Charlie Crist commits (political) suicide!

Well, if you're so fucking smart, then why don't YOU tell US what the material differences are between

2006 - Joe Lieberman loses primary and runs as Independent.

2010 - Charlie Crist loses primary and runs as Independent.

List the material differences, material as in making it un-hypocritical for the right to cheer Lieberman and yet excoriate Crist.

Go!!!

Crist first call was to Rahm Emanuel

So you say.

Did you bother to read the OP or lacking the skills, have someone read it to you?

(1) Remember that CF is an agenda-driven loon that ignores facts.

(2) I don't know where CC is asking BHO for help, but that cannot hurt him in Miami or along I-4, where most of the votes reside.

Jake whose paying you to post here?

You've been busted, exposed, outed and yet you keep coming back with your Pinocchio "I'm a Real Republican!" act.

No one believes it, you know that, right? You know people laugh at you when you post your nonsense, right?

(2) I don't know where CC is asking BHO for help, but that cannot hurt him in Miami or along I-4, where most of the votes reside.

Jake whose paying you to post here?

You've been busted, exposed, outed and yet you keep coming back with your Pinocchio "I'm a Real Republican!" act.

No one believes it, you know that, right? You know people laugh at you when you post your nonsense, right?

TRUE dat!

Of course I'm a real Republican, Jiminy!

pinocchio1.gif

Again, let me reiterate: Crist has no chance whatsoever of winning the Senate seat.

Instead of doing the honorable thing after his drubbing in the primary, and supporting the guy who beat him, Crist is acting on orders from the Community Organizer in the WH and becoming an anarchist.

One mo' time: Crist has no chance of winning the Senate seat and should spend his time practicing for his audition as a gay fluffer

So wait, only people who have "a shot" to win should run for the Senate? That doesn't sound like democracy to me.

CF and the ilk like him do not love democracy or the constitutional republic.

They are still infuriated that the American people rejected corporatism and neo-conservatism in the last election. The social values conservatives stayed home by the millions because they felt betrayed by the Bush administration.

Nothing at all indicates a trend to fix that as evident in the Republican Party, which then is foredoomed to defeat again this fall.

They are still infuriated that the American people rejected corporatism and neo-conservatism in the last election. The social values conservatives stayed home by the millions because they felt betrayed by the Bush administration.

Nothing at all indicates a trend to fix that as evident in the Republican Party, which then is foredoomed to defeat again this fall.

Frauds (transparent frauds) like Jokey don't even grasp that we don't live in a "democracy." We DO live in a Constitutional Republic.

Frauds like Jokey (who cannot grasp that their obviously dishonest claim of being a Republican is not even remotely credible) fail to grasp that adherence to the true meaning and purpose of our Constitutional Republic requires that fighting the meaningless loyalty of poseurs like him to the precepts of some "moderate" political ground is a healthy thing.

The liberal Democratics (of which Jokey is clearly a loyalist) are gonna have their asses handed to them in a sack come November.

For good reason.

He's also a big fat liar. I watched the debate he had with Rubio.. Crist swore on his dead dog's grave he would NEVER leave the Republican party.. QUITTER AND LIAR

Willow is simply being a pussy and should be ignored. Keep meowing, little kitty.

isn't he still governor? Unlike a certain someone else?

not a republican govenor it would seem, the asshole needs to pay back all the money.. All the money... He's a liar which makes him a perfect demonrat.

You know now the whacko right is doomed in FL. That is a nice feeling for good Republicans and independents. Crist or the Dem is preferable to the whacko.

Last edited:
isn't he still governor? Unlike a certain someone else?

not a republican govenor it would seem, the asshole needs to pay back all the money.. All the money... He's a liar which makes him a perfect demonrat.

You know now the whacko right is doomed in FL. That is a nice feeling for good Republicans and independents. Christ or the Dem is preferable to the whacko.

Crist will get no Republican votes, now. Well, none worth worrying about. The Dims won't vote for that poseur, either, at least not in large numbers. It is even conceivable that by going 3P, Crist will act like less of a spoiler to Rubio than he will to the dreams of the idiot liberal Dims.

Rubio is likely to take it. Not Crist. Rubio.

