CBO Misses Its Obamacare Projection by 24 Million People

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Oh well, the CBO had a product to sell. Let me tell you, buying private insurance is EXPENSIVE, unless on the government dole.

Three years ago, on the eve of Obamacare’s implementation, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) projected that President Obama's centerpiece legislation would result in an average of 201 million people having private health insurance in any given month of 2016. Now that 2016 is here, the CBO says that just 177 million people, on average, will have private health insurance in any given month of this year—a shortfall of 24 million people.

Most of the parameters used in the CBO projections were poor.
You mean all of them.
The CBO is limited to whatever Congress gives them. That allowed the Democrats to game the system to show results that everyone knew wouldn't happen. Gruber admitted to exactly that. The whole thing was a con job from start to finish.

If this were done in the private sector, the people responsible would be fired at a minimum, and possibly prosecuted for fraud.

Anyone do a google on how much the US is paying in the tax penalty for not participating in Obama/SCOTUScare?

Oh well, the CBO had a product to sell. Let me tell you, buying private insurance is EXPENSIVE, unless on the government dole.

Three years ago, on the eve of Obamacare’s implementation, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) projected that President Obama's centerpiece legislation would result in an average of 201 million people having private health insurance in any given month of 2016. Now that 2016 is here, the CBO says that just 177 million people, on average, will have private health insurance in any given month of this year—a shortfall of 24 million people.

Seems this OP is missing something. The who, what and why to start with. Fill in the blanks and maybe there will be some meat to discuss. As this thread stands it is mindful of this: "There are liars, damn liars and statistics" (Attributed to Mark Twain)

Seems this OP is missing something. The who, what and why to start with. Fill in the blanks and maybe their will be some meat to discuss. As this thread stands it is mindful of this: "There are liars, damn liars and statistics" (Attributed to Mark Twain)
Who-The Democrats. Esp Nancy Pelosi and others
What-An entitlement program they thought would guarantee Democrat victories for 20 years
Why-Because Democrats are scum.

Don't worry though they will steal a trillion from Medicare I mean save a trillion......that's it

Seems this OP is missing something. The who, what and why to start with. Fill in the blanks and maybe there will be some meat to discuss. As this thread stands it is mindful of this: "There are liars, damn liars and statistics" (Attributed to Mark Twain)

From the article:

Three years ago, on the eve of Obamacare’s implementation, the WHO: Congressional Budget Office (CBO) WHAT: projected that President Obama's centerpiece legislation would result in an average of 201 million people having private health insurance in any given month of 2016. Now that 2016 is here, the CBO says that just 177 million people, on average, will have private health insurance in any given month of this year—a shortfall of 24 million people.

WHY: To sell a product.

Anyone do a google on how much the US is paying in the tax penalty for not participating in Obama/SCOTUScare?

The IRS is too busy sending tax collectors after people with Delinquent Student Loans right now to focus on the fines. But just wait, that is going to explode as well once the accumulated fines reach a tipping point. Then the Garnishings Will Commence.

The IRS is too busy sending tax collectors after people with Delinquent Student Loans right now to focus on the fines. But just wait, that is going to explode as well once the accumulated fines reach a tipping point. Then the Garnishings Will Commence.

This may be the first year that they can actually steal money from people's tax returns. Myself, I never get anything back, I refuse to give the government a free loan. So I usually end up sending a check to the IRS. So they would be out of luck taking my return.

This may be the first year that they can actually steal money from people's tax returns. Myself, I never get anything back, I refuse to give the government a free loan. So I usually end up sending a check to the IRS. So they would be out of luck taking my return.

They are garnishing wages for delinquent student loans. That's what they'll do for the fines...with penalty and interest. They'll make very public examples of a few poor saps in order to intimidate the Small Folk into complying.

From the article:

Three years ago, on the eve of Obamacare’s implementation, the WHO: Congressional Budget Office (CBO) WHAT: projected that President Obama's centerpiece legislation would result in an average of 201 million people having private health insurance in any given month of 2016. Now that 2016 is here, the CBO says that just 177 million people, on average, will have private health insurance in any given month of this year—a shortfall of 24 million people.

The who and the what are the 24 million, are they insured by medicare, medicaid, in prison, students covered by the U's health centers or scofflaws?

The why maybe the efforts of some Republican Governors to put politics first and their citizens a distant second.

From the article:

The who and the what are the 24 million, are they insured by medicare, medicaid, in prison, students covered by the U's health centers or scofflaws?

The why maybe the efforts of some Republican Governors to put politics first and their citizens a distant second.

If you already knew the answer, you wanted, why did you ask?

What would you folks do if you didn't have the Republicans to blame for the problems with Obamacare? Really?

Forum List

Back