Census finds record gap between Rich and Poor

Obviously we have too many employed Government workers. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Way too many...and overpaid IMHO.

Like even a 40 hour week is too much to ask for. ;)

Administrative is a nice Pandora's Box too. ;)

Sure. And one that needs to be opened, and I say that as a taxpayer when the private sector is losing jobs...and to the many in the private sector that still have jobs that have to justify their existence on the payroll? I think the Taxpayer should demand the same of those that I contribute to their paychecks within Government.

;)

Bush was a tea bagger. He did everything within his power to bankrupt this nation, while giving the top 5% more wealth and power.

What is your position on Cuomo, the housing crisis, Fannie and Freddie, who are still screwing us over as we speak?????

What is your position on Value for Value? Are we just entitled????? Should there be a fair exchange????? If we are just entitled, who should we put into servitude to provide for our wants?????

My position is you're exaggerating and diverting blame. You're bitching about nickels and dimes, when anyone with a brain understands that chopping down the fire wall in investment banking and allowing them to create investment instruments, like CDS, was a primary cause of the current economy. If I were to pick a scapegoat, who I believe most responsible, it would be Phil Graham, the tea bag hero.

I'm surprised the pea brain didn't mention ACORN...:lol::lol::lol:

Right wingers on this board are deluded into thinking the rich are on their side.

What is your position on Cuomo, the housing crisis, Fannie and Freddie, who are still screwing us over as we speak?????

What is your position on Value for Value? Are we just entitled????? Should there be a fair exchange????? If we are just entitled, who should we put into servitude to provide for our wants?????

My position is you're exaggerating and diverting blame. You're bitching about nickels and dimes, when anyone with a brain understands that chopping down the fire wall in investment banking and allowing them to create investment instruments, like CDS, was a primary cause of the current economy. If I were to pick a scapegoat, who I believe most responsible, it would be Phil Graham, the tea bag hero.

I'm surprised the pea brain didn't mention ACORN...:lol::lol::lol:

Did I Mention ACORN????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Corruption is corruption where ever it is found. Take your argument, or lack of it for example. ;)

I'm exaggerating, Really????? How????? Nickels and dimes?????

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/24/nyregion/24hud.html

WTF does the fact that Cuomo was HUD chief under Clinton have to do with the financial meltdown that happened six years after he left?

How'd Bush's "ownership society" work out?

Last edited:
Right wingers on this board are deluded into thinking the rich are on their side.

I'm not. I just respect private Property. It's sort of a John Locke sort of thing. Rich or poor, you have the right to what is yours. You want to take without compensation? Show cause.

Envy, Jealousy, are not virtues. Do you use them to do harm????? Why not turn it around and use them to motivate????? Turn a negative into a positive. ;)

WTF does the fact that Cuomo was HUD chief under Clinton have to do with the financial meltdown that happened six years after he left?

How'd Bush's "ownership society" work out?

You obviously have not followed the story. Who started "No Money Down"? Who pressured the lenders? Who obstructed the investigations into unethical lending? Who profited from higher housing costs? Who profited from the higher property taxes that resulted? Why does Barney Frank all of a sudden want Fannie and Freddie shut down?

wave good bye to the middle class.

This is a glaring example of why the GOP/Reagan concepts of trickle down economics do not work. The idea that cutting taxes on the wealthy will result in more jobs and a rising tide for all Americans has been a farce.

In reality, the wealthy has kept the additional money and sent jobs overseas.

The standard of living for the middle class is disappearing and we continue to reward the wealthy for it

The union members and government workers would dispute that? It is because of the rich that there is enough capital to sustain a middle-class! It will soon all be worse, then you can feel successful. :cuckoo:

This is a glaring example of why the GOP/Reagan concepts of trickle down economics do not work. The idea that cutting taxes on the wealthy will result in more jobs and a rising tide for all Americans has been a farce.

The standard of living for the middle class is disappearing and we continue to reward the wealthy for it

The union members and government workers would dispute that? It is because of the rich that there is enough capital to sustain a middle-class! It will soon all be worse, then you can feel successful. :cuckoo:

Personally I believe the new middle class to be Government Workers, with union workers right behind.

