Cat Lovers Thread

i got a cat rescue going on hopefully....i went by this old building and saw one lone cat..there use to be 20 or so but something killed them...feral cats...i think the owners of the building...a fucking church by the way.....killed most of them....but there is one lone starving cat.....so a couple of weeks ago i started feeding it....i figured that is one thing i can do....i go by there every morning and feed it...yesterday it let me sit on the step with it but still wont let me touch it....i am pretty sure its a male....i have live traps but i prefer to try to get them a wee bit tame ...

several of us have tried to trap the cats....i have trapped about 6 of them....keeping one...tiff....taking rest to the humane..i dont want to see this one put down....so i will try to tame it...my husband is annoying me pointing out i have 6 pets...3 cats and 3 dogs....and can barely afford them....i will try to get a picture of him/her today

any hints on this would be appreciated

french-cats.jpg

i got a cat rescue going on hopefully....i went by this old building and saw one lone cat..there use to be 20 or so but something killed them...feral cats...i think the owners of the building...a fucking church by the way.....killed most of them....but there is one lone starving cat.....so a couple of weeks ago i started feeding it....i figured that is one thing i can do....i go by there every morning and feed it...yesterday it let me sit on the step with it but still wont let me touch it....i am pretty sure its a male....i have live traps but i prefer to try to get them a wee bit tame ...

several of us have tried to trap the cats....i have trapped about 6 of them....keeping one...tiff....taking rest to the humane..i dont want to see this one put down....so i will try to tame it...my husband is annoying me pointing out i have 6 pets...3 cats and 3 dogs....and can barely afford them....i will try to get a picture of him/her today

Just keep going by every day and feeding him, talking to him. He'll get to accept you eventually. But feral cats are hard to tame.

i think what happened was an older couple were feeding them.....then they quit/died/??? but it is just a mess....i am hoping its not a female....if i can get this last cat....o well there will be more....there always are...

i want to get him relocated before winter...i think the older couple could pet him...but then he got deserted again....so he is so wary....and i dont wanna just try to grab him and toss him in a carrier....he is beginning to put on weight and starting to show the merits of good food daily....and you should hear me talking to him about living in a shit hole and needing to relocate ...where he can be warm and be feed twice a day....i just hope i have the time i will need to do this

I guess it depends on how long it has been feral. The two male outdoor cats we have are sort of like that. The people that used to live next door left them....(I posted about it at the beginning of this thread) and I started feeding them. There were three at first, actually, and only one of them (Blackie, who later died) got friendly enough to let us touch him, the other two have been with us for I think 5 years and are still aloof. Tiger will let my husband touch him and pick him up when he sits out by the gazebo at night to smoke a cigarette, Smoky, to this day will not let you touch him. They follow us around the yard when we are walking, but stay a safe distance.

Just keep feeding him and moving the food dish closer to your home, but if it ever becomes friendly enough for you to pet and pick it up, it will be rare.

I have no advice to offer, but admire what you're doing.

Forum List

Back