Charlie Rose should be fired

OldLady

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2015
I tuned into the CBS evening news half way through last night, which is usually not something that sends me screaming from the room. But there was Charlie Rose (I thought he worked for PBS?) scolding Bernie Sanders as if he were a 2nd grader that had just been caught fighting on the playground. Rose refused to even acknowledge Sanders' (valid) points, gave him a good scolding and then put an entire formal apology to Clinton in Sanders' mouth and pretty much demanded he agree to it.
It was the most disgusting piece of journalistic "interviewing" I've seen this election cycle.

Rose (and by extension his employers) has proven he is more a Democrat's Rush Limbaugh than a serious journalist. He could only prove his professionalism by giving the EXACT same treatment to Hillary.

Bernie Sanders: I attacked Hillary Clinton because she attacked me

I thought Charlie Rose was banned for betting on baseball.... :eusa_shifty:

"I attacked Hillary Clinton because she attacked me" --- hey, that's what I do here. I don't attack unless attacked first... :dunno:

I tuned into the CBS evening news half way through last night, which is usually not something that sends me screaming from the room. But there was Charlie Rose (I thought he worked for PBS?) scolding Bernie Sanders as if he were a 2nd grader that had just been caught fighting on the playground. Rose refused to even acknowledge Sanders' (valid) points, gave him a good scolding and then put an entire formal apology to Clinton in Sanders' mouth and pretty much demanded he agree to it.
It was the most disgusting piece of journalistic "interviewing" I've seen this election cycle.

Rose (and by extension his employers) has proven he is more a Democrat's Rush Limbaugh than a serious journalist. He could only prove his professionalism by giving the EXACT same treatment to Hillary.

so bernie could not defend himself?....

I think her point is that that's not what a journalist is supposed to be doing. That's what candidates are expected to do.

I suspect it's got something to do with his moving from non-commercial to commercial broadcasting. This is what happens -- you're expected to stir the shit to drive ratings. Because after all once you go down that road it has to be about ratings, not journalism.

I haven't seen much of Rose on CBS but when he was on PBS he'd do his interviews with fair, curious and open-ended questions. PBS after all isn't selling anything.

I thought Charlie Rose was banned for betting on baseball.... :eusa_shifty:

"I attacked Hillary Clinton because she attacked me" --- hey, that's what I do here. I don't attack unless attacked first... :dunno:
IKR

Wish you could have heard it. The transcript is on the link, though. In order to defend himself, he would have had to deny running a clean and fair campaign...take a look.

I think her point is that that's not what a journalist is supposed to be doing. That's what candidates are expected to do.

I suspect it's got something to do with his moving from non-commercial to commercial broadcasting. This is what happens -- you're expected to stir the shit to drive ratings. Because after all once you go down that road it has to be about ratings, not journalism.

I haven't seen much of Rose on CBS but when he was on PBS he'd do his interviews with fair, curious and open-ended questions. PBS after all isn't selling anything.
but she said that rose gave him a good scolding and then put an entire formal apology to Clinton in Sanders' mouth and pretty much demanded he agree to it.....so like i said,bernie just lets that happen without defending himself?.....

but she said that rose gave him a good scolding and then put an entire formal apology to Clinton in Sanders' mouth and pretty much demanded he agree to it.....so like i said,bernie just lets that happen without defending himself?.....

STILL not the point. Read it again.

I journalist/interviewer is supposed to be ferreting out information ---- not waging attacks. It's not the interviewee's job to correct an errant interviewer's behaviour -- it's his employer's.

What I'm saying is I suspect his employer actually put him up to it in order to sell soap.

What you're saying sounds like, the kid throws his meal on the floor and you say to the parent, "what, are you unable to clean that up?"

If someone discovers an actual real life journalist find out where it is & capture it for the museum of natural history

And to the OP - you bet, this is a blatant unapologetic "Hillary for President" attack piece. Nothing else.
It is disingenuous and wounds a lifelong career of Charlie Rose.

In contrast...look at the softball questions, vollyball setup questions and NO follow ups when he interviewed Hillary.
Pathetic

If someone discovers an actual real life journalist find out where it is & capture it for the museum of natural history
I miss Walter Cronkite.

Last edited:
For those of you who have adblockplus........

Thanks -- good to see what we're talking about. Looks to me like Sanders answers the question over and over and Rose doesn't hear it and keeps asking, as if context is meaningless.

There is no planet where context is meaningless. That kind of thinking is poison.

I love how every time anyone tries to hold Bernie accountable for anything, his people start yelling about the "media".

no one has taken more BS than Hillary Clinton. the fact that Bernie, who is not nearly as "qualified" as she (no matter what your political beliefs may be) called her unqualified in a fit of pique is his problem. he has to answer for it.

no one is doing anything wrong by challenging him. everyone gets challenged. there aren't any sacred cows.

I miss Walter Conkrite.
When I was younger I liked Tom Brokaw. Dunno if I was just naive or he hadn't toned UP his partisanship yet.

And to the OP - you bet, this is a blatant unapologetic "Hillary for President" attack piece. Nothing else.
It is disingenuous and wounds a lifelong career of Charlie Rose.

In contrast...look at the softball questions, vollyball setup questions and NO follow ups when he interviewed Hillary.
Pathetic

yes-----VERY OUT OF CHARACTER for Charlie rose------maybe he was delerious

Thanks -- good to see what we're talking about. Looks to me like Sanders answers the question over and over and Rose doesn't hear it and keeps asking, as if context is meaningless.

There is no planet where context is meaningless. That kind of thinking is poison.

It was gotcha journalism at best. Rose was after one sound bite - I am sorry...and then...yes I will support Hillary should she win Primary.
That is all that he was after, your right Sanders answered the question 3-4 times and Charlie kept going back till he got the "sort of" apology. And to note of course, everytime Sanders said why don't you ask Hillary the same thing - Rose switches back to "don't you want to apologize?"

Pathetic

Forum List

Back