Carry laws

I see, so every law that is passed you agree with and are comfortable with because your representatives passed them?

As of March 11, a total of 52 out of New York State’s 62 counties have introduced resolutions requesting the repeal of the Cuomo's new gun control law.

On the same day the law was passed, the town of Truxton, in Cortland County, NY, became the first municipality in the state to pass a resolution formally expressing its opposition and request to repeal the law. Short and straightforward, the town of Truxton’s resolution reads:

WHEREAS, the Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms is guaranteed as an Individual Right under the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and under the Constitution of the State of New York, and;

WHEREAS, the Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms for defense of Life, Liberty, and Property is regarded as an Inalienable Right by the People of the Town of Truxton, New York, and:

WHEREAS, the People of the Town of Truxton, New York, derive economic benefit from all safe forms of firearms recreation, hunting, and shooting conducted within the Town of Truxton using all types of firearms allowable under the United States Constitution and the Constitution of the State of New York, and;

WHEREAS, the Town of Truxton Board, being elected to represent the People of the Town of Truxton and being duly sworn by their Oath of Office to uphold the United States Constitution and the Constitution of the State of New York, and;

WHEREAS, the New York Assembly and the New York Senate, being elected by the People of the State of New York and being duly sworn by their Oath of Office to uphold the United States Constitution and the Constitution of the State of New York, and;

WHEREAS, the legislation passed by the New York State Legislature infringes on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms and bans the possession and use of firearms now employed by individual citizens of the Town of Truxton, New York, for defense of Life, Liberty and Property and bans the possession and use of firearms now legally owned for safe forms of firearms recreation, hunting and shooting conducted within the Town of Truxton, New York;

NOW, THEREFORE, IT BE AND IS HEREBY RESOLVED that the Town of Truxton Town Board, do hereby oppose the enactment of any legislation that would further infringe upon the Right of the People to keep and bear arms and consider such laws to be unconstitutional and beyond lawful Legislative Authority.

So much for your notion that the citizens were ok with their representatives passing laws on their behalf.

No. There are all sorts of laws passed in my state I vehemently oppose. But that does not make them unconstitutional. Nor did I say that everyone in New York thought the restrictions were a good idea. I said that they had a say in the matter because they elect the law makers and can unelect them. Once again, that is how a republic works.

Fact is the citizens don't have a say in what laws are passed. If they did then Cuomo wouldn't or couldn't have passed the new gun control law he passed.

Yes they can un-elect them and re-elect others and have the law repealed but that doesn't change the fact that the law (they didn't agree with but have to abide by) was passed. And no didn't have a say in the matter!

The fact is that in a republic no citizen has a say in any law other than at the ballot box. This situation is no different. If the citizens of New York don't like with Cuomo did, they can vote him out. But that does not make it unconstitutional, unlawful or even unfair. It is how a republic operates and it is not wrong just because you don't like a particular result. A citizen is not guaranteed to always get their own way.

No. There are all sorts of laws passed in my state I vehemently oppose. But that does not make them unconstitutional. Nor did I say that everyone in New York thought the restrictions were a good idea. I said that they had a say in the matter because they elect the law makers and can unelect them. Once again, that is how a republic works.

Fact is the citizens don't have a say in what laws are passed. If they did then Cuomo wouldn't or couldn't have passed the new gun control law he passed.

Yes they can un-elect them and re-elect others and have the law repealed but that doesn't change the fact that the law (they didn't agree with but have to abide by) was passed. And no didn't have a say in the matter!

The fact is that in a republic no citizen has a say in any law other than at the ballot box. This situation is no different. If the citizens of New York don't like with Cuomo did, they can vote him out. But that does not make it unconstitutional, unlawful or even unfair. It is how a republic operates and it is not wrong just because you don't like a particular result. A citizen is not guaranteed to always get their own way.

When you consider something to be serious enough to warrant a consitutional amendment, you are pretty much saying exactly that said citizen should get thier own way with as little government interference as possible.

The fact that governments can just ignore amendments they do not like is a very troubling concept. The fact that the government excludes its own non military personnel from any restrictions it passes on other civillians is far more troubling.

Obviously 52 of the 62 counties of New York felt it was unconstitutional or did you miss the that thread and link calling for its repeal?

Angry young man.

I view all law enforcement as my friend.

The cops are not your friends. Cops can lie with impunity but if you lie to them it's a felony.

Even an ex cop says you should never ever talk to the police

[youtube]6wXkI4t7nuc[/youtube]

There is good and bad in every profession.

