Changed my eating habbits. Two months later..

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Nearly two months ago I decided I was tired of being controlled by food. I decided to stop eating so damn much.

Here's my during-the-week menu:

~5:30 BFast - two packets of instant Oat Meal: 220 Calories
~9:00 Nature Valley Chewy Trail Mix Bar (fruit and Nut): 140 Calories
~11-11:30 Flour Tortilla Wrap: Generally I'll prepare one large Tomato/Basil or Jalepeno flour Tortilla with a tablespoon of bbq sauce, ham, colby cheese, lettuce and red-onion when i'm feeling saucy: No idea? 500? Calories?
~2:00 Nature Valley Chewy Trail Mix Bar (fruit and Nut): 140 Calories
~5:00 Dinner: One plate's worth. One serving of the main course, one of salad and veggies. Figure, fewer than 500 calories.

Rarely will I snack after dinner. If I do it's no more than 150 calories, but usually a couple dill pickles and a gulp or three of pickle-juice (Please, No hom jokes abuot me liking Man-pickle-juice :p) will do the trick.

As much water as I can stomach - augmented by Diet Coke.

The results after about 7? weeks...

Start: 239lbs
As of this morning in my OldNavy boxer-Briefs, socks, and a USMB T-Shirt: 224.5lbs.

Exercise level: Sedentary.

It's not a diet...it's a new way of eating.

The first few weeks I'd literally go in FITS wanting to eat after dinner. I'd shake and frustrate and become irritable.

Now, if I have, say, TWO of those wraps in one sitting I'll feel full enough to wanna :puke3:

I'm impressed. I seem to remember you a few months ago making fun of people who ate healthily, and now you've joined them.

Here's a suggestion that's worked for many of my patients--try adding a piece of fruit to each one of your meals, eaten before you eat anything else. The fiber will fill you, and automatically reduce how much of other things you eat, while the vitamins will be good for you.

15 pounds in 7 weeks is right on the mark. You wouldn't want to lose any faster than that. Focus on making changes you can live with rather than trying to torture yourself temporarily. That'll prevent you from yo-yo-ing later.

Add some exercise? It's synergistic with your improved eating. You'll probably need to eat a bit more, and may even gain weight at first, but the new muscles will burn energy just sitting there and help you lose weight in the long run, and keep it off.

If you want a good, non-biased guide to healthy foods, google "HSPH" and "food pyramid," and you'll get the Harvard School of Public Health's suggested food pyramid, which differs pretty radically from the US Gov't's, which is too strongly influenced by dairy, egg, and meat lobbyists.

Good luck,

Mariner.

Mariner said:
I'm impressed. I seem to remember you a few months ago making fun of people who ate healthily, and now you've joined them.

Never happened, not seriously.

Can't eat fresh fruit - alergic :(

Can't exercise much yet - found nothing I'm physically able to do. :(

Thanks for the input though! :D

dmp said:
Never happened, not seriously.

Can't eat fresh fruit - alergic :(

Thanks for the input though! :D

eat cherries and mellons and have sex

If you want a good, non-biased guide to healthy foods, google "HSPH" and "food pyramid," and you'll get the Harvard School of Public Health's suggested food pyramid, which differs pretty radically from the US Gov't's, which is too strongly influenced by dairy, egg, and meat lobbyists.

Good luck,

Mariner.[/QUOTE]

Influenced by meat and dairy lobbyists?!?!?!?!?!?

I daresay to even suggest such a thing proves you are an atheist communist anarchist.

Or worse, a liberal.

Or the final and most deadly insult. A Democrat.

Get with the program. Don't you know the government always tells the truth!

One thing I should add - my weekend diet varies. I don't worry about 'what' so much as 'quantity'. I drink a little bit, eat a little bit and just live with it. My desire wasn't to go on a diet, but cause a pendelum swing in the way I eat. Most of my life food was a source of comfort or a hobby. I'm working on changing into a person who eats to live, not lives to eat.

:)

This sounds like a Christian diet I have heard of. It's called the Weigh Down Diet.

Yay Darin!
:thewave:

dmp said:

Try using the stairs whenever possible for an easy exercise until you start working out for real.

Going up and down just 2 flights several times a day will make a difference, and it's quicker than the elevator.

Trigg said:
Try using the stairs whenever possible for an easy exercise until you start working out for real.

Going up and down just 2 flights several times a day will make a difference, and it's quicker than the elevator.

Thanks! Actually, I have been doing that - but only recently as prior I never had the need to go anywhere but to my office (6 stairs up from the ground) or upstairs to bed (16 stairs from the livingroom).

:thup:

Walking around downtown taking pictures is another good form of exercise. It's more fun than climbing stairs too!

attachment.php

Good job man. I need to eat better. I have the exercise. But I think im alittle OCD when it comes to eating so its freaking annoying trying to change things.

Forum List

Back