Changing View On Illegal Immigration

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Just got back from a trip to Mexico and some of what I saw completely changed my views.

First, there is a huge stereotypical view that Mexicans hate Gringos, so far from the truth. Of course vendors will be cool, but the Mexican women and even men at the clubs and bars are just a friendly and accepting. For the most part they respect and like Gringos. I think the reconquest threat is truly a MYTH! Too much intermingling going on and even hispanics that now live in Mexico don't say they are from Mexico, but from Seattle, LA, Houston etc. They take pride in American cities and states they were born in.

Second, there is much MUCH to admire to how the poor in Mexico react to their situation, then the poor in the US. Walk down the streets in every big US city and you see people begging and asking for handouts. These are the direct beggars. In Mexico everyone is hustling, I didn't see ONE panhandler, NOT ONE!!! Amazing! If it was Chicago, I would have seem thousands! Everyone else was trying to get my dollars, but god forbidden by SELLING ME ITEMS I MIGHT WANT. And I purchased a bunch of items. That is a A LOT to ADMIRE, in my views.

Third, Mexican families have a huge sense of familia! They seems to cherish their families and respect each other. Not the same with American families! The break up of the American family is a HUGE part of the people!

Fourth, Hispanic coming to America and speaking English makes us WHITE, BLACK AND ASIAN Americans better! As a capitalistic market and leader in commerce we should look to the Latin American emerging markets of Mexico (which will overtake Brazil), Argentina, Costa Rica, Chile, Panama, Peru, Colombia etc as the business opportunities they are. Too many lazy America think learning another language is bad, we should change the point of view.

While we should secure the border, end birthright citizenship, go after the employers that exploit workers, we need to FOCUS on the REAL issue, which is the bigger issue throughout American society. The freebies, handouts and welfare state that exploded the cost of living and made American lazy and refusing to work! Amazing how those liberal moves destroyed our society!

I now support a version of the Dream Act. If you were brought here before the age of 10, started and FINISHED college or go to the military and were honorably discharge, if you have no criminal records and pass both literacy, basic economics and general US history and constitution test, then you get amnesty.

I have never met a latino I did not like. They are a happy and loving people. I like cats too and there's nothing more adorable than a playful kitten. This does not mean that living in a colony of feral cats is someplace you want to be. Living among hispanics is like living among feral cats.

Ask the people in Compton if they appreciate the hispanics moving in? The ones that are still alive, that is. I've lived in many, MANY neighborhoods that became latino over time. In every instance, I eventually gave up living among the feral cats and moved.

mexicans in mexico can afford to be gracious. It's already mexico. In the United States, they are fighting to make it mexico, so there is a difference.

I have never met a latino I did not like. They are a happy and loving people. I like cats too and there's nothing more adorable than a playful kitten. This does not mean that living in a colony of feral cats is someplace you want to be. Living among hispanics is like living among feral cats.

Ask the people in Compton if they appreciate the hispanics moving in? The ones that are still alive, that is. I've lived in many, MANY neighborhoods that became latino over time. In every instance, I eventually gave up living among the feral cats and moved.

mexicans in mexico can afford to be gracious. It's already mexico. In the United States, they are fighting to make it mexico, so there is a difference.

Do you work to be ignorant?

Compton is located in a Spanish land grant from 1784 named Rancho San Pedro to Juan Jose Dominguez, a retired soldado de cuera for his years of service. It included over 75,000 acres. As usually happened, when the USA took over control of California from Mexico, many of the land grants were invalidated and the land was sold to Gringos.

In 1867, a guy named Compton led 30 Gringos from Stockton - where they had failed at finding riches in the gold fields, and settled on the land - robbing what had originally belonged to the Dominguez family. And, by the late 1880s, they screwed the people who had originally lived there.

So, if "Mexicans" or other Hispanics are moving into Compton - they are only reclaiming what was theirs. :clap2:

Last edited:
My parents own a house on the beach in Mexico and I love visiting.

Mexico is a great place, for Mexicans. They should stay there.

To GHook39 -

I agree with your view of Mexico. After five years, I recently returned to Mazatlan, Sinaloa and made similar observations about the country and where it is going. As you indicated, I saw not a single beggar. I DID see some severely disable people on the streets - trying to make an honest living by selling newspapers or other items passers by might want. They don't expect hand outs but seek to find hand ups.

If you wish, read my impressions at my blog, Father Serra's Legacy

Just got back from a trip to Mexico and some of what I saw completely changed my views.

