Chatham house Report wants you to face reality in Iraq

MY aim has been to decrease terror and protect the US with as few dead as possible no matter what country they are from.

I think your aim is likely been the same you just keep backing methods which are doing the opposite by all the world experts and that includes the American ones.

Good idea, and just as soon as they are found guilty do we execute them or exile them or what?

You can keep them in your house if you want all I care about is no one ever tries the same stupidity again.

MY aim has been to decrease terror and protect the US with as few dead as possible no matter what country they are from.

I think your aim is likely been the same you just keep backing methods which are doing the opposite by all the world experts and that includes the American ones.

I am still confused...what methods are the world experts employing and how long have they been employing them? Did they just start? If they have been working at this for some time where is an example of the effectivenss of their methods...I sincerely want to know.

You can keep them in your house if you want all I care about is no one ever tries the same stupidity again.

Aw cmon, you must have some idea of what should be done to them... keeping them at my house wouldn't prevent anything... I presume you had something in mind and that you think they would be found guilty, otherwise, why even have a trial?

All that need be done is a drawback of US soldiers and a stepping in of the UN peace keepers while the country is given back to its people to run.

Then when they break back out into the multi party civil war which is enevitable we wont have our bravest caught in the middle.

What you sugest is just not nessesary.

We could hand Bush and team over to the UN so they can be prosecuted for an illegal war though.
That's a great idea. Just exactly who would be these UN peacekeepers? Please do not expect any Americans under those blue helmets because we will have followed your "drawback" surrender orders. First we need to get the UN out of New York, and over to peace loving enlightened Europe. The Euros are so much better at dealing with international conflict than Americans. It is because they are so civilized in comparison to bellicose Americans. They have the history to prove it. Move UN headquarters to the Hague, then Bush would not have far to travel to his trial.

Here wouold have been the first one.

Not to attack a country which was a civil war waiting to happen and remove the shit cork out of the bottle.

You see this is why we had to have a coalition of the willing do it with us instead of having UN backing and all the major nations with us.

See their experts and intell KNEW Sadam was not what the Bush admin said and also knew what would happen if you took the shit cork(Sadam) out of the bottle(Iraq).

Thousands of years of history told everyone in the world that this country never wnated to be a country but was the left over reminants of a colonial world.

These factions have always been fighting each other since Mohammad died.

Then they could have not disbanned the complete gov eand military of Iraq.

Then they could have put in enough forces to contain the place.

Then they could have withdrawn troops and forced the Iraqis to handle it themselfs.

I agree the choices get worst naed worse as you go along but that is what happens when you keep making the worst choices possible.

This is the Bush and republicans war, they made the bad choices and put us in this position.

Now we might as well get out and limmit the amount of Americans dead because their is no GOOD choice only less shitty ones.

Now we might as well get out and limmit the amount of Americans dead because their is no GOOD choice only less shitty ones.
You are right. In the face of adversity, when everything is going against us, the only thing to do is give up and surrender.

Here wouold have been the first one.

Not to attack a country which was a civil war waiting to happen and remove the shi* cork out of the bottle.

You see this is why we had to have a coalition of the willing do it with us instead of having UN backing and all the major nations with us.

See their experts and intell KNEW Sadam was not what the Bush admin said and also knew what would happen if you took the shi* cork(Sadam) out of the bottle(Iraq).

Thousands of years of history told everyone in the world that this country never wnated to be a country but was the left over reminants of a colonial world.

These factions have always been fighting each other since Mohammad died.

Then they could have not disbanned the complete gov eand military of Iraq.

Then they could have put in enough forces to contain the place.

Then they could have withdrawn troops and forced the Iraqis to handle it themselfs.

I agree the choices get worst naed worse as you go along but that is what happens when you keep making the worst choices possible.

This is the Bush and republicans war, they made the bad choices and put us in this position.

Now we might as well get out and limmit the amount of Americans dead because their is no GOOD choice only less shi**y ones.
Right. So we should pull our troops out and get back to our shores. As brought up before, we should exit the UN, allow them to relocate out of our country, taking all the diplomats and their immunities with them. No more US other than in US.

That is what you want, right? We should not care who is running Iraq, what they do to their citizens, their neighbors. Same with Darfur and the next place his by tsunami, earthquake, volcanic eruption, what have you.

Right. So we should pull our troops out and get back to our shores. As brought up before, we should exit the UN, allow them to relocate out of our country, taking all the diplomats and their immunities with them. No more US other than in US.

That is what you want, right? We should not care who is running Iraq, what they do to their citizens, their neighbors. Same with Darfur and the next place his by tsunami, earthquake, volcanic eruption, what have you.

where did I say any of that shit?

you see you are on the shores of Lunai with the others

Don't forget allowing Iran to obtain nuclear weapons, Hezbollah doing whatever it wants, North Korean nukes, Chinese domination of the Pacific, and Russian intimidation of Europe. We should withdraw all US forces back inside our borders. Park the Navy in San Diego. Let Paris run the show. The world is better off with an isloationist America. Plus it will be a lot cheaper for the US.

