Changing the meaning of 9/11?

Desecrate?!

Oh bite me.

A national day of service would be an homage to the memory of that day

Only a fucking neo-con could pervert a noble idea like this by thinking it desecrates the memory of that day.

Desecrate?!

Oh bite me.

Only a fucking neo-con could pervert a noble idea like this by thinking it desecrates the memory of that day.

How is it homage unless you are serving the victims of 911 or survivors?

Desecrate?!

Oh bite me.

I never said "desecrate", and I agree that's a bad choice of words.

Desecrate?!

Oh bite me.

And yet the article you chose to post used exactly that ignorant word.

If Bush had done it, you'd be saying "what a great idea".

You nutters are seriously pathetic.

Desecrate?!

Oh bite me.

Yes... calling for work to be done for 'the state' is a great way to remember those who senselessly lost their lives in the name of terrorism :rolleyes:

And Jill.. If Bush would have proposed something like this.. I would have been against it too.. a bad idea is a bad idea

Yes... calling for work to be done for 'the state' is a great way to remember those who senselessly lost their lives in the name of terrorism :rolleyes:

And Jill.. If Bush would have proposed something like this.. I would have been against it too.. a bad idea is a bad idea

9/11 is remembered just fine. A lot of people got murdered by terrorists where I live... should it be a greater source of our national identity than Timothy McVeigh's attack on the Federal building in Oklahoma? Should Israel commemorate every terrorist attack on its soil?

9/11 was a horrible thing. Probably the worst day of my life to date... (knock wood) but it shouldn't define us. And there's nothing wrong with remembering what they attacked...which was country. I think there's a warped sensibility around 9/11.

Desecrate?!

Oh bite me.

Well, that's the link that was used in the article I read, and the left isn't talking about this very much.

I thought Bush was an asshole too, especially in his last couple years, would you people fuckoff with that shit every time some doesn't agree with your messiah!

9/11 is remembered just fine. A lot of people got murdered by terrorists where I live... should it be a greater source of our national identity than Timothy McVeigh's attack on the Federal building in Oklahoma? Should Israel commemorate every terrorist attack on its soil?

9/11 was a horrible thing. Probably the worst day of my life to date... (knock wood) but it shouldn't define us. And there's nothing wrong with remembering what they attacked...which was country. I think there's a warped sensibility around 9/11.

So we should also change the meaning of Pearl Harbor?

It does not 'define us', just as neither VE Day nor Labor Day define us... but to use it as some ploy for some statist 'national day of service' is bullshit

Well, that's the link that was used in the article I read, and the left isn't talking about this very much.

I thought Bush was an asshole too, especially in his last couple years, would you people fuckoff with that shit every time some doesn't agree with your messiah!

use overinflated rhetoric, that's the response you get. *shrug*

btw, you don't know anything about what i think of the current occupant of the white house. so piss off with that "messiah" garbage. m'kay?

Last edited:
It does not 'define us', just as neither VE Day nor Labor Day define us... but to use it as some ploy for some statist 'national day of service' is bullshit

those days don't celebrate victimhood....

like i said, i have a real problem with wallowing in it. nothing wrong with giving something back if you think your country was what was attacked.

Last edited:

btw, you don't know anything about what i think of the current occupant of the white house. so piss off with that "messiah" garbage. m'kay?

All I know is what you post, and you jump to his defense pretty much every time. *shrug*

Memorial Day
Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.

both being days of remembrance and 1 celebrating a definite victim of a horrible act... neither of which define us as a nation either... and neither of which I would suggest using for some political agenda

Hey... use Arbor Day in a call to ask people to plant trees.. that makes sense.. using a day like 9/11 for some statist call to service is just absolute bullshit

This is nothing more than another one of those politically correct feel good ideas that some idiolog came up with. Why aren't people doing things 365 days of the year to help "mankind"? 911 should be a day to remember and reflect upon that tragic event and the lives that were lost when the terrorists attacked. Why haven't we heard things like this as ideas for Pearl Harbor Day or any other national tragic event in history? It's nothing more than an attempt to push the attack into the back of people's minds to draw them away from what actually happened that day - America being attacked by terrorists and the attempt to make that event less than what it really was.

All I know is what you post, and you jump to his defense pretty much every time. *shrug*

no.. i criticize overinflated rhetoric and hysterical language. the same people have posted trash since november 4th...and before that. the misinformation and disinformation is mostly boring.

Mostly, I have no reason to criticize Obama to people who have no interest in discussion. Frankly, if anything, I think it's time for him to stop being so genteel and tell the loony toons where they can go.

There are certainly things that are imperfect about him... (I wanted Hillary to be pres) but the alternative was too awful to contemplate.

Memorial Day
Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.

both being days of remembrance and 1 celebrating a definite victim of a horrible act... neither of which define us as a nation either... and neither of which I would suggest using for some political agenda

Hey... use Arbor Day in a call to ask people to plant trees.. that makes sense.. using a day like 9/11 for some statist call to service is just absolute bullshit

memorial day doesn't celebrate victimhood. it celebrates heroism. there's a difference.

martin luther king, jr? we celebrate his birth... not his assassination.

it's a particular bugaboo for me.

and it's not that i think it's a great idea... it's that i don't see it as any big deal. and if you recall, the o/p claimed it "desecrated" 9/11. i just think that's silly.

i do like your arbor day idea, though. ;)

Forum List

Back