Failed reply. It worked for 30 years. Even with all the hand out for votes from the democrats.

you have a point ala glass-steagell which I assume is what you are referring to, but he didn't do it by himself.

And Cuomo, Jamie Gorelick , Franklin Raines...all peas in a pod.

as far as the default swaps and MBS miasma, Glass and not to subtle messages from the gov. to loan to folks who here to fore had no shot at a home, all went into the mix which helped create the blow up.

Financiers and private industry folks are 5 times smarter than politicians when they sleep, if you thought for a minute they didn't see where this was going and that they were going to get caught holding the bag, I have a bridge to sell you. This is what comes of gov. getting into social engineering and legislating things they don't understand.

Even the useful idiot Bush questioned his own tax cuts for the rich, but he caved into his 'puppetmasters'

Paul O'Neill, George Bush's first Treasury Secretary
image592695g.jpg

Bush questioned second set of tax cuts for the rich - 60 Minutes - CBS News

The president had promised to cut taxes, and he did. Within six months of taking office, he pushed a trillion dollars worth of tax cuts through Congress. But O'Neill thought it should have been the end. After 9/11 and the war in Afghanistan, the budget deficit was growing. So at a meeting with the vice president after the mid-term elections in 2002, Suskind writes that O'Neill argued against a second round of tax cuts.

“Cheney, at this moment, shows his hand,” says Suskind. “He says, ‘You know, Paul, Reagan proved that deficits don't matter. We won the mid-term elections, this is our due.’ … O'Neill is speechless.”

”It was not just about not wanting the tax cut. It was about how to use the nation's resources to improve the condition of our society,” says O’Neill. “And I thought the weight of working on Social Security and fundamental tax reform was a lot more important than a tax reduction.”

“It's a huge meeting. You got Dick Cheney from the, you know, secure location on the video. The President is there,” says Suskind, who was given a nearly verbatim transcript by someone who attended the meeting.

He says everyone expected Mr. Bush to rubber stamp the plan under discussion: a big new tax cut. But, according to Suskind, the president was perhaps having second thoughts about cutting taxes again, and was uncharacteristically engaged.

“He asks, ‘Haven't we already given money to rich people? This second tax cut's gonna do it again,’” says Suskind.

“He says, ‘Didn’t we already, why are we doing it again?’ Now, his advisers, they say, ‘Well Mr. President, the upper class, they're the entrepreneurs. That's the standard response.’ And the president kind of goes, ‘OK.’ That's their response. And then, he comes back to it again. ‘Well, shouldn't we be giving money to the middle, won't people be able to say, ‘You did it once, and then you did it twice, and what was it good for?’"

But according to the transcript, White House political advisor Karl Rove jumped in.

“Karl Rove is saying to the president, a kind of mantra. ‘Stick to principle. Stick to principle.’ He says it over and over again,” says Suskind. “Don’t waver.”

In the end, the president didn't. And nine days after that meeting in which O'Neill made it clear he could not publicly support another tax cut, the vice president called and asked him to resign.

With the deficit now climbing towards $400 billion, O'Neill maintains he was in the right.

Bush was a tea bagger. He did everything within his power to bankrupt this nation, while giving the top 5% more wealth and power.

everyone got a tax cut, they created a 10% bracket to drag the bottom too..for god sakes....:rolleyes:

Yeah, nickels and dimes. If what you claim is correct, why did Bush push his "ownership society" initiative, and loosen the requirements on Freddie and Fannie. Nope, you need to think outside of your partisan box, and determine what Phil Graham's deregulation did. It essentially allowed investment banks into the mortgage industry, with zero oversight.

Personally I believe the new middle class to be Government Workers, with union workers right behind.

Government workers are nearly ALL UNION.

This is as good a place as any for this little rant:

People and especially the left absouletely refuse to see the effect that human nature and personal decisions shape society and how it progresses as a whole.

