Chatham house Report wants you to face reality in Iraq

No we would be leaving it to the Iraqis.

You see they are the ones who are fighting us in Iraq and they have asked us to freeze troops and make a timetable for leaving their Country
You are right. Al Qaeda, Iran, Syria, homicide bombers, Sunni and Shiite murder squads, and all the others that want to kill the Iraqi Constitution, would be delighted to get a US timetable for surrender.

No we are saying and have been saying you dont fight a war with a tactic.,

You dont solve this problem with an army and bravado.

You fight it with tactics not just bullets and bombs.

You see the approach you have been advocating is NOT working and that is what we are saying.

There is nothing stupider than continuing to do the same thing over and over again when it has proven not only not to work but to be making it worse.

No we are saying and have been saying you dont fight a war with a tactic.,

You dont solve this problem with an army and bravado.

You fight it with tactics not just bullets and bombs.

You see the approach you have been advocating is NOT working and that is what we are saying.

There is nothing stupider than continuing to do the same thing over and over again when it has proven not only not to work but to be making it worse.

No, fighting insurgents and terrorists can be done, it has been done. And we HAVE changed local tactics. The problem is people like you that can not grasp the concept that this type of war takes a LONG time to finish and it is hard to see "Tally sheet" wins, especially when the press only reports our deaths and our mistakes, aided and abetted by politicians dong the same thing.

The insurgents we are fighting are Iraqis in their own country.
They have asked us to freeze troop levels and set up a timetable for leaving their country.

Again who is it we would be surrendering Iraq to?

They are the Iraqis.

What do we do stay untill they are all dead?

Is that what you would consider vicrory?

No we would be leaving it to the Iraqis.

You see they are the ones who are fighting us in Iraq and they have asked us to freeze troops and make a timetable for leaving their Country

Agree. Iraq for Iraqis, Europe for the Europeans, Asia for the Asians, and so on and so forth. Everyone for themselves, most assuredly the US for the Americans.

It's the natural outcome of the thinking, which is looking more and more attractive as time goes on. But it should be taken to its logical conclusion. If individuals wish to contribute to natural disaster relief or something, fine. Want to join a foreign legion, fine. But no more US involvement, keep it home. Close the borders.

The insurgents we are fighting are Iraqis in their own country.
They have asked us to freeze troop levels and set up a timetable for leaving their country.

Again who is it we would be surrendering Iraq to?

They are the Iraqis.

What do we do stay untill they are all dead?

Is that what you would consider vicrory?

I suggest you check with the Iraq Government, they not only have NOT ask us to freeze troop levels they have stated we SHOULD stay at LEAST 2 more years. Once again, your not to keen on facts are you?

Come on guys, WAR has never accomplished anything... well except destroying Hitler and destroying Communism.

who are you saying we are fighting in iraq, a HITLER? LOL!

did iraq declare war against us that our country doesn't know about?

was saddam in the process of killing 6 million jews in gas chambers?

was saddam loaded to the gill with tanks and bombers and an army second to none like hitler and had he captured all of his surrounding countries?

----------------------------------------

YOU sound extremely IMMATURE when you make statements like you did....imo!

maybe if you give us some comparing circumstances between the two, hitler/saddam/iraq war/wwII i could understand your point?

care

was saddam loaded to the gill with tanks and bombers and an army second to none like hitler and had he captured all of his surrounding countries?

maybe if you give us some comparing circumstances between the two, hitler/saddam/iraq war/wwII i could understand your point?

care

You made a statement that war never solves anything..... Your wrong, admit it.

As for Saddam Hussein he was responsible for thousands if not millions of deaths, in his country, in Iran and in Kuwait. He wanted nuclear weapons and wanted Biological and chemical weapons to use against his enemies, including the US. He had already USED chemical weapons. He refused to meet the terms of a ceasefire for a war HE started and lost.

He was a threat, pure and simple.

