Chaos erupts at 5-year-old's birthday party; mom, 3 others arrested

Why the hell are cops even responding to loud music calls? This is the stupidest thing. When there are REAL crimes that they claim they don't have the *manpower* to properly investigate?

they were beat cops in the area anyway is my understanding

plus, it is possible that a neighbor complained?

when the cops get a complaint, they have a duty to check it out

No, they really don't.

When they have a complaint about people fighting, or children screaming, or a robbery..they need to respond.

But this is bs. This isn't what we have cops for. They aren't there to monitor us and constantly check to see if we are doing anything *wrong*. They're solely there to protect us when we are in danger.

And loud music is not a danger to anybody. It's a fucking code violation. Give them a ticket and leave.

Why the hell are cops even responding to loud music calls? This is the stupidest thing. When there are REAL crimes that they claim they don't have the *manpower* to properly investigate?

they were beat cops in the area anyway is my understanding

plus, it is possible that a neighbor complained?

when the cops get a complaint, they have a duty to check it out

No, they really don't.

When they have a complaint about people fighting, or children screaming, or a robbery..they need to respond.

But this is bs. This isn't what we have cops for. They aren't there to monitor us and constantly check to see if we are doing anything *wrong*. They're solely there to protect us when we are in danger.

And loud music is not a danger to anybody. It's a fucking code violation. Give them a ticket and leave.
Have you ever heard the saying "play stupid games, win stupid prizes"?

When a peace officer tells you to do something, if you don't comply, you are playing a stupid game

Especially when you're violating the law

These folks were clearly in the wrong & their neighbors should have a right to live a new peace

You should have the right to swing your arm as hard and fast as you want, up and until the tip of your hand connects with the bridge of my nose...

So no, what these cops was doing was not stupid or ridiculous, part of their job is to ensure the peace

"the music is too loud"

(normal person) - "Yes sir officer, we'll turn it down now sorry about that"

How fucking hard is this?

Chaos erupts at 5-year-old's birthday party; mom, 3 others arrested in clash with Birmingham police

quote:
A 5-year-old's weekend birthday party in one of Birmingham's public housing communities ended up with four adults arrested and a 4-month-old pepper sprayed, and now residents and community activists are calling for the firing of two city police officers.

Patrice Bozeman, 24, said family members were gathered outside her apartment in Kingston Saturday night to celebrate the birthday of her daughter, Zauriona. Two beat officers, they said, told them the music was too loud and when they questioned them on it, they said, at least 15 police officers arrived as backup and chaos erupted.

quote:
"During the course of that exchange, the citizens were not compliant so the officers made a decision to arrest the instigator,'' Edwards said. "At that time, the citizen resisted and even shoved the officer which led to the escalation. The primary officer used his spray on the one subject but other family members attempted to intervene and prevent the arrest."

quote:
The family and the activists are calling on the department to apologize to the Bozeman family, drop the charges against them and to fire the two beat officers, both of whom are black.

Fucking n!ggers.

"the music is too loud"

Chaos erupts at 5-year-old's birthday party; mom, 3 others arrested in clash with Birmingham police

quote:
A 5-year-old's weekend birthday party in one of Birmingham's public housing communities ended up with four adults arrested and a 4-month-old pepper sprayed, and now residents and community activists are calling for the firing of two city police officers.

Patrice Bozeman, 24, said family members were gathered outside her apartment in Kingston Saturday night to celebrate the birthday of her daughter, Zauriona. Two beat officers, they said, told them the music was too loud and when they questioned them on it, they said, at least 15 police officers arrived as backup and chaos erupted.

quote:
"During the course of that exchange, the citizens were not compliant so the officers made a decision to arrest the instigator,'' Edwards said. "At that time, the citizen resisted and even shoved the officer which led to the escalation. The primary officer used his spray on the one subject but other family members attempted to intervene and prevent the arrest."

quote:
The family and the activists are calling on the department to apologize to the Bozeman family, drop the charges against them and to fire the two beat officers, both of whom are black.