OTOH, those on the right fail to see how collective decisions shape society and progresses it as a whole. Did central water and sewage treatment advance society?

The gap between rich and poor is as good an example as ay. What are the variables that are contributing to this widening gap? Libs go about blaming everything under the sun for this problem EXCEPT for one thing.

An exaggeration and a strawman argument.

My attitudes and decisions didn't facilitate off shoring of traditional middle class jobs like software engineering. Right wing tax policy did.

Like it requires no effort on your part. Like you are ENTITLED to be middle class. First it indeed did take effort on the part of your parents to achieve middle class. I know it did mine.

More Limbaugh style bullshit. The converse is that only the well to do, and their children, are entitled to opportunities.

Second of all middle class now is not what middle class was then. Then you were middle class if you had ONE TV and it was in color. Now middle class is a TV in every room with satelite or cable.

All you need is a hook up under that bridge if you've lost your job, your family, your home because of the bad dice roll that's always crooked toward the most wealthy.

The bottom line is still the bottom line. The upper class will remove your opportunities, and buy a right wing government to enable them, if that's what they see as putting more money in their pockets. They'll get the middle class to shoulder the lions share of the tax burden, and right wingers will screech cut taxes and lower the deficit.

Only a fool believes there's a level playing field. The rich will grant just enough social safety nets to protect them from armed insurrection, and the middle class can go pound sand if they find they can make more money by having their customer service centers in India.

jesus Christ the rich were the middle class and the lower class..they just don't appear out of nowhere this is an upwardly mobile nation......

as far as the bolded area that I added; that always the lefts fallback, the system is broken and stacked against them..what a crock. there are so many examples that speak against that nonsense its literally beyond count, while you descend into hyperbole.

This is as good a place as any for this little rant:

People and especially the left absouletely refuse to see the effect that human nature and personal decisions shape society and how it progresses as a whole.

OTOH, those on the right fail to see how collective decisions shape society and progresses it as a whole. Did central water and sewage treatment advance society?

My attitudes and decisions didn't facilitate off shoring of traditional middle class jobs like software engineering. Right wing tax policy did.

More Limbaugh style bullshit. The converse is that only the well to do, and their children, are entitled to opportunities.

Second of all middle class now is not what middle class was then. Then you were middle class if you had ONE TV and it was in color. Now middle class is a TV in every room with satelite or cable.

All you need is a hook up under that bridge if you've lost your job, your family, your home because of the bad dice roll that's always crooked toward the most wealthy.

The bottom line is still the bottom line. The upper class will remove your opportunities, and buy a right wing government to enable them, if that's what they see as putting more money in their pockets. They'll get the middle class to shoulder the lions share of the tax burden, and right wingers will screech cut taxes and lower the deficit.

Only a fool believes there's a level playing field. The rich will grant just enough social safety nets to protect them from armed insurrection, and the middle class can go pound sand if they find they can make more money by having their customer service centers in India.

jesus Christ the rich were the middle class and the lower class..they just don't appear out of nowhere this is an upwardly mobile nation......

as far as the bolded area that I added; that always the lefts fallback, the system is broken and stacked against them..what a crock. there are so many examples that speak against that nonsense its literally beyond count, while you descend into hyperbole.

Hyperboyle? How many points is being a member of an underserved demographic worth at Harvard or Princeton? How many points is having a daddy, who's daddy got them into that school worth. If you think the playing field is level, you're delusional. If the playing field were level, Princeton, Harvard, and MIT would be 90% Asian.

Hyperboyle? How many points is being a member of an underserved demographic worth at Harvard or Princeton? How many points is having a daddy, who's daddy got them into that school worth. If you think the playing field is level, you're delusional. If the playing field were level, Princeton, Harvard, and MIT would be 90% Asian.

Racists!!! LOL

Racists!!! LOL

Moronic!!! LOL Just don't pretend that we're a meritocratic society.

Government workers are nearly ALL UNION.

I know that. ;) The most influential in the Country. That is part of the problem. Sort of reminds me of "We The Living".

Forum List

Back