Centrist Dem Leader: Has Committee Votes To Block Health Bill

You have the right to your opinion, and so do I... I believe Kennedy is being honest, you believe he isn't and that YOU know his intentions...

when a group of like minded people go against one of their own,on an issue that all of them USUALLY agree on.....and the one that suddenly decides this is no longer an issue BECAUSE it involves my families property,kinda makes JR. look like a hypocrite.....if it DID NOT involve his property i can guarantee you he would be telling those who dont want these things off shore of their property....TOUGH SHIT...Kennedy being honest about this?...yes he is....he does want those windmills offshore of his families property....and his fellow Enviromentalist have now seen his true colors.....the man has just lost a lot of his credability....but then just about every male Kennedy has....so im not suprised,and im sure anyone outside of his kingdom is not also....

Well Harry, like I said you have a right to your opinion, but your guarantees and your bluster are meaningless...

Did you ever consider that RFK Jr KNOWS Cape Cod, the local economy and issues that effect the Cape BETTER than outsiders? He is all FOR the wind turbines a few miles farther out, but placing them on Horseshoe Shoal could have an over $1 billion impact on the local fishing industry and the tourist economy. (from YOUR article)

I really don't understand the right wing hatred for the Kennedys... they have always worked FOR the little guy and the average citizen. They have never been for sale to any corporate interest...

My guess is that right wingers are drowning victims... I learned years ago when I got my Red Cross lifesaving card, that the reason you always place an inanimate object between you and a drowning victim...a drowning victim only see you as land...something to push down so he or she can breath...

You can't really believe in what your typing. :lol: Harry has this correct, and you seem to be all for the elitists on this issue. Jr. has a problem looking out his kitchen window and seeing windmills. That is the issue, like what Harry stated. Sure he would be all for the windmills to be a few miles away....just far enough where he can't see them. Screw the economy down south. I didn't think you were this naive, and I don't think you are, you just seem to have no problem with whatever dems shove at you.
The Kennedy's money roots have been tainted from Joe Sr. Read up on your history if you want to bash people who have issues with the kennedy's. If Ted's last name was a Stevens, Pisani, Anderson, or any other name than Kennedy, he would have been in prison, and no political career. You fail to admit that they have been above the law.

when a group of like minded people go against one of their own,on an issue that all of them USUALLY agree on.....and the one that suddenly decides this is no longer an issue BECAUSE it involves my families property,kinda makes JR. look like a hypocrite.....if it DID NOT involve his property i can guarantee you he would be telling those who dont want these things off shore of their property....TOUGH SHIT...Kennedy being honest about this?...yes he is....he does want those windmills offshore of his families property....and his fellow Enviromentalist have now seen his true colors.....the man has just lost a lot of his credability....but then just about every male Kennedy has....so im not suprised,and im sure anyone outside of his kingdom is not also....

Well Harry, like I said you have a right to your opinion, but your guarantees and your bluster are meaningless...

Did you ever consider that RFK Jr KNOWS Cape Cod, the local economy and issues that effect the Cape BETTER than outsiders? He is all FOR the wind turbines a few miles farther out, but placing them on Horseshoe Shoal could have an over $1 billion impact on the local fishing industry and the tourist economy. (from YOUR article)

I really don't understand the right wing hatred for the Kennedys... they have always worked FOR the little guy and the average citizen. They have never been for sale to any corporate interest...

My guess is that right wingers are drowning victims... I learned years ago when I got my Red Cross lifesaving card, that the reason you always place an inanimate object between you and a drowning victim...a drowning victim only see you as land...something to push down so he or she can breath...

You can't really believe in what your typing. :lol: Harry has this correct, and you seem to be all for the elitists on this issue. Jr. has a problem looking out his kitchen window and seeing windmills. That is the issue, like what Harry stated. Sure he would be all for the windmills to be a few miles away....just far enough where he can't see them. Screw the economy down south. I didn't think you were this naive, and I don't think you are, you just seem to have no problem with whatever dems shove at you.
The Kennedy's money roots have been tainted from Joe Sr. Read up on your history if you want to bash people who have issues with the kennedy's. If Ted's last name was a Stevens, Pisani, Anderson, or any other name than Kennedy, he would have been in prison, and no political career. You fail to admit that they have been above the law.

