Catheters

Please discuss with your physician before starting an herbal supplements.
Yeah and make sure your physician prescribes a synthetic drug that fucks you up, but earns him a nice vacation in the Caribbean on Big Pharma's dime.
Saw Palmetto increases bleeding time. Herbal supplements are not always safe.

the action of Saw Palmetto is as an antagonist to androgen-----androgen is the stuff that
causes enlargement of the prostate. It can complicate some of the conditions that cause
increased bleeding time----like liver disease and blood clotting disorders. Androgen is
erythropoietic--------that means it stimulates bone marrow to form blood. Men end up
with more blood than do women------GO BACK TO THE UROLOGIST

when i was at the urologoy clinic....you could hear men cry and scream when cathed...

twice for me

once i was under and didnt know it til afterwards

the second awake didnt like it

no one likes it------but sometimes self catheterization at home is a good option---
-----people kinda adapt..

true but i just dread the idea of it

kinda ranks right there with the old school dentist

and the old school proctologist

when i was at the urologoy clinic....you could hear men cry and scream when cathed...

twice for me

no one likes it------but sometimes self catheterization at home is a good option---

not my field----but there are usually surgical ---even "LAZER"
alternatives. Be optimistic

twice for me

not my field----but there are usually surgical ---even "LAZER"
alternatives. Be optimistic

indeed but currently that is not a concern for me

It is easy to understand why.
Saw Palmetto increases bleeding time. Herbal supplements are not always safe.
...funny...nearly all pharmaceutical drugs promoted by the corrupt and criminal FDA and Big Pharma, are not always safe. Secondly, most physicians have no understanding of the affect of supplements. So, asking them is a total waste of time and they are likely to tell you something that isn't true.

Really , and you know better than an urologist. I so doubt it. OP do not take advice from this guy who thinks all docs are quacks. All drugs have side effects, but so do herbs.
Yeah...appeal to authority...and do what they say.

Not all herbs have side effects. Most are entirely safe, unlike Big Pharma's toxic shit.

He might be on a baby aspirin or Coumadin, etc , yet you tell him about a herb that increases bleeding time. I said he needs to consult his doc before he takes any herbs.

The thing with herbs are they are not monitored, they might be full of pesticides. The upmost caution needs to be taken when taking any med or herbal supplement and even everyday vits.
Glad to hear you will do whatever your physician tells you to do. Not me.

Now where did I say that. I told the OP check with his Doc first before he takes advice from someone on the internet giving you the name of a herb to take. Do you know what meds he is on, or what conditions he has??
NO!!!

Longknife there may be some herbs that could possibly help you. I was reading about something the other day that was used for enlarged prostate.
Saw Palmetto.
Found it (Stinging nettle) and an online article for nettle, plus the pubmed docs online. I take a little nettle daily that I preserved from fresh picked from our yard. Dried it can be purchased online or in a tincture form if one wants it and can't find any fresh growing near them.

The medicinal uses of Urtia dioica (stinging nettle) range from treatment of allergies, prostate health, bleeding, gout, urniary tract infections, finger nail health and many more- Medicinal Uses

Urtica dioica pubmed - Google Search

Longknife there may be some herbs that could possibly help you. I was reading about something the other day that was used for enlarged prostate.
Saw Palmetto.
Found it (Stinging nettle) and an online article for nettle, plus the pubmed docs online. I take a little nettle daily that I preserved from fresh picked from our yard. Dried it can be purchased online or in a tincture form if one wants it and can't find any fresh growing near them.

The medicinal uses of Urtia dioica (stinging nettle) range from treatment of allergies, prostate health, bleeding, gout, urniary tract infections, finger nail health and many more- Medicinal Uses

anti androgen effect-----like saw palmetto. My sense is that it is unlikely to shrink an ALREADY ENLARGED
PROSTATE

Saw Palmetto.

anti androgen effect-----like saw palmetto. My sense is that it is unlikely to shrink an ALREADY ENLARGED
PROSTATE
You are free to read the studies as I did post the search links to the studies.

Saw Palmetto.

PROSTATE

thanks-------uhm-----dishi-------are you male or female (you need not answer ----as you know) ----
stinging nettles are a bit anti-androgen-------just sayin'

Saw Palmetto.

PROSTATE

thanks-------uhm-----dishi-------are you male or female (you need not answer ----as you know) ----
stinging nettles are a bit anti-androgen-------just sayin'
And that particular herb does a lot more than just treat the benign prostatic hyperplasia, again why I posted the full search results. Every disease or condition has a causation that effect multiple organs and creates various issues. <that is why you must read through the information yourself or have an herbalist and a doctor to help you or a doctor that is also a good herbalist.

Red Maca an herb that may reduce an enlarged prostate. I have not check for side effects if any.

