CBS/NYT POLL: Romney 46 Obama 43

I am sorry, but its a media poll, I still don't trust them...*shrugs*

I'm looking at this poll with great interest in the sense that if CBS/NYT has the candidates basically neck and neck, that means the internal polling for Obama has to absolutely suck.

That's why we are witnessing such a bizarre "Seinfeld" like campaign. It's a campaign about nothing.

The attacks against Romney are altogether too early and too lame.

I believe Axelrod is starting to seriously panic. Especially to pull out the "same sex marriage" trick this early in the game.

It should have come as a glorious announcement at the convention.

There's no continuity. No rhythm. No flow. No momentum.

Nada.

:clap2:well said.

get this- on Sunday joe splashes his gay love on the Sunday show, ( whichever it was), sunday evening the wh affirms obamas previous stance, monday same , Tues. evening robin roberts( they tease the show for the run wed.) where in says hes behind it (Personally, not officially apparently)...

I mean seriously:eusa_hand:

And my understanding he had decided (last June after NY approved gay marriage) to come out at the convention,...did Biden really push him? who knows.

heres my take, I have no idea what they are going to have left in the sprint of the last 2 months Sept., October, they cannot run the same crap, it will be 'old' by then.........

I too think they are flailing.

I think, they think if they bring this all up now, they will have nailed Romney down and painted him as what they think will turn people off now and for good, BUT apparently, its not working or gaining any real traction...there is s till a lot of road to go, but if they fire all of their bullets now? What will they say in October?

oh and hey David Plouffe is the head guy now, Axlerod has 'stepped back"...:lol:

One of the "up" sides of the very long and at times tedious primary season is that our side "vetted" Romney.

I begged people on a lot of forums to let the primaries go full tilt for as long as possible because it would benefit whoever got the nod in the end because the candidates were getting "friendly fire" versus what Team Obama was ready to launch at the winner.

Basically, our side pissed in the Dems cornflakes by doing so. :eusa_angel:

They were left with Seamus countered ASAP with Obama eating dogmeat, Anne Romney's blouse countered ASAP by Michelle's sweater set costs and Mitt being a prankster in freaking High School 45 years ago countered ASAP by Obama admitting he pushed a little girl and made her run away. (sheesh I cannot even believed I just typed that summation of the Dems anti Romney campaign, aye carumba)

:lol:

^^this is what I thought Tiny would say but that would mean he / she would have to be an honest person but since the news is tinys favor she now likes CBS and NYT. Oh wait, not like I meant found this "interesting"

I really don't trust any polling till they get down to crunch numbers in September of an election year. When the polling firms have to save face and do their jobs.

The CBS/NYTpoll has had both candidates neck and neck since January.

If you read my statement in the OP again, what I find interesting is the very high numbers(62%) of individuals who are sticking with the economy as their key issue and the very low number who care about same sex marriage.

I know, I know...you dont trust it you just posted...yeah, yeah

That's the gist of the poll that I put in the thread title. Even on Drudge the lead in is Romney up by 3.

What's the problem? Just a statement of fact.

Interesting results. Worth the read. And it's still the economy and we're not stupid. I guess Obama blew his load for very little except $$$ over same sex marriage.

But then he's a money whore so that's no surprise.

" Sixty-two percent of registered voters cited the economy as the most important issue in the presidential election.

Concern over the budget deficit ranked a distant second at 11 percent, followed by health care at 9 percent.

Seven percent picked same-sex marriage, 4 percent cited foreign policy and 2 percent chose immigration.

Here's the link:

Poll: Romney has slight edge over Obama - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Yet another conservative who has never heard of the Electoral College.

What on earth does the Electoral College have to do with the results of the poll that I highlighted for my OP?

My comments were directly related to the high number (62%) who still stated that the economy was their numero uno issue vs the very low 7% who gave a hoot about same sex marriage.