First, there is a huge stereotypical view that Mexicans hate Gringos, so far from the truth. Of course vendors will be cool, but the Mexican women and even men at the clubs and bars are just a friendly and accepting. For the most part they respect and like Gringos. I think the reconquest threat is truly a MYTH! Too much intermingling going on and even hispanics that now live in Mexico don't say they are from Mexico, but from Seattle, LA, Houston etc. They take pride in American cities and states they were born in.

Second, there is much MUCH to admire to how the poor in Mexico react to their situation, then the poor in the US. Walk down the streets in every big US city and you see people begging and asking for handouts. These are the direct beggars. In Mexico everyone is hustling, I didn't see ONE panhandler, NOT ONE!!! Amazing! If it was Chicago, I would have seem thousands! Everyone else was trying to get my dollars, but god forbidden by SELLING ME ITEMS I MIGHT WANT. And I purchased a bunch of items. That is a A LOT to ADMIRE, in my views.

Third, Mexican families have a huge sense of familia! They seems to cherish their families and respect each other. Not the same with American families! The break up of the American family is a HUGE part of the people!

Fourth, Hispanic coming to America and speaking English makes us WHITE, BLACK AND ASIAN Americans better! As a capitalistic market and leader in commerce we should look to the Latin American emerging markets of Mexico (which will overtake Brazil), Argentina, Costa Rica, Chile, Panama, Peru, Colombia etc as the business opportunities they are. Too many lazy America think learning another language is bad, we should change the point of view.

While we should secure the border, end birthright citizenship, go after the employers that exploit workers, we need to FOCUS on the REAL issue, which is the bigger issue throughout American society. The freebies, handouts and welfare state that exploded the cost of living and made American lazy and refusing to work! Amazing how those liberal moves destroyed our society!

I now support a version of the Dream Act. If you were brought here before the age of 10, started and FINISHED college or go to the military and were honorably discharge, if you have no criminal records and pass both literacy, basic economics and general US history and constitution test, then you get amnesty.

What part of Mexico were you in? I spent a month in Guadalajara a couple years ago with some friends who have a house in a barrio there. Also I lived in Lima Peru for a few months once with a girlfriend that had a large house. If someone in her family loses their job or otherwise hits on hard times, they move in with her for awhile.
I agree, the family unit helps the poverty situation. If everybody lives together, everybody has their own way of bringing in money however they can. Transportations cheap compared to here also. Usually don't need car, insurance. Grandmother makes food at home for everybody, not having to scramble for fast food etc. We've become disunited from family, everybody wanting their own space and doing their own thing, living hundreds or thousand of miles away from other family members.

Believe it or not their last Presidente (Caldron) has done wonders for the country. I know the liberal media stays just on the drug violence aspect, but they have the FASTEST growing middle class in the world. They have a negative migration to the US primarily because of their growing economy. Their unemployment is low and their GDP is high. There is much to admire in Mexico now-a-days. Heck there is much to admire in many Latin American countries (Chile, Colombia, Peru, Costa Rica, Brazil).

What part of Mexico were you in? I spent a month in Guadalajara a couple years ago with some friends who have a house in a barrio there. Also I lived in Lima Peru for a few months once with a girlfriend that had a large house. If someone in her family loses their job or otherwise hits on hard times, they move in with her for awhile.
I agree, the family unit helps the poverty situation. If everybody lives together, everybody has their own way of bringing in money however they can. Transportations cheap compared to here also. Usually don't need car, insurance. Grandmother makes food at home for everybody, not having to scramble for fast food etc. We've become disunited from family, everybody wanting their own space and doing their own thing, living hundreds or thousand of miles away from other family members.
Puerto Vallarta

Believe it or not their last Presidente (Caldron) has done wonders for the country. I know the liberal media stays just on the drug violence aspect, but they have the FASTEST growing middle class in the world. They have a negative migration to the US primarily because of their growing economy. Their unemployment is low and their GDP is high. There is much to admire in Mexico now-a-days. Heck there is much to admire in many Latin American countries (Chile, Colombia, Peru, Costa Rica, Brazil).

Of course they have a growing middle class. They have been exporting poverty for years. Their unemployed come here to be unemployed.

Americans have been relocating to Costa Rica for a long time. 15 years ago one of my clients had a relocation service helping Americans leave.

Do you work to be ignorant?

Compton is located in a Spanish land grant from 1784 named Rancho San Pedro to Juan Jose Dominguez, a retired soldado de cuera for his years of service. It included over 75,000 acres. As usually happened, when the USA took over control of California from Mexico, many of the land grants were invalidated and the land was sold to Gringos.

