Catholic vote

Is the Catholic vote measurable within a national (regional) political landscape, how do they normally vote?

Gosh, that's a hard one!

All of the Catholics I ever knew were Democratic, in the Northeast...and mostly voted that way...

But on this site, it appears that many Catholics are from the rightwing???

Soooooooooo, I dunno?:confused:

care

I am a former Roman Catholic Priest. For 12 years I ministered to a flock of lost children. I helped them through the tough times, I Christened them, married them and yes I buried them. We Roman Catholics normally follow the lead of the Holy Father in Rome who communicates directly with God. The Holy Father tells us how to vote and as good Roman catholics bound for Heaven we obey the Holy Father.

Amen and Praise God.

I am a former Roman Catholic Priest. For 12 years I ministered to a flock of lost children. I helped them through the tough times, I Christened them, married them and yes I buried them. We Roman Catholics normally follow the lead of the Holy Father in Rome who communicates directly with God. The Holy Father tells us how to vote and as good Roman catholics bound for Heaven we obey the Holy Father.

Amen and Praise God.

hahahaha! ya know, you've topped yourself on this one!!!!!!!! :clap2:

care

Amen and Praise God.

care

Suni Man is now playing an ex priest! Priceless!

Amen and Praise God.

care

:lol::lol::lol:

please sayyyyy it ain't so!!! :eek:!

Amen and Praise God.

Aaah ... so you're one of those robot-clone Catholics who is incapable of independent thought ... gotcha.

Yukon, Why aren't you a priest anymore? You get caught with your hands on the kids cookies one too many times?

The Pope is a Nazi.

care

:lol:

BTW, Did anyone notice he said he BURIED them.......??? :eek:

I am a former Roman Catholic Priest. For 12 years I ministered to a flock of lost children. I helped them through the tough times, I Christened them, married them and yes I buried them.

I am a former Roman Catholic Priest. For 12 years I ministered to a flock of lost children. I helped them through the tough times, I Christened them, married them and yes I buried them.

So what Yukon is saying is he married little children,then buried them?

Holy Crap! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

So what Yukon is saying is he married little children,then buried them?

Holy Crap! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:eusa_angel: I'm pretty sure that's what he meant. :eek:

Is the Catholic vote measurable within a national (regional) political landscape, how do they normally vote?

In Presidential elections, they swing back and forth.

You can see estimates of how they voted 1972 - 1996 at Portrait of the Electorate: Race and Religion .

Unfortunately, the link I had on how they voted in 2000 doesn't work anymore.

Here's a link with an estimate of how they voted in 2004: CNN.com Election 2004

Here's a link with an estimate of how they voted in 2008: Local Exit Polls - Election Center 2008 - Elections & Politics from CNN.com

The thing about Catholicism is that part of it is believing that the heirarchy of the Catholic Church represents God on Earth. It is not a democracy. If you don't agree with what the Catholic heirarchy says, don't be a Catholic. I was raised Catholic and am no longer one because I don't buy the central premise of the Catholic Church.

But this thing of calling yourself "Catholic" and disagreeing with the Church heirarchy is absurd. Nobody is forcing you to be a Catholic. And, frankly, any Catholic that voted for Obama has no business being a Catholic. People like that need to seriously ask themselves what the heck they're doing. If abortion is murder, how the heck can you say anything Obama might want to do "overcomes" his support for allowing murder of innocents? And if you don't believe it's murder, why the heck are you a Catholic?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back