I am sorry, but its a media poll, I still don't trust them...*shrugs*

^^this is what I thought Tiny would say but that would mean he / she would have to be an honest person but since the news is tinys favor she now likes CBS and NYT. Oh wait, not like I meant found this "interesting"

What is significant is a liberal leaning news agency can't get a positive poll for their guy.

The media seemed to put a lot of stock in their polls when it showed Obama ahead of three or four Republican challengers. Now that its one on one, it looks different. Perhaps an indication that the factions opposing Obama are starting to gel?

That's the gist of the poll that I put in the thread title. Even on Drudge the lead in is Romney up by 3.

the problem is its meaningless, and yet you go on as if your poll you cited matters. Your Speculation is also based partly on said poll you are trying to pass off. Which makes your opinion irrelevant because its not based in anything really factual when it comes to the election.

But hey continue on in your bubble.

Apparently RealClearPolitics doesn't consider it meaningless...

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

the problem is its meaningless, and yet you go on as if your poll you cited matters. Your Speculation is also based partly on said poll you are trying to pass off. Which makes your opinion irrelevant because its not based in anything really factual when it comes to the election.

You are only partially correct. The results, this early are fairly meaningless as voters are easily swayed, the trend however I'm sure has Obamas campaign worried.

Apparently RealClearPolitics doesn't consider it meaningless...

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama
It makes for fun headlines....see above post for actual facts.

IOW, it's not meaningless to everyone...

Fact...:thup:

I'm looking at this poll with great interest in the sense that if CBS/NYT has the candidates basically neck and neck, that means the internal polling for Obama has to absolutely suck.

That's why we are witnessing such a bizarre "Seinfeld" like campaign. It's a campaign about nothing.

The attacks against Romney are altogether too early and too lame.

I believe Axelrod is starting to seriously panic. Especially to pull out the "same sex marriage" trick this early in the game.

It should have come as a glorious announcement at the convention.

There's no continuity. No rhythm. No flow. No momentum.

Nada.

:clap2:well said.

get this- on Sunday joe splashes his gay love on the Sunday show, ( whichever it was), sunday evening the wh affirms obamas previous stance, monday same , Tues. evening robin roberts( they tease the show for the run wed.) where in says hes behind it (Personally, not officially apparently)...

I mean seriously:eusa_hand:

And my understanding he had decided (last June after NY approved gay marriage) to come out at the convention,...did Biden really push him? who knows.

heres my take, I have no idea what they are going to have left in the sprint of the last 2 months Sept., October, they cannot run the same crap, it will be 'old' by then.........

I too think they are flailing.

I think, they think if they bring this all up now, they will have nailed Romney down and painted him as what they think will turn people off now and for good, BUT apparently, its not working or gaining any real traction...there is s till a lot of road to go, but if they fire all of their bullets now? What will they say in October?

oh and hey David Plouffe is the head guy now, Axlerod has 'stepped back"...:lol:

One of the "up" sides of the very long and at times tedious primary season is that our side "vetted" Romney.

I begged people on a lot of forums to let the primaries go full tilt for as long as possible because it would benefit whoever got the nod in the end because the candidates were getting "friendly fire" versus what Team Obama was ready to launch at the winner.

Basically, our side pissed in the Dems cornflakes by doing so. :eusa_angel:

They were left with Seamus countered ASAP with Obama eating dogmeat, Anne Romney's blouse countered ASAP by Michelle's sweater set costs and Mitt being a prankster in freaking High School 45 years ago countered ASAP by Obama admitting he pushed a little girl and made her run away. (sheesh I cannot even believed I just typed that summation of the Dems anti Romney campaign, aye carumba)

:lol:

Couldn't I agree more the longer, the better. Sorry it ended so fast.

And you watch the silly games begin, they are already going after Romney's wife and kids. When you have nothing to run on, you have to dig up crap on the other guy. Just surprised it is so soon.

The facts being that most polls since Obama outed himself have turned against him.

Forum List

Back