I understand that this upsets you lib Dims, Jokey. But, that's ok. It is what it is.

:cool:

Look Jiminy, I'm a real Republican!

pinocchio1.gif

My ilk?

Look Fuckstain, at least I don't go around pretending to be a Liberal and chastising "my side" for always being wrong

Your Boy Obama lied his way into the job by flanking McCain on the Right, showing how Absolutely Fucking Useless Moderate Republicans are. Again, not that you're a Moderate, you're either a poseur who gets paid to post here or a complete fucking idiot or maybe both

http://www.usmessageboard.com/tea-p...no-head-claimed-by-tea-party.html#post2266833

He's also a big fat liar. I watched the debate he had with Rubio.. Crist swore on his dead dog's grave he would NEVER leave the Republican party.. QUITTER AND LIAR

The TEA Party. The gift that keeps on giving.......to Democrats!

:lol: Uh huh.

He wouldn't even admit to who he intended to caucus with on MTP today. If he wins, he'll caucus with Dems, I just know it.

He wouldn't even admit to who he intended to caucus with on MTP today. If he wins, he'll caucus with Dems, I just know it.

And maybe Conservatives will ask Jake Starkey for his advise?

That would make him, Liebermann, Grassley, Snowe, and a couple of others the swing votes for the Obama program in 2011 -2012. Obama would get everything he wanted.

That would make him, Liebermann, Grassley, Snowe, and a couple of others the swing votes for the Obama program in 2011 -2012. Obama would get everything he wanted.

Sounds like a Jokey wet-dream.

But we are still supposed to buy his transparent lie that he's a Republican.

:lol:

Yup, he's asking the WH for help in defeating Rubio. Maybe Obama will work his charm like he did in NJ, VA and MA!

"2. Here first: Charlie Crist, soon to be independent Senate candidate from Florida, tried to reach White House chief of staff Emanuel through intermediates. WH refuses to take the call. Dems plan big talent/money blitz for Kendrick Meek. BTW: Obama's approval rating in FL is in high 40s, per internal Dem polling."

The Night Beat: Sorry Charlie - Politics - The Atlantic

Charlie and Barry sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g

crist-obama.jpg

It is possible Florida has the scummiest, stupidest pols of any state. Nelson is a complete freaking idijit as well. Thankies for this Op, CrusaderFrank. Cheered my azz right up!
:clap2:

Let's have an end to this consistent accusation of "corporatism" on the part of conservatives by taking a good look at what corporatism is... and just who it is that's practicing it.

Main Entry: cor·po·rat·ism
Pronunciation: \ˈkȯr-p(ə-)rə-ˌti-zəm\
Function: noun
Date: 1890

: the organization of a society into industrial and professional corporations serving as organs of political representation and exercising control over persons and activities within their jurisdiction

Corporatism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Corporatism is NOT the same as lobbying. It's an entirely different thing. Bear in mind that lobbying is protected by the 1st Amendment.

Corporations lobby and donate to both major political parties, and in the last election, Democrats received more donations from Wall Street than Republicans, with Barack Obama doing particularly well for himself. And we didn't see him turning those dollars down, now did we? :eusa_whistle:

Corporations are not always 'for-profit' businesses. By definition:
cor·po·ra·tion (kôrp-rshn)
n.
1. A body that is granted a charter recognizing it as a separate legal entity having its own rights, privileges, and liabilities distinct from those of its members.
2. Such a body created for purposes of government. Also called body corporate.
3. A group of people combined into or acting as one body.
4. Informal A protruding abdominal region; a potbelly.

corporation - definition of corporation by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

So... essentially, all the 'non-profits' lobbying our government are also "corporations". But unlike the for-profit businesses... they get a seat at the policy table. ie. La Raza's participation in drafting the failed 2006 comprehensive immigration bill, the UAW's involvement in GM and Chrysler's bankruptcies, ACORN's access to federal funding, etc.

