"Certifying" New Agencies.

Lets see who should be running the Ministry of Truth.....or better yet the Ministry of Propaganda.

How about Alan Grayson,he would be perfect.. ( He's also free...didn't get re elected)
How about Arlen Specter,He also isn't doing anything.
How about Chris Dodd.You know one of the guys responsible for our situation right now with the economy.

Lets see who should be running the Ministry of Truth.....or better yet the Ministry of Propaganda.

student-hand-raised_%7Evl0013b066.jpg

How about Alan Grayson,he would be perfect.. ( He's also free...didn't get re elected)
How about Chris Dodd.You know one of the guys responsible for our situation right now with the economy.

Basically..this is not about creating a ministry.

Seriously..we've had "freed speech zones". You have to get a permit to "assemble" in any city. This doesn't even go that far. I'm not talking about restricting anything.

I just think it would be nice if there were a method of verifying stories..without having to go to several sources first.

And..a mechanism to keep those organizations that want to be taken seriously as news, to do just that..and not always go for the sensational.

Seriously..we've had "freed speech zones". You have to get a permit to "assemble" in any city. This doesn't even go that far. I'm not talking about restricting anything.

I just think it would be nice if there were a method of verifying stories..without having to go to several sources first.

And..a mechanism to keep those organizations that want to be taken seriously as news, to do just that..and not always go for the sensational.
i prefer to use the multiple sources way

And sometimes that doesn't even work. Shirley Sherrod was let go on the weight of reports from several news organizations.

And sometimes that doesn't even work. Shirley Sherrod was let go on the weight of reports from several news organizations.
Sherrod was fired because a stupid manager jumped the gun
and that manager took the report the wrong way to begin with
it wasnt intended to show Ms Sherrod as being racist, but the NAACP as a whole contained racists

Sherrod was fired because a stupid manager jumped the gun
and that manager took the report the wrong way to begin with
it wasnt intended to show Ms Sherrod as being racist, but the NAACP as a whole contained racists

There's no real argument there..

The newsies basically got it wrong. While not on the same level..this sort of harkens back to the days of Yellow dog journalism..which reported that the Germans were "Huns" skewering babies with their bayonets. We sort of know how that turned out.

My idea is not have government pick and choose news organizations. It is however, meant to assure that the quality of news stories is vetted. It might not even have much of an effect. Just recently, against much of the restaurant industry's desire, calories were posted for various foods. Hasn't had much of an effect.

This would probably be very controversial..but what the heck.

The Idea is to grant certification to News Organizations. This would probably be done by a panel of politicians/media industry personal and academics. There would be 2 types of certifications.

Accurate and unbiased - Refers to organizations that report news in an unbiased and accurate manner.

Accurate - Refers to organizations that report news in an accurate manner.

All certified news organizations would either have perference or solo access to press conferences and the like.

One could lose certification by publishing false stories without retraction within 72 hours.

This of course would in no way keep anyone from broadcasting "News". It would just insure accuracy.
Whose idea?
:eusa_eh:

The Idea is to grant certification to News Organizations. This would probably be done by a panel of politicians/media industry personal and academics. There would be 2 types of certifications.

Accurate and unbiased - Refers to organizations that report news in an unbiased and accurate manner.

All certified news organizations would either have perference or solo access to press conferences and the like.

One could lose certification by publishing false stories without retraction within 72 hours.

This of course would in no way keep anyone from broadcasting "News". It would just insure accuracy.
Whose idea?

Something that I've sort of been floating around for a while. It's nothing more then that.

Whose idea?

Something that I've sort of been floating around for a while. It's nothing more then that.
:cool:

Great more idiots who want to trust the fucking government to tell them what and what not to watch, read or listen to.

Here's a tip: you should want to read watch and listen to what the government tells you not to.

Great more idiots who want to trust the fucking government to tell them what and what not to watch, read or listen to.

Here's a tip: you should want to read watch and listen to what the government tells you not to.

Well not exactly..

I was thinking more a public/private committee of some sort.

And it wouldn't restrict anything.

It would be less intrusive then "Health Inspectors".

Forum List

Back