CBS affiliate caught on tape conspiring to smear candidate.

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
the transcript is embedded in the link...if true, I don't even know what to say.

The following voice mail message was inadvertently left on the cell phone of Joe Miller campaign spokesperson Randy DeSoto.

The voices are believed to be those of the news director for CBS Anchorage affiliate KTVA, along with assignment editor Nick McDermott, and other reporters, openly discussing creating, if not fabricating, two stories about Republican nominee for U.S. Senate, Joe Miller.

The following is a transcript of a call recorded after CBS Alaska affiliate KTVA called Joe Miller’s Senate campaign spokesperson. The call failed to disconnect properly. It was later authenticated by McDermott, who sent a text to Randy DeSoto stating, “Damn iPhone… I left you a long message. I thought I hung up. Sorry.”

Anchorage CBS Affiliate Caught on Voicemail Conspiring Against Alaska’s GOP Senate Candidate-Updated - Big Government

Edit to add Youtube video!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftAylfUoogg[/ame]

Employees at a CBS affiliate in Anchorage left an accidental voicemail for an aide to GOP Senate candidate Joe Miller in which they discussed and laughed about the possibility of reporting on the appearance of sex offenders at a Miller rally. And they chatted about responding with a Twitter alert to “any sort of chaos whatsoever” including the candidate being “punched.”

Jerry Bever, general manager for KTVA, said in a statement that a call to Miller spokesman Randy DeSoto to discuss the candidate’s planned appearance on a newscast wasn’t disconnected after the conversation ended. The call took place during a KTVA staff meeting to plan coverage of that evening’s Miller rally in downtown Anchorage.

On Sunday, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin fumed about the KTVA recording during an appearance on Fox News Sunday. She told host Chris Wallace that Mr. Miller “has had to put up with up against the GOP machine and the Democrats and the liberal media in Alaska. It’s no wonder that the numbers are tightening in that race.” She also said, “We have the tape, Chris, and I can’t wait till it busts out all over the nation to show what it is that we — kind of what I put up with for two years now with the media — but what Joe Miller is faced with in dealing with somebody who feels — Lisa Murkowski – so entitled to that seat that she and some of her people, including some complicits in the media, will do anything. They will stop at nothing…”

Phone Recording Sets Off Firestorm in Alaska - Washington Wire - WSJ

One word comes to mind: BUSTED!!!!!!!!! :lmao:

And, OF COURSE, the liberal media gave their CYA denials of the obvious. Liberalism is, if anything, an eternal struggle against the obvious. We can't judge by their own words on the tape, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. We have to believe their pathetic denials after getting caught!

How pathetic?

He added, “Have we had internal discussions about the level of professionalism we need to bring to our conversations, internally and externally? Of course we have, this is a lesson to learn from.”
:lmao:

Yeah, real professional!

Here's the video to back it up!

Video - KTVA Alaska voicemail to Joe Miller purported to show reporters conspiring against him - WSJ.com

If that link doesn't work, go here and look for the video halfway down the page: Phone Recording Sets Off Firestorm in Alaska - Washington Wire - WSJ

merged-del

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007
Employees at a CBS affiliate in Anchorage left an accidental voicemail for an aide to GOP Senate candidate Joe Miller in which they discussed and laughed about the possibility of reporting on the appearance of sex offenders at a Miller rally. And they chatted about responding with a Twitter alert to “any sort of chaos whatsoever” including the candidate being “punched.”

Jerry Bever, general manager for KTVA, said in a statement that a call to Miller spokesman Randy DeSoto to discuss the candidate’s planned appearance on a newscast wasn’t disconnected after the conversation ended. The call took place during a KTVA staff meeting to plan coverage of that evening’s Miller rally in downtown Anchorage.

On Sunday, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin fumed about the KTVA recording during an appearance on Fox News Sunday. She told host Chris Wallace that Mr. Miller “has had to put up with up against the GOP machine and the Democrats and the liberal media in Alaska. It’s no wonder that the numbers are tightening in that race.” She also said, “We have the tape, Chris, and I can’t wait till it busts out all over the nation to show what it is that we — kind of what I put up with for two years now with the media — but what Joe Miller is faced with in dealing with somebody who feels — Lisa Murkowski – so entitled to that seat that she and some of her people, including some complicits in the media, will do anything. They will stop at nothing…”

And, OF COURSE, the liberal media gave their CYA denials of the obvious. Liberalism is, if anything, an eternal struggle against the obvious. We can't judge by their own words on the tape, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. We have to believe their pathetic denials after getting caught!

How pathetic?

He added, “Have we had internal discussions about the level of professionalism we need to bring to our conversations, internally and externally? Of course we have, this is a lesson to learn from.”

Yeah, real professional!

Video - KTVA Alaska voicemail to Joe Miller purported to show reporters conspiring against him - WSJ.com

If that link doesn't work, go here and look for the video halfway down the page: Phone Recording Sets Off Firestorm in Alaska - Washington Wire - WSJ

Yeah....right.....BUSTED.