Ironic...you right wing pea brains worship and fawn over "entrepreneurs" and captains of industry that F-CK you every day... who do you pea brains call out...union workers and hard working Americans that are swindled and you blame THEM, not the swindlers... they're just "doin' business...

I suggest you look up old man Kennedy. You'll find he made his money through legitimate means. The bootleg allegations have never been proven. But even if he did any bootlegging during prohibition, it was not the source of his wealth.

But what really matters is what did the old man do with his wealth...he raised a big family where education and public service were absolute requirements.

At the dinner table, each child was required to talk about a current or historical event they had researched. There was no such thing as a slacker or a lazy Kennedy. Entitlement was NOT part of being a Kennedy.

I will tell you the same thing I told Harry, you have the right to your opinion, but don't try to sell me that you KNOW RFK Jr's intentions... he is not ALONE in his opposition to placing the turbines on Horseshoe Shoal...

You indictments are more a reflection of YOUR character, not of his or mine...

WASHINGTON -(Dow Jones)- U.S. Rep. Mike Ross, D-Ark., a leader of fiscally conservative House Democrats, said Wednesday a House plan to overhaul the U.S. health-care system is losing support and will be stuck in committee without changes.

"Last time I checked, it takes seven Democrats to stop a bill in the Energy and Commerce Committee," Ross told reporters after a House vote. "We had seven against it last Friday; we have 10 today."

Three House committees are slated to begin considering the $1 trillion-plus bill this week, but the Energy and Commerce looms as the biggest challenge. That's because it counts among its 36 Democratic members seven members of the Blue Dog Coalition, a fiscally conservative bloc that is opposing the House Democrats' effort

:clap2:

the devil will be in the details. we will have a health care bill this year. what IT will look like is anybody's guess.

why are you against (if you are) a single payer plan? did you ever read up on my links to frontline series? do you know what you are talking about? and I will tell you health professionals from harvard who were clueless, but had degrees.

Ironic...you right wing pea brains worship and fawn over "entrepreneurs" and captains of industry that F-CK you every day... who do you pea brains call out...union workers and hard working Americans that are swindled and you blame THEM, not the swindlers... they're just "doin' business...

I suggest you look up old man Kennedy. You'll find he made his money through legitimate means. The bootleg allegations have never been proven. But even if he did any bootlegging during prohibition, it was not the source of his wealth.
But what really matters is what did the old man do with his wealth...he raised a big family where education and public service were absolute requirements.

At the dinner table, each child was required to talk about a current or historical event they had researched. There was no such thing as a slacker or a lazy Kennedy. Entitlement was NOT part of being a Kennedy.

I will tell you the same thing I told Harry, you have the right to your opinion, but don't try to sell me that you KNOW RFK Jr's intentions... he is not ALONE in his opposition to placing the turbines on Horseshoe Shoal...

Translation: Even if he did break federal laws, it's OK because he was a
Kennedy. :cuckoo:

Who is the wingnut fawn? Why it's bfrgn, the pea brain. You should have left well enough alone doofus. The only reason he didn't get busted was because he was a Kennedy, and was very influencial in the political circle.

Last edited:

Who is the wingnut fawn? Why it's bfrgn, the pea brain. You should have left well enough alone doofus. The only reason he didn't get busted was because he was a Kennedy, and was very influencial in the political circle.

some people just dont give a dam what a Kennedy or a Rockerfeller or their fellow Mega rich people do Meister....they always justify what these assholes do,no matter what they do.....if those Windmills were off someone elses property Kennedy would be leading the assult to get them installed....no matter what the other property owners say....and everyone knows this INCLUDING Bfgrn.....but he wont say anything because all those whose heads are in Prince Kennedy's ass,will look down on him and verbally attack him.....cant attack the "Royal Family" now can we....how can you go on day after day after saying something bad about King Teddy the Bloated and Family.....

That's not what I'm saying...the bootleg allegations have never been proven. But, unlike you pea brains, I'm not saying I KNOW he did or he didn't...If he did, he didn't get caught or payed off the right people...you can't PROVE he did and I can't prove he didn't...

