Cat Lovers Thread

tumblr_nvw7cq4AW01qzyqubo1_1280.jpg

how very true.....we havent had an indoor tree for years.....one of the cats will run up it and the dog has to follow
I guess lots of people have this problem. When I had a cat and a dog, and every year I had a very nice big tree (I lived in the PNW), I never had any problem with either of them damaging the tree or ornaments. My dog was a lab and their tails tend to swipe things off the coffee table and other places at their level, but I don't think she ever broke an ornament with it, though I did put the unbreakable ones at her 'tail level.'

Labs are very trainable, and I taught her to be gentle and careful around the tree. The cat was the dog's BFF and followed her lead, so he too learned to be careful around the tree, not swipe at the ornaments, and I don't think he ever considered climbing it, though he was an adventurous indoor-outdoor male cat. I think the cat picked up a lot of the lessons the dog was learning.

When I went to work, I could leave them alone all day with the tree and no problems. They didn't get in the garbage either. They were 'good kids.'

Last edited:
yoda has to be watched with the outside lights....he enjoys playing with them......clark and tiff would be okay....they are not demons from hell....yoda is...and yoda knows how to work the dogs into a ...pack fit....and for some reasons when the dogs get worked up...who do they go after...o not yoda....he is 17 lbs of claws and fangs....but poor tiff...she is like 7 lbs of fluff...which gets me fussing at the dogs...

yoda has to be watched with the outside lights....he enjoys playing with them......clark and tiff would be okay....they are not demons from hell....yoda is...and yoda knows how to work the dogs into a ...pack fit....and for some reasons when the dogs get worked up...who do they go after...o not yoda....he is 17 lbs of claws and fangs....but poor tiff...she is like 7 lbs of fluff...which gets me fussing at the dogs...
You've got a lot of pets. Two were easy to handle, especially when one was a lab--as I said, they are very trainable and mild mannered. And it was a girl; girls are even calmer.

Forum List

Back