Who wrote that article? They need a refund from the English dept. at their college.

Seriously, whatever happened to proofreading? That is truly painful to read.

"handcuffed for decades"? :confused-84:

"the music is too loud"

quote:

quote:

quote:

Who wrote that article? They need a refund from the English dept. at their college.

Birmingham News

Same people that run AL.com run NJ.com

Left wingers mostly

Not the best & brightest of journalists...

"the music is too loud"

quote:

quote:

quote:

Birmingham News

Same people that run AL.com run NJ.com

Left wingers mostly

Not the best & brightest of journalists...

Apparently not!

Arrested for the crime of having a birthday party?

Lol!

It was reported that vulgar music was blaring, hell of a 5 year old?

Lol!

Have you ever been to an inner city apartment complex?

Serious question - I grew up in Atlanta, live in Birmingham

It's a different world

I shit you not

Side note

FWIW - Bham city cops are by and large pretty solid and fair

City of Birmingham is like Atlanta, 80% + black

We are ALWAYS in the top 10 for violent crimes

Cops in those areas have a really tough job

Without knowing everything, I would bet my life savings that these cops were in the right in this situation

Lol!

Have you ever been to an inner city apartment complex?

Serious question - I grew up in Atlanta, live in Birmingham

It's a different world

I shit you not

Indeed. It's one of the reasons Federal welfare programs need to be genuinely Federal, and with the recipients if they want to leave these shitholes; many would in a heartbeat; obviously not the hood rats in this particular story , true, but many, and the vermin left can be treated with the 'respect' due them, like just have a helicopter fly over every call address and drop tear gas and stun grenades over an area a hundred feet in every direction and move on; no need to send a patrol car in there and risk police lives on these feral animals.

From the OP article

Birmingham police said the child's party started about 2:30 p.m. and was still going on five hours later. He pointed out that the Birmingham Housing Authority prohibits private parties without prior permission by authorities there.

Police, he said, went to the apartment earlier in the day where loud, "vulgar" music was blaring. The officers told the family to turn the music down, but were going to allow them to continue with the party despite the fact that they weren't supposed to be doing so.

When the loud music continued, officers returned to the apartment and spoke with the family. When they were met with resistance, which was shown in the officers' body camera footage, the officers decided to issue a noise ordinance violation and make arrests.

That's when the chaos erupted. Initially there were only two officers on the scene, but a handful more showed up. Police said, however, there were not 15 officers there. Some of the family members did resist arrest, and Denise Bozeman was Maced, they said and the video showed. Mist from that Mace affected others in the area, including the infant.

These people are some stupid inbred fuckers.

This obviously was NOT a party for her kid. It was a party for HER, the mom.
Low lifes. Blech.

Where do I begin?

Four year olds b-day party at 7:30 at night so hardly a proper hour for a kids party.

Alcohol at a 4 year olds party? Really? Yeah that's setting a good example.

I'm going to take a guess and say they weren't playing the song to "Wonder Ball" too loud as the children played the game. :rolleyes:

Way to reinforce the common stereotype of black people in public housing.:clap: Seriously could they act any more ghetto?

I'm 54. I've attended my share of kids parties and yet at not one of them did anyone get arrested. J/S

Normal people would simply say I'm sorry officer I didn't realize the music was that loud and then they'd turn it down because they wouldn't want a confrontation in front of the children. Hell I'd probably offer the officer some soda and cake. Then again I care about my neighbors and the people around me keep the music to a considerate level in the first place.

Couldn't help but notice black lives matters showed up. I guess BLM considers intoxication at a child's party appropriate behavior. :cheers2:

Sorry but I have not one ounce of sympathy for these people. That said I'm sure they think it's everyone else fault but theirs. I feel bad for the kids being raised by these idiots.

Drive through these hoods and you will see 6 to 12 year olds out playing among the hookers and gangbangers at 2 am in the mornings, on weeknights even.

Forum List

Back