Dose-response effect of Red Maca (Lepidium meyenii) on benign prostatic hyperplasia induced by testosterone enanthate. - PubMed - NCBI

Phytomedicine. 2007 Aug;14(7-8):460-4. Epub 2007 Feb 7.
Dose-response effect of Red Maca (Lepidium meyenii) on benign prostatic hyperplasia induced by testosterone enanthate.
Gasco M1, Villegas L, Yucra S, Rubio J, Gonzales GF.
Author information
Abstract

The main goal of this study was to determine the effect of a freeze-dried aqueous extract of the red variety of Lepidium meyenii (Red Maca) on testosterone-induced benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in adult rats of the Holtzman strain. Rats were treated with freeze-dried aqueous extract of Red Maca at doses of 0, 0.01, 0.05, 0.1, and 0.5 g/kg body wt. A positive control group received Finasteride (0.6 mg/kg body wt.). After treatment, the animals were sacrificed, and the ventral prostate was extracted, and weighed. HPLC was used to determine the presence of glucosinolates in Red Maca. The prostate weight diminished in a dose-dependent fashion in rats treated with Red Maca. The effect of Red Maca was better than that observed with Finasteride. Finasteride, but not Red Maca, reduced seminal vesicles weight. Analysis of the HPLC indicated the presence of benzyl glucosinolate (Glucotropaeolin) with a content of 0.639%. Serum testosterone levels were not affected by Red Maca. Moreover, serum testosterone levels were not related to prostate or seminal vesicles weight in rats treated with vehicle and Red Maca. In conclusion, Red Maca administered orally in rats seems to exert an inhibitory effect at a level post DHT conversion, on the BPH-induced experimentally, although a direct measure of reductase action would still be required.

PMID:
DOI:
10.1016/j.phymed.2006.12.003
[Indexed for MEDLINE]

There is information here one may desire to read and 103 reviews for Red Maca. MACA: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions and Warnings - WebMD

Last edited:
It is easy to understand why.
...funny...nearly all pharmaceutical drugs promoted by the corrupt and criminal FDA and Big Pharma, are not always safe. Secondly, most physicians have no understanding of the affect of supplements. So, asking them is a total waste of time and they are likely to tell you something that isn't true.

Really , and you know better than an urologist. I so doubt it. OP do not take advice from this guy who thinks all docs are quacks. All drugs have side effects, but so do herbs.

Not all herbs have side effects. Most are entirely safe, unlike Big Pharma's toxic shit.

He might be on a baby aspirin or Coumadin, etc , yet you tell him about a herb that increases bleeding time. I said he needs to consult his doc before he takes any herbs.

The thing with herbs are they are not monitored, they might be full of pesticides. The upmost caution needs to be taken when taking any med or herbal supplement and even everyday vits.

Now where did I say that. I told the OP check with his Doc first before he takes advice from someone on the internet giving you the name of a herb to take. Do you know what meds he is on, or what conditions he has??
NO!!!
Most docs know nothing about supplements and some will tell me not to take them. How dumb is that?

Last edited:

NO!!!
Most docs no nothing about supplements and some will tell me not to take them. How dumb is that?
True or they try to scare you out of trying something natural besides what they, the AMA and big pharma are pushing.

NO!!!
Most docs no nothing about supplements and some will tell me not to take them. How dumb is that?
True or they try to scare you out of trying something natural besides what they, the AMA and big pharma are pushing.

You mean like Francis McNutt , is that his name, wasn't it you who mentioned him awhile back, prayer for healing. I believe in a healthy mind, and if that is what helps fine, handling stress is an imp. part of healing. There is not a healing preacher that is going to heal a hypertrophy prostate.

NO!!!

Try a DO, they will determine deficiencies by lab work and symptoms and a good Doc will check you D level. Eat healthy and you won't need vits, except for D3 which is a hormone. Check with your family physician.

NO!!!

You mean like Francis McNutt , is that his name, wasn't it you who mentioned him awhile back, prayer for healing. I believe in a healthy mind, and if that is what helps fine, handling stress is an imp. part of healing. There is not a healing preacher that is going to heal a hypertrophy prostate.
I've have never heard of Francis McNutt but I do believe with God all things are possible. That doesn't mean that every prayer for healing is answered. Prayers made by the righteous made in righteousness are answered whether as mortal humans we can see the answers to the prayers that are answered or not are is a different story.

NO!!!

Try a DO, they will determine deficiencies by lab work and symptoms and a good Doc will check you D level. Eat healthy and you won't need vits, except for D3 which is a hormone. Check with your family physician.
You, your advice and Obummercare are losing ground rapidly as people are learning the truth about how corrupt the whole system has become. The Pale horse's days are numbered.

Forum List

Back