In 1867, a guy named Compton led 30 Gringos from Stockton - where they had failed at finding riches in the gold fields, and settled on the land - robbing what had originally belonged to the Dominguez family. And, by the late 1880s, they screwed the people who had originally lived there.

So, if "Mexicans" or other Hispanics are moving into Compton - they are only reclaiming what was theirs. :clap2:

Living in SoCal for 4 short years I know where he is coming from.

That said it is a fight at times to not be ignorant and bigoted and I grew up in an European immigrant neighborhood that eventually turned Hispanic.

Out here everyone is afraid. It is part of the Mexican culture of the streets. A healthy minority within that group terrorizes and it is there for all to see.

So it is ignorant and bigoted to tar all Mexicans with the feathers of the few...but when they reach high numbers here,, things change. We need education and less of a focus on how bad white people are. I am amazed at how many Mexicans are puzzled by me when I speak with them. Most white people here and Mexicans totally ignore each other...

I could go on....

If Mexico is such a great place to live and is so loving toward gringos why do they keep coming here? 12 million of them. Of course mexican women in bars love the white patrons. One guess.
I take is you have never lived in East L.A., Arizona, East Oakland, Little Mexico in Reno, etc. If you did, you are damn lucky to be alive.You don't know fear until you have lived in a neighborhood taken over by Mexcians, gangs and drugs. I have lived in Reno for 40 years and I have seen them spead like the plague. Neighborhood is safe anymore. I have moved 4 times and now I live in a gated community and stil do not feel safe as I would like to feel.

Last edited:
There Are 1.4 MILLION Gang Members In The United States
And More Pour Into The Country Every Single Day
January 20th, 2012
A vast army of heavily armed criminals has embedded itself in every major city in the United States. In fact, nearly every community in America is now affected by these thugs. Drugs, theft and brutal violence are all part of the every day lifestyle of the members of this army. They aggressively recruit our young people and floods of illegal immigrants are joining their ranks. Once civil unrest erupts in America, they will go on a crime spree that will be absolutely unprecedented and they will burn large areas of some U.S. cities to the ground. So who am I talking about? I am talking about the rapidly growing gangs that are terrorizing cities all over the nation. The FBI tells us that there are now 1.4 million gang members involved in the 33,000 different gangs that are active inside the United States. The number of gang members in the U.S. has increased by 40 percent since 2009. Just think about that. That is absolutely astounding. Just since 2009, the number of gang members has increased by 40 percent. The FBI says that 48 percent of all violent crime in this country can be directly traced to gangs and that this is a national crisis that is progressively getting worse. Unfortunately, the federal government refuses to secure our borders and is allowing new waves of illegal immigrants to enter the United States every single day. A substantial number of those illegal immigrants end up involved in these gangs. Yet the federal government just stands by and allows it to keep happening. One day, the foolishness of this policy will be evident to all.

In many areas of America today, families live behind windows that have bars on them and they won’t ever go out at night because it is just too dangerous. There are some communities that have pretty much been entirely taken over by the gangs, but instead of addressing the problem the federal government continues to spend a massive amount of resources checking out what might be in our underwear at U.S. airports.
Meanwhile, criminal gangs are thriving. They are becoming incredibly powerful and increasingly sophisticated. The following is from an FBI press release

There Are 1.4 MILLION Gang Members In The United States And More Pour Into The Country Every Single Day
Every illegal immigrant family own at least one of these.

Of course they have a growing middle class. They have been exporting poverty for years. Their unemployed come here to be unemployed.

Americans have been relocating to Costa Rica for a long time. 15 years ago one of my clients had a relocation service helping Americans leave.

You been there lately? They still have their fair share of poor people!

If Mexico is such a great place to live and is so loving toward gringos why do they keep coming here? 12 million of them. Of course mexican women in bars love the white patrons. One guess.
It was more than the women I met in bars or other places. And you do realize they're at the negative migration rate - more are leaving then coming. You do also realize many of the 11-12 mil are students staying past their visa or not Mexicans.

I take is you have never lived in East L.A., Arizona, East Oakland, Little Mexico in Reno, etc. If you did, you are damn lucky to be alive.You don't know fear until you have lived in a neighborhood taken over by Mexcians, gangs and drugs. I have lived in Reno for 40 years and I have seen them spead like the plague. Neighborhood is safe anymore. I have moved 4 times and now I live in a gated community and stil do not feel safe as I would like to feel.
I went to the University of Arizona in Tucson, so I witnessed it for 4 years. Theft was bad. In Chicago we have our fair share of Latinos also. I have seen it first hand!

Forum List

Back