:rolleyes:

"It was pretty clear from the tenor of the interview that Wallace did not exactly endorse Palin’s claim. In fact, there was an undercurrent of tension throughout."

Maybe "Crazy" Sarah is tryin' to make a(nother) career-change; from Joke, to investigative-reporter.
346.gif

How pathetic?

Yeah, real professional!

Yeah....right.....BUSTED.​

"It was pretty clear from the tenor of the interview that Wallace did not exactly endorse Palin’s claim. In fact, there was an undercurrent of tension throughout."

Maybe "Crazy" Sarah is tryin' to make a(nother) career-change; from Joke, to investigative-reporter.
346.gif

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftAylfUoogg[/ame]

Yes, BUSTED!

Jerry Bever, general manager for CBS Anchorage affiliate KTVA, issued a statement today regarding the inadvertent voice mail left on the phone of a senior staff member of the Joe Miller campaign. He claimed that the discussion his staff members had regarding potential scandals for the Miller campaign was taken out of context:
The complete conversation was about what others might be able to do to cause disruption within the Miller campaign, not what KTVA could do.
The American public is supposed to believe that the staff of KTVA were sitting around imagining potentially scandalous stories that others might foist upon the Miller campaign and not ideas that they, themselves were conjuring.

Instead of just taking Mr. Bever’s word for it (like so many in the media and at Soros-Funded left-wing activist organizations have), lets actually hold the statements made on the recording up to the context Mr. Bever has provided.

Look at what was said and try as hard as you can to fit these sentences into that context:
MALE REPORTER: Oh yeah… can you repeat Joe Miller’s…uh… list of people, campaign workers, which one’s the molester?
[INAUDIBLE]
FEMALE VOICE: We know that out of all the people that will show up tonight, at least one of them will be a registered sex offender.
[Laughter]
MALE REPORTER: You have to find that one person…
If they were discussing what others might do, why do they keep saying “You” and “I”? Why don’t they say “They have to find that one person…” or “They know that out of all the people…”
FEMALE REPORTER: And the one thing we can do is ….we won’t know….we won’t know but if there is any sort of chaos whatsoever we can put out a twitter/facebook alert: saying what the… ‘Hey Joe Miller punched at rally.’
FEMALE REPORTER: Kinda like Rand Paul…I like that.
Again, do you notice how the reporter says, “And the one thing we can do is…”? If she is discussing what others might do, as Mr. Bever assures us, why doesn’t she say “And one thing they can do is…”?

CBS Affiliate KTVA’s Alleged ‘Context’ Doesn’t Match Content of Miller Recording - Big Government

BUSTED!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Yeah.....who ever saw this meltdown coming?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPFPiP1Nv8c[/ame]​

"During the campaign, Palin lashed out at the slightest provocation, sometimes screaming at staff members and throwing objects. Witnessing such behavior, one aide asked Todd Palin if it was typical of his wife. He answered, “You just got to let her go through it… Half the stuff that comes out of her mouth she doesn’t even mean.” When a campaign aide gingerly asked Todd whether Sarah should consider taking psychiatric medication to control her moods, Todd responded that she “just needed to run and work out more.” Her anger kept boiling over, however, and eventually the fits of rage came every day."

We already have threads about this. Why do you have to continually start threads about things that are already under discussion? You make yourself look moronic.... and, because the left tend not to be able to distinguish between individuals... we all look bad.

Moron.

We already have threads about this. Why do you have to continually start threads about things that are already under discussion? You make yourself look moronic.... and, because the left tend not to be able to distinguish between individuals... we all look bad.

Moron.

Thanks, Cali, but I thnk you meant "moranic"....

Boeing54kueuvg.jpg

Moron.

I'm quite capable of saying what I mean, and meaning what I say. I appreciate that you think the picture makes some incredible statement about the intellect of people you disagree with.... however, it does make you appear to be suffering from Repetitively Stupid Syndrome.

If I was inclined, I could link to a video clip (far less fake-able) of the left ranting at the right to "get educated" while carrying a sign reading "America was Founded by Immagrants". It's very funny.

Last edited:

Moron.

I think we see the moron when you are such a control freak that you think it is YOUR business to tell ANYONE beside yourself how to act. You don't see me doing that.

You are becoming the Church lady!

I checked to see if there was an article for this. I didn't see it.

Sue me, and then you and the Church lady do go have some tea, will you?

nickchurch.jpg

Who are you voting for? SATAN???????????????

Moron.

There you go California Girl. All your liberal friends are coming over tonight!

nickchurch.jpg

WHO ARE YOU VOTING FOR . . . SATAN????????????????

Moron.

I'm quite capable of saying what I mean, and meaning what I say. I appreciate that you think the picture makes some incredible statement about the intellect of people you disagree with.... however, it does make you appear to be suffering from Repetitively Stupid Syndrome.

If I was inclined, I could link to a video clip (far less fake-able) of the left ranting at the right to "get educated" while carrying a sign reading "America was Founded by Immagrants". It's very funny.

And you're so educated you can't answer a simple question, I've been asking for over a month.

Show me a bigoted statement I've made about muslims, they haven't said about themselves?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back