I suggest you check with the Iraq Government, they not only have NOT ask us to freeze troop levels they have stated we SHOULD stay at LEAST 2 more years. Once again, your not to keen on facts are you?

proof this is what they are saying?

care
We are fighting the forces of barbarism that want to rip up the Iraqi Constitution and plunge women into the 8th Century. We are fighting the people who want to run the lives of 25 million Iraqis at the point of a gun, just like Saddam. We are fighting Al Qaeda who is willing to commit any unspeakable atrocity, even use children homicide bombers, in order to defeat America. We are fighting Iran who wants control over Iraq and is killing our people everyday. Do you not get that? Or do you just not care? You think we should run away from that? No, Saddam did not kill 6 million in gas chambers, but he did kill thousands of Iraqis and started two very bloody wars. Just how many people would Saddam have had to kill before you tried to stop him? Thousands of Iraqi deaths and two wars did not quite get to the tipping point for you?

You hit it on the head Care ,they had no answer to the facts presented so they pretended it sugested all kinds of crazy crap they know no one has advocated.

Its all or nothing with them, they dont mind its not thier blood seeping into the sands of Iraq.

Guess what, I have left a few pints of blood in the sand and so have my sons....so dont even go down that road. I am well awarer of the cost of war.

I am truly trying to ascertain how much of this you have thought through....I want to know if it is just American lives you worry about or the iraqii deaths sure to occur if we leave Iraq to the Iraqiis under the current circumstances.

I am trying to ascertain just where the line is, in your opinion, regarding US involvement in world affairs. You proffered an expert opinion and I sincerely want to know if we are to run this country (in the future at least) based on the opinion of world experts.

Guess what, I have left a few pints of blood in the sand and so have my sons....so dont even go down that road. I am well awarer of the cost of war.

I am truly trying to ascertain how much of this you have thought through....I want to know if it is just American lives you worry about or the iraqii deaths sure to occur if we leave Iraq to the Iraqiis under the current circumstances.

I am trying to ascertain just where the line is, in your opinion, regarding US involvement in world affairs. You proffered an expert opinion and I sincerely want to know if we are to run this country (in the future at least) based on the opinion of world experts.

The Iraqi people wnat us to leave ,its thir country

No but he did declare war against an allied nation (Kuwait)

Good thing Kurds dont count eh?

Um yeah, he had one of the largest armies in the region.

care

At least give a COMPLETE scenario.

from my link above

BAGHDAD - A majority of Iraqi lawmakers have endorsed a bill calling for a timetable for the withdrawal of foreign troops and demanding a freeze on the number of foreign troops already in the country, lawmakers said Thursday.

The legislation was being debated even as U.S. lawmakers were locked in a dispute with the White House over their call to start reducing the size of the U.S. force here in the coming months.

The Iraqi bill, drafted by a parliamentary bloc loyal to anti-American Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr, was signed by 144 members of the 275-member house, according to Nassar al-Rubaie, the leader of the Sadrist bloc.

The Sadrist bloc, which sees the U.S.-led forces as an occupying army, has pushed similar bills before, but this was the first time it had garnered the support of a majority of lawmakers.

The bill would require the Iraqi government to seek approval from parliament before it requests an extension of the U.N. mandate for foreign forces to be in Iraq, al-Rubaie said. It also calls for a timetable for the troop withdrawal and a freeze on the size of the foreign forces.

The Iraqi people wnat us to leave ,its thir country

I am refering to the original expert opinion you posted and you know it. I have said nothing about the Iraqiis wanting us to leave...

by the way, from your own link, the Iraqiis themselves don't want us to leave until they are assured stability and the ability to provide their own security....guess you missed that part...

are you going to address my questions or are you just trolling?

Newbusters?

you have got to be kidding.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

signed by 144 members of the 275-member house, according to Nassar al-Rubaie, the leader of the Sadrist bloc.

The Sadrist bloc, which sees the U.S.-led forces as an occupying army, has pushed similar bills before, but this was the first time it had garnered the support of a majority of lawmakers.

The bill would require the Iraqi government to seek approval from parliament before it requests an extension of the U.N. mandate for foreign forces to be in Iraq, al-Rubaie said. It also calls for a timetable for the troop withdrawal and a freeze on the size of the foreign forces.

Forum List

Back