Groups like SEIU, the UAW, La Raza, NAACP, ACORN, etc... are just as "corporate" as any 'for-profit' business. And yet these groups consistently have a place at the policy table. "Compassionate conservatives" like G.W. Bush and progressives like Bill Clinton and Barack Obama have pulled out the chair for these people. What's worse, is that we have politicians in Washington who trade their influence for political support:

Breitbart.tv Uncovered Video: Obama Leads SEIU Chant After Vowing to ‘Paint the Nation Purple’

That's a "corporation" Obama's speaking to. :eek:

So, we have progressives utilizing the power of non-profit corporations for political purposes... but they have a long history of using "corporatism" to engineer "planned economies".

When Franklin D. Roosevelt became President of the United States in March 1933, he expressly adopted a variety of measures to see which would work, including several which their proponents felt would be inconsistent with each other. One of these programs was the National Recovery Administration (NRA), which, with its codes and industry organizations, was said by some critics to have a certain resemblance, as an economic institution, to Mussolini's corporatism.[1][2][3][4][5][6] This comparison was made at the time, and it was not always a critical one; even Winston Churchill had praised Mussolini. Churchill controversially claimed that the Fascism of Benito Mussolini had "rendered a service to the whole world," showing, as it had, "a way to combat subversive forces" — that is, he considered the regime to be a bulwark against the perceived threat of Communist revolution. At one point, Churchill went as far as to call Mussolini the "Roman genius ... the greatest lawgiver among men."[7] FDR's personal letters reveal that he was impressed by what Mussolini was doing and said that he kept in close touch with that "admirable gentleman."[8] Mussolini himself praised the New Deal as following his own corporate state, as quoted in a July 1933 article in the New York Times, "Your plan for coordination of industry follows precisely our lines of cooperation."[9]

The New Deal and corporatism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Today, we have our federal government under Barack Obama OPENLY involved in not only 'non-profit' corporations but 'for-profit' ones as well. We have ownership stakes in the auto manufacturing and the banking industry. We're micromanaging the healthcare industry as of 2014 and will be creating an entire new industry of carbon credit trading if this cap-and-tax fiasco gets through. :eek:

One of the clearest examples of why the current atmosphere of "corporatism" in Washington is NOT in the best interest of the American people is this recent business with GM. Not only do we have our government incapable of acting as a fair arbiter of disputes in such matters as the Toyota recalls... but we have the Treasury Department actively DECEIVING us. GM's recent advertisements proclaiming the repayment of their government loans were, in essence, a LIE that Treasury allowed to stand. These people paid us back with our own money.
Fair Game - At G.M., Repaying Taxpayers With Their Own Cash - NYTimes.com

So, we have a government, that once more is acting as a player on the field rather than the referee. And in the REAL WORLD... if they got caught trying to mislead investors, they'd be prosecuted.
This kind of misleading statement would be actionable under Sarbanes-Oxley had it been made as part of a disclosure statement. It might still yet be actionable if the SEC concluded that GM intended to mislead investors into buying GM shares the same way Whitacre wanted to encourage car buyers to come back to GM by falsely claiming that they had repaid taxpayers in full. However, that would mean that the SEC would have to investigate the role of the executive branch to which it belongs in the endorsement of Whitacre’s statement. Any investigation of this would have to originate in Congress, and they’re not likely to engage, either … at least not this year.

(more...)

Hot Air NYT: GM, Treasury lied about bailout repayment

Bottom line... the "conservatives-are-corporatists" meme fails on every level. The current administration makes the GOP look like a bunch of pikers when it comes to corporate influence. Even FDR looks like a rank amateur when compared to Barack Obama. And before you try to deny it... best to excavate GE's Jeffrey Immelt out from beneath Barry's left butt-cheek. :rolleyes:

Well, I live in Florida and I am voting for Charlie Crist!!

Say what you want, but I do not know Rubio, and I do not care for the "conservative" label that much.

In fact, (American)Libertarians are much more sexier than a bunch of "foot in the grave" conservative!!:tongue:

Not all Republicans are corporatists, but almost all corporatists are Republican.

"The current administration makes the GOP look like a bunch of pikers when it comes to corporate influence." Fail.

Not all Republicans are corporatists, but almost all corporatists are Republican.

"The current administration makes the GOP look like a bunch of pikers when it comes to corporate influence." Fail.

By all means.... prove your case. I'm all ears. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back