Cat Lovers Thread

Both of my cats want to be right by me. Baby likes to sit on my keyboard and Spidey at my feet. He and I seemed to bond the moment we met. I brought him home in my arms because I knew he would be scared .... and I knew better to do that with a full-grown cat I didn't know ... but he snuggled right into my arms and rode with me fine for the 45 minute car trip. I just wish they got along.

This picture is about the closest they can get without the hissing. Baby has a bed on my desk. Luckily it's a big desk.
View attachment 31374

They are both so cute. All of ours are rather aloof with me. Cali and Freaky will jump up on my husband's lap while he is watching TV. Dolly is the only one that will cuddle next to me, but doesn't like being held. Bootsie is still rather shy and we've had her almost 10 months, now.

Neither of mine are lap cats and don't want me to pick them up. Baby wants to nuzzle my hands as I type. She wants pets. That's all. I pick them up anyway. When Spidey got used to all of us he didn't snuggle up to me and rarely does it now. It is good he did that that one day. But they both have to stay close to me (competition?). And they both talk to me a lot. Spidey has his big Siamese voice normally when calling out to me or when talking to the outdoor cats. But when he responds to me he uses a baby voice (I wonder if he's mocking me since I use a baby voice when talking to him).

I think that most cats don't really like being picked up and held. Some of them tolerate it though. They are just too independent. :smile: They like to cuddle but on their terms. Lol!

I've had some cats that had some real mind problems...One we driving in our truck and I kept hearing a noise in the engine compartment, my ex said it was the belts. He finally pulled over lifted the hood and out shot this cat. Well I couldn't just leave it, so we caught it, took home and it was a pitiful thing. Teeth and breath you couldn't get near, jumped at every sound it heard, so I nicknamed it, Skitty kitty. But, I had a big male cat "that I had rescued from the pound and it's tail had been caught in a car door, so all it had was nubby tail" at the time and he took her under his wing and it was just darn cute. I've had a lot of cats over my 60 years. Don't have one now but I'm trying to talk my roommate/boyfriend to let me get one. He has a 70 pound golden/lab mix dog and he's saying no cats. I'll wear him down eventually...lol

Quints

a62f1dd19c3d6893838482e836c56adf.jpg

Those are georgeous siamese cats. Just beautiful.

He's a beauty. I found the picture in a search on photobucket and it came up. I uploaded it to imageupload because I don't want pictures linking to places like photobucket, pinterest, etc.

Glad you liked him but this is why I don't post pics of my artwork, 'cept those are my paintings in the background in the photo below.

Anyway, here he is as he looks now. He really is enormous and he's still growing.

F14173C0-0593-4F52-A04A-DCAD9B4EEA02_zpsh4ttid1n.jpg

Last edited:
He's a beauty. I found the picture in a search on photobucket and it came up. I uploaded it to imageupload because I don't want pictures linking to places like photobucket, pinterest, etc.

Glad you liked him but this is why I don't post pics of my artwork, 'cept those are my paintings in the background in the photo below.

Anyway, here he is as he looks now. He really is enormous and he's still growing.

My grampy would have a FIT if he saw that. He hated when the cats were on the tables or on the counters. He always said he hated cats, but I always saw him being nice to them UNLESS they were on the table or the counter.

My grampy would have a FIT if he saw that. He hated when the cats were on the tables or on the counters. He always said he hated cats, but I always saw him being nice to them UNLESS they were on the table or the counter.

I won't let my cats go on the table. That's probably why they don't jump on my lap like they do on my husband's lap, I yell at them when I see them on the table, and they quickly jump off.

Catsby never lays on the table when we eat but he does like to stretch out to watch what's going on. I sent that photo to the woman who rescued/fostered Catsby's parents (I should post a photo I have of her holding his daddy - that is one humongous cat). The cats came from a mill situation but you'd never know it to look at them now.

Anyway, this reminds me of a dear sweet cat I found frozen to death way back in the 70s in Denver. He was in a park, looked very dead but when I picked him up, he made a funny groaning sound which I first took to be gasses escaping. But, when I held him up to my ear, I could hear a a very faint heart beat. I stuffed him into my coat and took him home. Wrapped him in my electric blanket, turned on high and left the bundle sitting at the end of the couch. When he came out of it, he turned out to be a huge grey and white tom cat. His fur hung on him like folds of fabric.

I didn't want to keep him and in those days I was doing my own placement of strays and fosters and was placing like 10 or more every month. Since I planned on placing him, I called him Roger the Lodger. But I fell in love with the big galoot and had him for another 10 years or so. Moved him Tucson with us where he got out of the house one day and some jerk sprayed him with anti freeze. Of course I didn't know that's what was wrong so he lived another almost 2 weeks in absolute misery. (This is why I harp about keeping cats inside - there are assholes like that who take delight in torturing animals.)

Anyway, he liked to lay lengthwise on the table while I ate. He never begged and sometimes I would pet him with one hand while eating or writing with the other.
Roger appointed himself Mother to any and all foster kittens I brought in. I loved that cat a lot and he saved a lot cat's lives.

I won't let my cats go on the table. That's probably why they don't jump on my lap like they do on my husband's lap, I yell at them when I see them on the table, and they quickly jump off.

And get right back on when you're not around.

^I wouldn't feed my guys that way. They wouldn't be able to have fun because they couldn't move like their brains would tell theme they should.

image.jpg

images.jpg

Forum List

Back