Catholic School Has Demons

Professor Liew explains that he believes Christ could be considered a “drag king” or cross-dresser. “If one follows the trajectory of the Wisdom/Word or Sophia/Jesus (con)figuration, what we have in John’s Jesus is not only a “king of Israel” (1:49; 12:13– 15) or “king of the Ioudaioi” (18:33, 39; 19:3, 14– 15, 19– 22), but also a drag king (6:15; 18:37; 19:12),” he claims. He later argues that “[Christ] ends up appearing as a drag-kingly bride in his passion.”

Catholic College Theology Professor Says Jesus Was ‘Drag King’ With ‘Queer Desires’
Uh huh. Follow the trajectory. :disbelief:
Could be is not WAS.
Uh huh. And those able to LIGHTEN UP are less ANNOYING.

Words have meaning.
Sure they do. Try using some of your own now and then. :wink:

Words have meaning.
Which is why we are instructed not to anthropromorphize any of the Biblical roles/terms which accidentally turn into names and characters in translation and that includes God itself.

Professor Liew explains that he believes Christ could be considered a “drag king” or cross-dresser. “If one follows the trajectory of the Wisdom/Word or Sophia/Jesus (con)figuration, what we have in John’s Jesus is not only a “king of Israel” (1:49; 12:13– 15) or “king of the Ioudaioi” (18:33, 39; 19:3, 14– 15, 19– 22), but also a drag king (6:15; 18:37; 19:12),” he claims. He later argues that “[Christ] ends up appearing as a drag-kingly bride in his passion.”

Catholic College Theology Professor Says Jesus Was ‘Drag King’ With ‘Queer Desires’
Could be is not WAS.

Words have meaning.

I am remarking on the headline:
Professor Liew explains that he believes Christ could be considered a “drag king” or cross-dresser.

Could be is not was. Try to follow.

Could be is not WAS.

Words have meaning.

Professor Liew explains that he believes Christ could be considered a “drag king” or cross-dresser.

See my number 8. :3:

Could be is not WAS.

Words have meaning.

See the headline of this post and article. Just trying to set the record straight.:)

Words have meaning.

See the headline of this post and article. Just trying to set the record straight.:)
:cranky: I've moved on. You are free to keep beating the dead horse on your own.

Catholicism shaped every form of christianity, single handedly, long ago.
So who are you guys to say they are wrong? Without the Catholics, there would be NO TELLING what you guys would be believing right now..

I find it odd that the Catholic church has the official doctrine that abortion is murder, yet they seem to remain strangely silent, much like they were silent during the Holocaust.

That probably is why so many people want their kids educated in them.
Would you send your kid to this "professor's" class?
Would I want or expect that teachers at a Catholic school would teach something that was in opposition to Catholic dogma?

No.

You or any teacher of children would teach something that was in opposition to Catholic dogma if they cared about the truth or the children entrusted to their care.

Would I want or expect that teachers at a Catholic school would teach something that was in opposition to Catholic dogma?

No.

You or any teacher of children would teach something that was in opposition to Catholic dogma if they cared about the truth or the children entrusted to their care.
Are you still offended by Catholic beliefs?

No.

Catholics believe that priests shouldn't have any pussy, just little kids.

No.

Bless your heart, Taz.

You and Hobelim are cut from the same cloth.

No.

Bless your heart, Taz.

As long as it's jeans material, it's all good. Plus, he's a chosen one, maybe I can get into their club by the back door. :biggrin:

No.

Bless your heart, Taz.

As long as it's jeans material, it's all good. Plus, he's a chosen one, maybe I can get into their club by the back door. :biggrin:
It is all good because what you intend for evil he is using for good.

No.

Bless your heart, Taz.

lol...ok Taz, I'll do my best to work as your advocate. After all it is much better to not believe in any God at all than to profess a belief in one that doesn't correspond to any real living being ever in existence.

Forum List

Back