Again, you spout what you FEEL, not what you know...

half those 50 million are either in transition to other jobs or recently unemployed
and many in the other half have access to it but they just choose not to get

I have access to a mall, doesn't mean I can afford to buy it. :eusa_eh:
when you can get it from your employer for about 20% of the cost(in your actual deduction) most should be able to afford
most employers that have healthcare, pay aprox 80% of the cost
thats why the COBRA coverage is too expensive for most to buy during the transistion between jobs

That's real good for business owners. You real smaht.

I have access to a mall, doesn't mean I can afford to buy it. :eusa_eh:
when you can get it from your employer for about 20% of the cost(in your actual deduction) most should be able to afford
most employers that have healthcare, pay aprox 80% of the cost
thats why the COBRA coverage is too expensive for most to buy during the transistion between jobs

That's real good for business owners. You real smaht.
why don't you sober up and try that again, this time in comprehensible English

I'm happy with my healthcare but I'm fortunate enough to have a decent job with benefits. I'm more concerned with helping those in need and eliminating waste.

You are in the vast majority. Over 85% are happy with their health care, and the number goes even higher when we poll those who have recently had serious procedures.

“…while the numbers clearly show that people are happier with their own health care than with the system as a whole, there is no dimension with which their happier than the quality of care they personally receive…a mere 15 percent complain about the quality of care they receive.”.(New England Journal of Medicine)
Health Beat: The Quality Question

And, of course, the 47 million figure of those uninsured is bogus, and is, in actuallity, closer to 15 million, 4.8 % of the population.

Which leads to the question as to why the Democrats are so hot to throw out a working system.

Not only are a vast majority happy with what they have, those who experience health systems in others countries come back to be reall really happy with what we have.

A Few facts. MOST of those un insured, are like I was between the age of 18-45, healthy, didnt need it, didnt want it. The few times I went to the doctor, I paid cash. They use the numbersx of uninsured to scare people.

If people paid cash for usual normal visits or visits for small things, they would save money in the long run and medical costs wouldnt be running so high. My doctors always gave me discounts cuz they knew I was a cash paying patient, and usually gave me free samples of drugs I needed,

COMPREHENSIVE insurance drives costs up. Insurance, for the most part, on almost anything, should just be for catosthropic situations, that is what insurance was originally about, so a single event wont destroy you financially.

The polititians know we dont have a cirisis, but they want us to believe it so they can gain more control over more more money and have more power. THEY are addicted to it.

Like others have said, you can get free care if you really need it.

You'll find he made his money through legitimate means.

That is if you think manipulating the stock market is legitimate.

If people paid cash for usual normal visits or visits for small things, they would save money in the long run and medical costs wouldnt be running so high. My doctors always gave me discounts cuz they knew I was a cash paying patient, and usually gave me free samples of drugs I needed,

COMPREHENSIVE insurance drives costs up. Insurance, for the most part, on almost anything, should just be for catosthropic situations, that is what insurance was originally about, so a single event wont destroy you financially.

The polititians know we dont have a cirisis, but they want us to believe it so they can gain more control over more more money and have more power. THEY are addicted to it.

Like others have said, you can get free care if you really need it.

I am agreement with you, especially with your comment on the effects of comprehensive insurance. I use to work managing our company health benefits plan. I can't tell you how many times I saw people running to the doctor at the first sign of the sniffles. Their attitude was, it isn't costing me anything. When I told them our premiums are rising because of their frequent use of the system, they still had the same attitude. But when the premiums started to skyrocket every year, and the company was forced to go to higher copays, of course the ones that abused the system, were the first to complain.

Most likely we are going to get some sort of healthcare reform. I think the first step should be having individuals more responsible for their health by forcing them to cover their primary doctor office visits by 100%. Of course, this would have to be critiqued to take in consideration the elderly and very poor. But once people start feeling the pinch of paying for basic health services, they might elect to start living a healthier lifestyle.

Last edited:
WASHINGTON -(Dow Jones)- U.S. Rep. Mike Ross, D-Ark., a leader of fiscally conservative House Democrats, said Wednesday a House plan to overhaul the U.S. health-care system is losing support and will be stuck in committee without changes.

"Last time I checked, it takes seven Democrats to stop a bill in the Energy and Commerce Committee," Ross told reporters after a House vote. "We had seven against it last Friday; we have 10 today."

