Charged with manslaughter for texts and phone convos?

Looks like half you assholes telling people to blow their brains out or jump off a bridge might be committing manslaughter if they do it.
Yayyy America!

She's being charged with involuntary manslaughter, because she encouraged him to commit suicide.

During this suicide, her boyfriend had been sitting in a car with CO being routed into the cab, but got scared, texted her that he was leaving the car. She then texted another friend and bitched about him not going through with it, and then texted him back and told him to get back in the car.

It was because he went back in that he later died.

Nope, sorry...............even if she is found innocent of this dude's death, she should still be brought up on some sort of bullying charges, because that is basically what she did, bullied him into committing suicide.

And yeah..............that is a thing.

She's being charged with involuntary manslaughter, because she encouraged him to commit suicide.

During this suicide, her boyfriend had been sitting in a car with CO being routed into the cab, but got scared, texted her that he was leaving the car. She then texted another friend and bitched about him not going through with it, and then texted him back and told him to get back in the car.

Nope, sorry...............even if she is found innocent of this dude's death, she should still be brought up on some sort of bullying charges, because that is basically what she did, bullied him into committing suicide.

My 8 year old son has more sense than that crap.
Words aren't illegal. Hek, most kids know that. Not just mine.
More collective nonsense.

I hope she lives the rest of her life with guilt that she influenced his weak mind.
But bringing the government into it? What a load of horseshit.

When a person is being constantly bullied by people on social media, the bullying is no longer limited to school, but has expanded to 24/7. And, there are many cases where kids have taken their lives because of bullying on social media.

And yeah, it's still illegal to yell "fire" in a theater if there is no fire, because in the panic people can get hurt.

I hope she lives the rest of her life with guilt that she influenced his weak mind.

If you actually knew anything about this story, you would know that it was the coroner who brought up the charges at a coroner's inquest, because he felt that she was the cause of his suicide by the way she sent messages to him.

If you actually knew anything about this story, you would know that it was the coroner who brought up the charges at a coroner's inquest, because he felt that she was the cause of his suicide by the way she sent messages to him.
That doesn't refute my comment at all...

Regardless of what she is charged with....there is something terribly wrong with a person who would work so hard to persuade someone to commit suicide - that is seriously broken.

When a person is being constantly bullied by people on social media, the bullying is no longer limited to school, but has expanded to 24/7. And, there are many cases where kids have taken their lives because of bullying on social media.

And yeah, it's still illegal to yell "fire" in a theater if there is no fire, because in the panic people can get hurt.
Oh, im sorry. The bullies must FORCE them to be on social media. They must FORCE them to blow their brains out or jump in front of a truck. They FORCE them to take offense to words.
Sorry, I just believe in personal responsibility.
If someone bullied my kid and he let them bother him, guess who I will be more upset with?

Regardless of what she is charged with....there is something terribly wrong with a person who would work so hard to persuade someone to commit suicide - that is seriously broken.
I absolutely agree with that.

Oh, im sorry. The bullies must FORCE them to be on social media. They must FORCE them to blow their brains out or jump in front of a truck. They FORCE them to take offense to words.
If someone bullied my kid and he let them bother him, guess who I will be more upset with?

I don't know how old you are TN - or your kids, but I'm thinking it's a whole different ball game out there then when I was a kid or, if I had had children - when they would have been. Social media, smart phones, etc really changes things and vastly extends the influence and reach of bullies who can do so from anonymity, who can falsify things that can reach a person's entire "network" of friends.

I don't think it's so straightforward anymore.

I don't know how old you are TN - or your kids, but I'm thinking it's a whole different ball game out there then when I was a kid or, if I had had children - when they would have been. Social media, smart phones, etc really changes things and vastly extends the influence and reach of bullies who can do so from anonymity, who can falsify things that can reach a person's entire "network" of friends.

You're right. There are forms of bullying that take place on social media that would have been unheard of being able to do back when I was in high school (78 to 82).

Doesn't matter. Technology is no reason to shit on personal responsibility. People should adapt to a changing world, if that's the case.
It isn't my problem someone is emotionally weak. I shouldn't lose rights because of it.

You're right. There are forms of bullying that take place on social media that would have been unheard of being able to do back when I was in high school (78 to 82).

I graduated in 77, so we're not too far off. We had bullies but they were direct and in your face.

Glad I'm not a kid or a parent now.

so if someone tells you to jump off a bridge you would?

There was no crime committed

Suicide isn't a crime

you do know that computers and phones have an OFF button don't you?

I graduated in 77, so we're not too far off. We had bullies but they were direct and in your face.

Yep, and if a bully wanted to turn everyone against you, they had to go to each person directly and get their support.

Nowadays? All you have to do is create a Facebook group and send an invite to get people to join. Much easier to bully nowadays.

And the bitch of it is, bullying follows you home from school on your smartphone and Facebook.

Yep, and if a bully wanted to turn everyone against you, they had to go to each person directly and get their support.

Nowadays? All you have to do is create a Facebook group and send an invite to get people to join. Much easier to bully nowadays.

And the bitch of it is, bullying follows you home from school on your smartphone and Facebook.
Turn off your phone and the bullying goes away

Forum List

Back