NJ Dem Proposes.....Bicycle Tax?

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Did the Greenies think they were going to save money by going green? Nope, they're just gonna' pay all the taxes that fossil fuel burners used to.

Haha! Jakes on them! :lol:

So they can't respond to your 911 calls, but they can track your stolen bicycle?

Bicycle owners would have to provide the bike's make, model, color, year of manufacture and weight when they register, as well as its serial number, address of the owner, date of purchase and amount of New Jersey sales tax paid.

People who falsify the registration would face fourth-degree charges, which in New Jersey can lead to up to 18 months in prison and a $10,000 fine.

At the AAAA Bike Shop in Ventnor, owner Mike Wiesen said he thought the registry was a great idea because it would help police track stolen bicycles.

"I firmly believe in it," said Wiesen, who said his company registers the serial numbers of each of the bikes he sells.

oha.
that´s funny.

our green party, which is rising at moment, here just announced that they will enforce a rich tax of 1,5% each year on capital for the next 10 years.

other countries, other conventions. But somehow funny.

Bicyclists may have to get in line at the local Motor Vehicle Commission office, if a proposed bill becomes law.

The bill would require people to register their bicycles with the MVC or pay a fine of up to $100. Children younger than 15 could rely on their parents or guardians to register the bike for them.

If politician has her way, New Jersey bicyclists may have to pay to register bikes or face fines - pressofAtlanticCity.com: New Jersey News

Speechless...

What do you expect from the type of people want to tax when we Breathe Out?

Bicyclists may have to get in line at the local Motor Vehicle Commission office, if a proposed bill becomes law.

The bill would require people to register their bicycles with the MVC or pay a fine of up to $100. Children younger than 15 could rely on their parents or guardians to register the bike for them.

If politician has her way, New Jersey bicyclists may have to pay to register bikes or face fines - pressofAtlanticCity.com: New Jersey News

Speechless...

it's interesting that the D next to her name wasn't even mentioned until the end of the article. it certainly wasn't the lead.

can't you discuss ideas other than doing that?

if you didn't, i might say i thought the idea was goofy...

or i might not.

wouldn't it be more interesting to find out and have a real discussion than do the usual hack dance of no you aren't, yes you are...

Speechless...

it's interesting that the D next to her name wasn't even mentioned until the end of the article. it certainly wasn't the lead.

or i might not.

wouldn't it be more interesting to find out and have a real discussion than do the usual hack dance of no you aren't, yes you are...

I think what's getting missed here is that Jersey is looking for ways to raise revenue. What they really should be doing, according to conservatives, is cutting expenses. They already have New York paying for their access to the city via tunnels, bridges and trains..maybe they should hit New York up for their snazzy homes, snow removal and garbage collection.

Speechless...

The whole reason that the government can require fees as well as regulate features in vehicles is that they use public roads, and thus if you want to use said roads, you have to follow said regulations.

Going by this reason, what is the real difference between bikes and cars? Both are vehicles, and both when used to commute/travel use public roads. By logic the state can require certain features on the bikes, just as the cars, and can require thier registration/inspection to assure that the rules are followed.

I would, howver, say having to register bikes used by kids, or bikes for recreation, such as in parks, or on non roadways is pretty stupid.

or i might not.

I think what's getting missed here is that Jersey is looking for ways to raise revenue. What they really should be doing, according to conservatives, is cutting expenses. They already have New York paying for their access to the city via tunnels, bridges and trains..maybe they should hit New York up for their snazzy homes, snow removal and garbage collection.

Oh, it's not "getting missed." What's being said is, if you want us to return your stolen bikes, pay up.

Bike riders are a pretty easy mark for a cynical tax grab like this.

Bastards.

So they can't respond to your 911 calls, but they can track your stolen bicycle?

Bicycle owners would have to provide the bike's make, model, color, year of manufacture and weight when they register, as well as its serial number, address of the owner, date of purchase and amount of New Jersey sales tax paid.

People who falsify the registration would face fourth-degree charges, which in New Jersey can lead to up to 18 months in prison and a $10,000 fine.

At the AAAA Bike Shop in Ventnor, owner Mike Wiesen said he thought the registry was a great idea because it would help police track stolen bicycles.

"I firmly believe in it," said Wiesen, who said his company registers the serial numbers of each of the bikes he sells.

Did anyone ask him how many stolen bikes are recovered based on serial numbers? As far as I know the police never found mine, even though I was a very conscientious 10 year old and recorded the serial number. If they did, thye probably gave it to their kids instead of trying to find me.

There goes the kid's college fund...and who's going to change his diapers while he's in jail?

Soon they will tax your pulse rate. anything over 100/min will be taxed at a rate of 25% of you standard 80/min norm. get ready for it. and soon there will be a sidewalk tax, you will be mandated to purchas a pedometer and will pay tax on anything that registers more than 5,0000 steps.

Soon they will tax your pulse rate. anything over 100/min will be taxed at a rate of 25% of you standard 80/min norm. get ready for it. and soon there will be a sidewalk tax, you will be mandated to purchas a pedometer and will pay tax on anything that registers more than 5,0000 steps.

And these taxes still will not delay the projected collapse of New Jersey's pension fund 10 years from now. But New Jerseyan's can take some solace in that Illinois is going first!

It's about god damned time! I'm sick of being the only one who gets nailed at the pump to fill up my truck. Those hippy bike riding fools should pay up to use our public infrastructure. Municipalities are paying millions of dollars to install bike lanes all over the place so these IDIOTS don't get run over while riding back stoned from their drum circle. Tax those 2-wheel menaces at 30% and send a check to me.

or i might not.

You make this statement without a shred of evidence. Why is that? Is it because it is a complete lie?
Financial Information - Corporate Information - Port Authority of New York & New Jersey

Speechless...

or i might not.

Sorry Jillian but during the 8 years of Corzine, I believe there were 173? new or increased taxes here (no I don't have the link). We are #1 in taxation in just about every area. Do you honestly believe a Rep. would suggest such a ridiculous idea in this economy? Get real. Christie's in charge now.

I doubt if it will pass. But just when you think there is nothing left to tax but air...

The Swiss have a canine tax. (oops did I say that out loud). :eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back