CEO Compensation Increased 940% Between 1978 and 2018, Workers’ Only by 12%

They're including capital gains, stock dividends as well as income and bonuses and tax loopholes I'm sure.

So what? It's their job and their negotiated income based on performance. They wouldn't have the job or the pay without performance. The board of directors would fire them in a second. And boards do that on a regular basis.

CEOs need to be replaced by worker co-ops.

The operative word in your statement is "need". According to who's opinion? And how will you replace the private company's infrastructure without violence/theft/destruction? And who's going to replace the businessman at the top? Some drooling imbecile factory worker who made it to the top floor with a rifle first? How many times in history has a violent mob stolen private property/means of production and made it more productive?

I know. A history book scared you when you were little.
Not based on performance.

An Economic Policy Institute study shows that the dramatic increase in CEO compensation has a large impact on increasing inequality--worker pay could have doubled without the rise in CEO income.
CEO Compensation Increased 940% Between 1978 and 2018, Workers' Only by 12%

But, greed is good isn't it ?

Pretty funny that workers wages stopped rising not long after we changed immigration laws to allow massive Third WOrld immigration.

But hey, let's not try changing the things that cause "inequality". That misses the point.

The point is just to talk about it. And make vague anti-American posts.

They stopped rising after we cut the bottom out from unions.

Workers who can’t organize are left on their own. Easy prey to corporate masters

Your wetbacks went to work under the table for a shitload less...Wetbacks ruined unions. See how this shit works...How can you have all the pet humans your heart desires and climbing wages?

An Economic Policy Institute study shows that the dramatic increase in CEO compensation has a large impact on increasing inequality--worker pay could have doubled without the rise in CEO income.

You wanted 100 million beaners here...didn’t you?
Wetbacks can’t fight for CEO positions.
WTF...did you Loons think would happen to “worker wages”?

Business wanted illegals here. The same business screwing over those working legally.

You wanted 100 million beaners here...didn’t you?
Wetbacks can’t fight for CEO positions.
WTF...did you Loons think would happen to “worker wages”?

All the immigrant hate is pretty new with you righties. Who are you kidding?

In 1965, the average CEO to average worker pay was 16 to 1. By 1989, it had reached 45 to 1. However, 20 years later by 2018, it reached 278 to 1.

Only morons believe the average CEO makes that much.

There you are, Angelo.

They're including capital gains, stock dividends as well as income and bonuses and tax loopholes I'm sure.

They're full of shit, I'm sure.

How much does the average worker make?

In 1965, the average CEO to average worker pay was 16 to 1. By 1989, it had reached 45 to 1. However, 20 years later by 2018, it reached 278 to 1.

Only morons believe the average CEO makes that much.

There you are, Angelo.

They're full of shit, I'm sure.

How much does the average worker make?

Cause CEOs make so little.
Top 10 Highest Paid Executives for 2018

Cool. Everyone should work hard to become a CEO.
Hard work doesn't make you a ceo. Unless you were born rich, you aren't in the running.
Bill Gates and Steve Jobs were born rich?

Sam Walton was worth billions when he was born...….
Sam Walton is long dead.

His children were all worth billions when they were born...……..LOL!

Savage capitalism at its best. Europe got it right, they have a huge middle class and no crazy salary differences between top and bottom. No one deserves millions of dollars while others in the same company cant live decently with their salary.

Is this another one of those “wetbacks fucked me out of a higher wage” kind of threads posted by a user who will soon start a thread telling us that Americans need more wetbacks?

Won't matter if our trading partners continue to fuck US, and the labor market is constantly flooded with cheap third world labor.
The economy is in for a big change soon anyway.
The coming rising price and diminishing availability of oil are going to radically change our lives.

I've been hearing that same refrain since the 70s.

Mad Max was released in 1979, set in a world, "a few years from now",

mad-max-road-warrior-truck-600x241.jpg

Forum List

Back