YOU will have to argue those other point between yourselves I never advocated them they are machinations of your own minds.

And just who would we be surrendering Iraq to?
You do not know? Al Qaeda, Iran, Syria, and all the other forces in Iraq that want to rip up the Iraqi Constitution. It will be a blood bath for the ages. CNN ratings will go through the roof. Too bad for the women though. Their tough luck. On the other hand, the sales of Burkas will be brisk.

i guess reality makes republicans a bunch of jokesters....who think they are being FUNNY while our soldiers are being killed in droves because THEY think the only thing to do is ''the same old thing'' which is WARRING AND KILLING....in order to ''solve'' everything....

and to think, they CLAIMED to be the party on the ''moral high ground'' at one time!? :doubt:

-----------------------------------------

from what the article states, we need some major diplomacy to solve our problems in iraq....

your BELOVED WARRING is not the solution, is what it says....

CAN ANY OF YOU that think this is obviously a joke and playing around issue, please address the article?

instead, you are all being jerks for attacking the messenger, instead of addressing the message.

and HOW OLD are you guys, 15? gees...

shameful!

Summary
• Iraq has fractured into regional power bases. Political, security and economic
power has devolved to local sectarian, ethnic or tribal political groupings. The
Iraqi government is only one of several ‘state-like’ actors. The regionalization of
Iraqi political life needs to be recognized as a defining feature of Iraq’s political
structure.
• There is not ‘a’ civil war in Iraq, but many civil wars and insurgencies involving
a number of communities and organizations struggling for power. The surge is
not curbing the high level of violence, and improvements in security cannot
happen in a matter of months.
• The conflicts have become internalized between Iraqis as the polarization of
sectarian and ethnic identities reaches ever deeper into Iraqi society and causes
the breakdown of social cohesion.
• Critical destabilizing issues will come to the fore in 2007–8. Federalism, the
control of oil and control of disputed territories need to be resolved.
• Each of Iraq’s three major neighbouring states, Iran, Saudi Arabia and Turkey,
has different reasons for seeing the instability there continue, and each uses
different methods to influence developments.
• These current harsh realities need to be accepted if new strategies are to have
any chance of preventing the failure and collapse of Iraq. A political solution will
require engagement with organizations possessing popular legitimacy and needs
to be an Iraqi accommodation, rather than a regional or US-imposed approach.

YOU will have to argue those other point between yourselves I never advocated them they are machinations of your own minds.
We would be doing what the Left wants. Particularly the Left in Europe. No more American "hyperpower." The French, the British Left, the Germans, and the Russians all argued against the Iraq war and the use of US power to depose the brutal Saddam. They all argue against the use of the US military to block the Iranians from obtaining nuclear weapons. With an isolationist America, they would get exactly what the want. It is a natural extension of surrender in Iraq.

You do not know? Al Qaeda, Iran, Syria, and all the other forces in Iraq that want to rip up the Iraqi Constitution. It will be a blood bath for the ages. CNN ratings will go through the roof. Too bad for the women though. Their tough luck. On the other hand, the sales of Burkas will be brisk.

No we would be leaving it to the Iraqis.

You see they are the ones who are fighting us in Iraq and they have asked us to freeze troops and make a timetable for leaving their Country

We would be doing what the Left wants. Particularly the Left in Europe. No more American "hyperpower." The French, the British Left, the Germans, and the Russians all argued against the Iraq war and the use of US power to depose the brutal Saddam. They all argue against the use of the US military to block the Iranians from obtaining nuclear weapons. With an isolationist America, they would get exactly what the want. It is a natural extension of surrender in Iraq.

What is it you think they would gain by us leavig Iraq?

BTW they have seen a dramatic increase of terror because of our Iraq policy.

i guess reality makes republicans a bunch of jokesters....who think they are being FUNNY while our soldiers are being killed in droves because THEY think the only thing to do is ''the same old thing'' which is WARRING AND KILLING....in order to ''solve'' everything....

and to think, they CLAIMED to be the party on the ''moral high ground'' at one time!? :doubt:

from what the article states, we need some major diplomacy to solve our problems in iraq....

CAN ANY OF YOU that think this is obviously a joke and playing around issue, please address the article?

instead, you are all being jerks for attacking the messenger, instead of addressing the message.

shameful!

You hit it on the head Care ,they had no answer to the facts presented so they pretended it sugested all kinds of crazy crap they know no one has advocated.

Its all or nothing with them, they dont mind its not thier blood seeping into the sands of Iraq.

shameful!
No we agree with the Left. America cannot fight homicide bombers, Al Qaeda, and Sunni and Shiite murder squads. We should give up and run away. Iraq is way too difficult. To hell with the Iraqi Constitution. The 12 million who voted can fend for themselves; especially the women. We should withdraw behind our borders where we will be safe.

Forum List

Back