Hell, you EXPLICITLY pay a card fee to register a car here!
Register what car where, dumb-shit?!? You're not making any sense. The vendor pays the transaction fees - not the consumer. If you had ever progressed beyond the McDonald's cash register in your career, you would realize that.

The vendor pays the transaction fees - not the consumer.

Are credit cards accepted for payment at facilities?
American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa are accepted at
Secretary of State facilities. A bank processing fee is charged based on the total amount of the transaction.

FAQ

Secretary of State facilities. A bank processing fee is charged based on the total amount of the transaction.

FAQ
Shop at the Illinois Secretary of State website a lot, do ya Toddsterpatriot? :lmao:

Yes - you can't pay your taxes using a credit card either without paying the fee. But government isn't a corporation competing with other corporations for your business.

FAQ
Shop at the Illinois Secretary of State website a lot, do ya Toddsterpatriot? :lmao:

Yes - you can't pay your taxes using a credit card either without paying the fee. But government isn't a corporation competing with other corporations for your business.

Shop at the Illinois Secretary of State website a lot,

I just renewed my license plate. At the DMV.
Use your credit card, they'll charge you a fee.
Checks are free.

Sorry if I pointed out another of your errors.

FAQ

Checks are free.

We are still waiting for you to point out anything rational. You are not a "consumer" of government. You are a constituent. I said consumer. We are clearly discussing the private market. You had to resort to an absurd post about the Illinois Secretary of State.

FAQ

Checks are free.

We are still waiting for you to point out anything rational. You are not a "consumer" of government. You are a constituent. I said consumer. We are clearly discussing the private market. You had to resort to an absurd post about the Illinois Secretary of State.

Jaraxle said, "Hell, you EXPLICITLY pay a card fee to register a car here!"

You called him a dumb-shit. You think he registered his car with Ford instead of the government? LOL!

Sorry again for pointing out your error.

Hell, you EXPLICITLY pay a card fee to register a car here!
Register what car where, dumb-shit?!? You're not making any sense. The vendor pays the transaction fees - not the consumer. If you had ever progressed beyond the McDonald's cash register in your career, you would realize that.
Ok, I guess I need to explain it to you...I forgot how dense you are, Ozzie. The consumer MOST CERTAINLY DOES pay a transaction fee! When tagging a car at city hall, it is explicitly called out as such! (3.5%, as I recall.)

When buying gas, a card is usually a 5-6 cent charge.

Uh...99% of gas stations do not charge the consumer a fee for using credit cards. I think I've seen exactly 2 gas stations in my entire life that have done that. One was out of state and my friend told me how they explicitly avoid that gas station just on principle.

Thanks for playing. You're dismissed.

We should do things to help the economy and no cash would have to be a big drag on it, maybe even the straw that broke the camel's back.
Well that is a tremendous false narrative. One of the worst I have seen on USMB. Tools like PayPal have done wonders for poor nations. That's a fact. It's had a tremendous positive impact on any economy that has leveraged digital currency. But don't let these facts get in the way of your nifty false narrative.

Want to text money? Kenya's been doing it for years

I didn't say anything about PayPal.

Uh...99% of gas stations do not charge the consumer a fee for using credit cards. I think I've seen exactly 2 gas stations in my entire life that have done that. One was out of state and my friend told me how they explicitly avoid that gas station just on principle.

Thanks for playing. You're dismissed.

I can think of several gas stations around here that specifically offer a discount for paying with cash, which is the same thing.

In fact that's exactly how I fill up when I'm in town. Everybody who buys their gas without the cash discount ------ pays more than I do. In other words ... they pay a fee for using cards in the form of a higher price.

But congratulations on having a "friend" who explicitly avoids saving money "on principle". That search can't have been easy.

You think he registered his car with Ford instead of the government? LOL!
Thank you! All you two pitiful schmoes have are a couple of desperate examples of the government. When you got to Walmart, are you charged a fee for using a credit card? Nope. When you got to McDonald's, are you charged a fee for using a credit card? Nope. When you got to Best Buy, are you charged a fee for using a credit card? Nope. When you got to Staples, are you charged a fee for using a credit card? Nope.

Thanks for playing. You are dismissed.

We should do things to help the economy and no cash would have to be a big drag on it, maybe even the straw that broke the camel's back.
Well that is a tremendous false narrative. One of the worst I have seen on USMB. Tools like PayPal have done wonders for poor nations. That's a fact. It's had a tremendous positive impact on any economy that has leveraged digital currency. But don't let these facts get in the way of your nifty false narrative.

Yeah, I know. I did. PayPal is an example of a digital transaction. You can "wire" directly from one account to another.

Bad idea, I don't need the government to know what and when I buy anything. It just makes for a big brother society.

Bad idea, I don't need the government to know what and when I buy anything. It just makes for a big brother society.
Big Brother society is already here. Just ask Edward Snowden. If you think you are somehow gaining any privacy by having cash around (which the government you claim to not want to empower, manipulates), you are seriously kidding yourself in a major way.

Prism
Stellar Wind
ThinThread

You think he registered his car with Ford instead of the government? LOL!
Thank you! All you two pitiful schmoes have are a couple of desperate examples of the government. When you got to Walmart, are you charged a fee for using a credit card? Nope. When you got to McDonald's, are you charged a fee for using a credit card? Nope. When you got to Best Buy, are you charged a fee for using a credit card? Nope. When you got to Staples, are you charged a fee for using a credit card? Nope.

Thanks for playing. You are dismissed.

a couple of desperate examples of the government.

Yes. Jaraxle was right and you were wrong.

You're welcome.

Big Brother society is already here. Just ask Edward Snowden. If you think you are somehow gaining any privacy by having cash around (which the government you claim to not want to empower, manipulates), you are seriously kidding yourself in a major way.

Prism
Stellar Wind
ThinThread

cash around (which the government you claim to not want to empower, manipulates),

You think using credit or non-cash payments protects you from government manipulation of the money supply and interest rates? LOL!

Tell me more!!!

Yeah, I know. I did. PayPal is an example of a digital transaction. You can "wire" directly from one account to another.

.............. which fact ------ AGAIN ------ completely destroys the two main "points" of your OP.

Yet you just yammer on as if you still have a point left.

Prism
Stellar Wind
ThinThread

Dafuk does "Edward Snowden" have to do with the use of cash?

Forum List

Back