CBS Poll:Americans not buying Liberal lie that conservative "rhetoric" caused shootin

why is it, when only far right, individuals (non elected officials) were blogging about muslims and the connection to the fort hood masacre, our president hit the airwaves saying we should not rush to judgement...

But when elected officials, congresspeople and senators and many memebers of the media rushed to judgement, he was silent?

a. He didn't hear about it.

B. It didn't bother him.

C. He agrees with them.
c

The Obama jumped right on the Gate/Police incident, he jumped right into the Fort Hood incident, but anyone NOTICE he didn't say a damn thing about the SMEAR going on in the media about this incident FOR FOUR DAYS.

Why, because he wanted it to go on, he could of called off the attack smeardogs from the very beginning, instead he comes out four day later and acts all indignant that they have been blaming the right, Republicans, Sarah Palin.

Then he calls FOR UNITY, what a joke, the damage has been done.

It's a smear if they blme the right wing rhetoric but they DON'T believe it.

If they believe it and say it, and it's not true, then they are in error.

Do I think that the guy went nuts because of the rhetoric?

No, of course not.

Do I suspect that the atmosphere of hateful rhetoric helped him choose his target?

Of course, I do. And I am guessing so do we all think that.

When a perp (even a crazy perp) sets out to kill a POL, that perp's motivations aren't exactly hard to intuit.

Now, who the hell is going to try to make the case that this perp's CHOICE of victims was NOT politically motivated?

Seriously boys...which of you wants to try to make THAT argument?

You argument would HAVE TO be the following:

The man was crazy.

He just happened to elect to shoot a politician (one that we know he was obsessed about) while she was giving a speech.

But his murder was NOT a politically movitivate act.

Now seriously boys...does that argument really make sense?

Well ya, EXCEPT this guy has a HISTORY with this Representative going back to 2007. He was upset with her because of her positions in 2007. Where was Palin in 2007? She sure as shit was NOT on the scene Nationally. Nor was there any right wing Vitriol going on in 2007.

It's a smear if they blme the right wing rhetoric but they DON'T believe it.

If they believe it and say it, and it's not true, then they are in error.

Do I think that the guy went nuts because of the rhetoric?

No, of course not.

Do I suspect that the atmosphere of hateful rhetoric helped him choose his target?

Of course, I do. And I am guessing so do we all think that.

When a perp (even a crazy perp) sets out to kill a POL, that perp's motivations aren't exactly hard to intuit.

Now, who the hell is going to try to make the case that this perp's CHOICE of victims was NOT politically motivated?

Seriously boys...which of you wants to try to make THAT argument?

You argument would HAVE TO be the following:

The man was crazy.

He just happened to elect to shoot a politician (one that we know he was obsessed about) while she was giving a speech.

But his murder was NOT a politically movitivate act.
Now seriously boys...does that argument really make sense?

Well ya, EXCEPT this guy has a HISTORY with this Representative going back to 2007. He was upset with her because of her positions in 2007. Where was Palin in 2007? She sure as shit was NOT on the scene Nationally. Nor was there any right wing Vitriol going on in 2007.

Truth does not matter to the Left

Left wing Vitriol has always been a part of them

It is not like they can win people over on their ideas which is why the Left must always lie about what they stand for and often need the courts to impose their way against the wishes of the American people.

Samurai,

I don't read your responses to me. So those I don't know how many posts you just made? Yea, way to go! *pats back*

I already saw this conversation through with a reasonable poster, and I'm not interested to re-hash it with a nutter hack spanks.

Oh boy! Another poll to tell us how to feel.

Frankly, no I don't think conservative rhetoric "caused" the shooting either. But that doesn't mean I have a good opinion of conservative rhetoric and the effects it has on our political climate.

COnservative rhetoric and progressive rhetoric is healthy and necessary....in my opinion.

Okay let me put it another way. The conservative rhetoric I was referring too is the unyeilding, uncompromising rabid trash that Limbaugh, Beck and Hannity dish out on a daily basis. It is not healthy and is detrimental.
The rhetoric can be healthy if it leads to discussion, debate and compromise. Short of that, even if it's coming from the left it's detrimental.

I love Beck's complete obliviousness to his own hate-spewing ways. Every time someone says he spews hate (which he does)...he says...no I don't. I'm full of hope. Let's do a 2-second google to disprove that...blah blah blah.

What he does...is say a WHOLE bunch of scary, hate-filled, insanely biased crap...then come after it and say "but im still hopeful in the fact that America can return to what it was..." Uhm, Glenn? That's hate spewing. No matter what you put after it. The people in your audience feed off the first part you say...then conveniently reject the second half of qualifications and disclaimers.

It's that kind of "who me? I'm not hateful" spin-doctoring that these types get away with. Olberman was the same way. Matthews doesn't really spew hate, but he's definitely biased. Maddow is the best and doesn't do this at all.