Three House committees are slated to begin considering the $1 trillion-plus bill this week, but the Energy and Commerce looms as the biggest challenge. That's because it counts among its 36 Democratic members seven members of the Blue Dog Coalition, a fiscally conservative bloc that is opposing the House Democrats' effort

Centrists like Diane Feinstein?

Max Baucus (D-MT) chairs the Senate Finance Committee, which plays a huge role with health reform legislation. He has frequently dismissed the importance of a public option, saying, "There's an awful lot more here than the public option," [1] and, "We can achieve the objective [of health care reform] without it." [2] When his committee's draft plan came out, the Washington Post's Ezra Klein reported, "There's no public plan mentioned anywhere in the document." [3]

When asked on Fox News about the public option, Senator Evan Bayh (D-IN) replied, "I'm agnostic on that." [1] In another interview, he used right-wing talking points to stoke fears of "socialized medicine." [2]

Senator Kent Conrad (D-ND) is the architect of the "co-op" plan, a watered-down "alternative" for the public option. He explicitly used right-wing frames in promoting the measure, saying that "the co-op structure has some appeal because it's not government control." [1]

Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) said on CNN on June 21, “I don’t know that [Obama] has the votes right now." She said she was most concerned about the "cost" of a public option. [1]

While Senator John Kerry (D-MA) has said in public that he supports a public option, the Huffington Post reports that "In a closed-door meeting of Senate Finance Committee Democratic members and their staff Wednesday evening, Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) suggested that if the committee bill didn't have enough votes for a public option it include a ten-year delay between passage of health care reform and the implementation of a public option."[1]

Senator Mary Landrieu (D-LA) has said: "No, I'm not open to it. I'm not open to a public option. ... I will remain open to a compromise, a full compromise. Public option is not something that I support. I don't think it's the right way to go." [1]

Senator Joe Lieberman (I-CT) has made no bones about his opposition to the public option. Lieberman point blank told a Bloomberg News reporter: "I don't favor a public option, and I don't favor a public option because I think there's plenty of competition in the private insurance market."[1]

Senator Ben Nelson (D-NE) not only opposes the public option, but Congressional Quarterly reports that the "inclusion of a public plan in legislation [is] a 'deal-breaker' for him." The same article reports on his plotting to "assemble a coalition of like-minded centrists opposed to the creation of a public plan." [1]

You'll find he made his money through legitimate means.

That is if you think manipulating the stock market is legitimate.

It WAS when he did it...

Joseph P. Kennedy, father of President John F. Kennedy, made much of his fortune in the 1920s by insider trading before it was a crime. When the Securities and Exchange Commission was created in the early days of the New Deal (1933), President Franklin D. Roosevelt appointed Kennedy to the Commission on the theory that it took an insider to catch insiders.
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/insider+trading

Good.

Now hopefully there will be some form of honest debate and compromise on the bill.

Oh wait, this is Congress we are talking about. Scratch the honest part and hope for compromise.

Yeah. More like, we need to get ready for more in-fighting and finger-pointing.

Good times! :thup:

oh yea YOU KNOW the Kennedies.....why do they get away with doing things that you or i would not Bf?.....walking away from a drowning girl,rape and DUI's..and who knows what else....you wanna answer me that?....and hey your hero Ted he knows about drowning victims too,doesnt he?....you have your head so fucking far up their asses you cant even see what kind asses they are...

Good news Harry. I just got this email:

Wow!! Thanks to your calls and emails on Friday, Rep. Dennis Kucinich's amendment to let states adopt single-payer healthcare passed the House Education and Labor Committee by 25-19.
Of course the insurance industry will try to kill the Kucinich amendment during future votes, so we will watch carefully and keep you posted.

wait. what are the Lefties gonna do with no republicans to blame for this?

Republicans. Exhibit A: The Huffington Post's headline as of today:

untitled.jpg

Last edited:

untitled.jpg

Krystol should be shot on sight. He was the main liar about invading Iraq. I wish that punk ass bitch would try his luck in my neighborhood.

<deleted pic to save space>

Krystol should be shot on sight. He was the main liar about invading Iraq. I wish that punk ass bitch would try his luck in my neighborhood.
uh, no, moron
if anyone lied, it was Tenet

We should be so lucky.

Forum List

Back