life.

I don't see how that could happen....the turbine wheels would be inside a mesh cage...plankton maybe, not much more.

That's OK..we're using China's money to give to Saudi A. How do you think that national debt got to $18 trillion +?

Actually China's position is shrinking because they have HUGE problems of their own....it's all funny money but the interest will eventually kill us....get back on top of the trade imbalance....I'd leave the WTO, ditch NAFTA, and tell everybody around the world it's time we healed ourselves...starting looking out for ourselves...so don't fuck with us or we'll nuke your asses....we can produce every single product we need except coffee and bananas....same as we always did...let's see our competitors try their shitty games on each other instead of us.

Actually both coffee and bananas are grown in Hawaii.

It's mostly on the Big Island of Hawaii on the Kona coast. My neighbor owns a coffee company and they get most of their beans from Hawaii. Kona coffee is supposed to be very good.

Coffee production in Hawaii - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't drink coffee so I can't comment on Hawaiian coffee. I do eat bananas. I have eaten bananas from Hawaii. Their Apple Bananas are to DIE for. Seriously. A banana split made with them is heaven. The only thing better is one of them dipped and covered in chocolate. Now I've done it. I now have a craving for one of those chocolate dipped bananas. They also grow other kids of bananas. They're much better than the bananas we get here on the mainland.

Ohana Banana Farm | Home of the Hawaiian Candy Apple Banana

Banana General Information

We can build much safer nuke plants than we did in the 60s and 70s.
And if it weren't for liberal whiners, we would. With zero CO2.
You'd think the warmers would climb on the nuke bandwagon.
Thorium reactors could save the ice that they love so much.

Let's try for a new oil refinery first....haven't had one approved in almost 40 years. Which is why the Keystone XL is needed now.

Forum List

Back