Sorry for the slight derail...but yeah hate media wins again.

Even a Liberal Media Outlet gets it. The Left/Democrats should be ashamed of themselves for using this awful tragedy for political gain. The People see this though. The Left/Democrats have only hurt themselves more in exploiting this tragedy. They haven't gained nearly as much as they think they have. The People wont forget what they did. Anyone with common sense knows this is just another despicable attempt by the Left/Democrats to shut down Talk Radio and any other Media Outlets that don't tow the Democratic Party-Line. Shame on them.

Poll: Most Americans Feel Rhetoric, Tucson Shooting Unrelated

Nearly six in 10 Americans say the country's heated political rhetoric is not to blame for the Tucson shooting rampage that left six dead and critically wounded U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, according to a CBS News poll.

In the wake of the shooting, much focus has been put on the harsh tone of politics in Washington and around the country, particularly after a contentious midterm election. Rhetoric and imagery from both Republicans and Democrats have included gun-related metaphors, but the majority of the country isn't connecting the shooting to politics.
The lone suspect in the attack, 22-year-old Jared Lee Loughner, had expressed in recent years a deep-seated distrust of the government and personal animosity toward Giffords, according to evidence collected by authorities, YouTube videos he made and accounts from former acquaintances.

poll_politicaltone.gif

Overall, 57 percent of respondents said the harsh political tone had nothing to do with the shooting, compared to 32 percent who felt it did. Republicans were more likely to feel the two were unrelated - 69 percent said rhetoric was not to blame; 19 percent said it played a part. Democrats were more split on the issue - 49 percent saw no connection; 42 percent said there was.

Read all here: Poll: Most Americans Feel Rhetoric, Tucson Shooting Unrelated - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

In other words, you disgusting liberal vultures who tried to profit from this horrible tragedy DID NOT SUCCEED!

It's a huge fail, and this shameless behavior will be remember by voters.

Thank you liberals for exposing, ONCE AGAIN, exactly who you are.

In trying to smear the Tea Party, the only thing you accomplishes was revealing yourselves.

Good job!

Michelle Malkin Palin’s church set to reopen after arson attack

"IT’S TIME TO PUT THE LABEL OF HATE WHERE IT BELONGS. ON THE LEFT WING PROGRESSIVE LIBERALS. IT’S THEIR HATE AND INTOLLERANCE THAT RESULTS IN THINGS LIKE THIS.

LET PEOPLE KNOW WHO REALLY HATES AND WHO PERFORMS ACTS OF VIOLENCE. IT’S THE ANTI-GOD, ANTI-AMERICAN, PRO-CHOICE AND PRO-GAY RADICALS THAT DO THESE TYPES OF THINGS. PUT THE LABEL OF HATE WHERE IT RIGHTLY BELONGS."

to the deranged and hypocritical conservative liberal hate speech CAN BE blamed for acts of violence but conservative hate speech can NOT.

you are an idiot of the first order.

It is making me sick that the Obama is going to USE these Peoples deaths TO COME out and LECTURE us AGAIN.

I see a Paul Wellstone funeral all over again.

and it makes ME sick to see you, palin, limbaugh, etc use these deaths to further incite hatred and intented violence...

so
stephanie

does this "blood libel" of the liberals make you SO ANGRY that you just want to.......
commit violence?

I'm sure it does...

Will the Left follow their "marching orders" ?

Papa Obama did not engage in the false blame of the Left in his speech last night, kudos to him.
Let us hope he continues this effort and ask the Left to stop their hate

For example:
it would be good to ask them to take down their hate sites

This page is still on Facebook and they have not taken it down.
(perhaps if she was Muslim they would have)

Thanks Sheriff Dupnik… Thanks state-run media…
According to a close aide –
Death threats against Sarah Palin reached an unprecedented level this week.

In recent days, word has spread among conservatives of a Facebook page titled “I hate it when I wake up and Sarah Palin is still alive.” The page features a drawing of Sarah Palin about to shoot herself in the head and several of the members have called for Sarah Palin’s assassination.

I hope the Left has learned a lesson from this speech and will stop trying to use such a terrible tragedy for political gain and generate hate

Many people died, including a child, since the majority of Americans DO NOT believe this tragedy was political, let us hope the radical Left can find some real issues to work on and stop the hate.

Sadly, many on the Left will still use this kind of hate

Let them take the words of Papa Obama from the speech to heart and follow them
"...we must guard against simple explanations in the aftermath. For the truth is that none of us can know exactly what triggered this vicious attack. None of us can know with any certainty what might have stopped those shots from being fired, or what thoughts lurked in the inner recesses of a violent man’s mind."​
Some on the LW will still CRUCIFY innocent people for it.

Forum List

Back