Yeah but the bad guys in other professions can't send you to jail even if you're innocent can they?

The cops are not your friends. Cops can lie with impunity but if you lie to them it's a felony.

Even an ex cop says you should never ever talk to the police

[youtube]6wXkI4t7nuc[/youtube]

Yeah but the bad guys in other professions can't send you to jail even if you're innocent can they?

You may not beat the ride but you can beat the rap. And if you are unlawfully arrested you can sue. Hell if anyone should be anti-police it should be me. I served 3 years of a five year sentence in the Texas Dept. of Corrections. But I think the police are mostly honest men and women just doing their jobs.

FTR... I was granted a pardon by Gov. Mark White and my records have been expunged.

When you consider something to be serious enough to warrant a consitutional amendment, you are pretty much saying exactly that said citizen should get thier own way with as little government interference as possible.

The fact that governments can just ignore amendments they do not like is a very troubling concept. The fact that the government excludes its own non military personnel from any restrictions it passes on other civillians is far more troubling.

They are not ignoring a constitutional amendment. The idea that the 2nd amendment is without limits is absurd and has been debunked repeatedly by the SC. They have done nothing which is not in line with current case law. I don't know what non-military personnel you are talking about.

Obviously 52 of the 62 counties of New York felt it was unconstitutional or did you miss the that thread and link calling for its repeal?

Which they are free to do. But that does not make it unconstitutional.

Those that disagree with the second amendment have been brainwashed. That is my opinion and I am entitled to it. You are welcome to disagree.

What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?
The problem with the Second Amendment is it lacks sufficient specifics to prevent the incremental attrition which is gradually chipping away at our presumed gun rights. It seems every time a sensational gun-related incident occurs the level of restriction is increased. If this continues it logically follows that in time the American citizen will be permitted to "keep" only one single-shot .22 rifle and "bear" it only to and from a federally supervised shooting range in a locked container.

And as outrageous as that may seem it will conform with our right to keep and bear arms. Because the Second Amendment doesn't say what kind of arms, or how many, or how and where they may be borne.

What part of "they believe it's an infringement on their constitutional rights" is hard to understand?

That's their argument for repeal, it's an infringement on the 2nd amendment rights which would make the law unconstitutional.

I do wish you would read the links I provide, you would be better informed.

You may not beat the ride but you can beat the rap. And if you are unlawfully arrested you can sue. Hell if anyone should be anti-police it should be me. I served 3 years of a five year sentence in the Texas Dept. of Corrections. But I think the police are mostly honest men and women just doing their jobs.

FTR... I was granted a pardon by Gov. Mark White and my records have been expunged.

Yeah I want to spend a decade or more in prison just so I can sue the fucking cops.

And I'm not anti police I just don't trust them and I know they cannot protect me. All the cops do is show up after a crime and collect the blood samples.

Those that disagree with the second amendment have been brainwashed. That is my opinion and I am entitled to it. You are welcome to disagree.

What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?
The problem with the Second Amendment is it lacks sufficient specifics to prevent the incremental attrition which is gradually chipping away at our presumed gun rights. It seems every time a sensational gun-related incident occurs the level of restriction is increased. If this continues it logically follows that in time the American citizen will be permitted to "keep" only one single-shot .22 rifle and "bear" it only to and from a federally supervised shooting range in a locked container.

And as outrageous as that may seem it will conform with our right to keep and bear arms. Because the Second Amendment doesn't say what kind of arms, or how many, or how and where they may be borne.

That will only happen if we allow it to happen.

The government doesn't have any power unless we give it to them.

Yeah I want to spend a decade or more in prison just so I can sue the fucking cops.

And I'm not anti police I just don't trust them and I know they cannot protect me. All the cops do is show up after a crime and collect the blood samples.

The cops simply arrest you they don't put you on trial nor do the hand down punishment.

Don't be such a drama queen!

The cops simply arrest you they don't put you on trial nor do the hand down punishment.

They collect the evidence and run the interrogation. The DA simply uses what the cops provide whether it's true or not.

Cops don't care about guilt innocence or truth all they care about is what can be proven in court.

They collect the evidence and run the interrogation. The DA simply uses what the cops provide whether it's true or not.

Cops don't care about guilt innocence or truth all they care about is what can be proven in court.

Yes and that happens all the time!! :cuckoo:

What part of "they believe it's an infringement on their constitutional rights" is hard to understand?

That's their argument for repeal, it's an infringement on the 2nd amendment rights which would make the law unconstitutional.

I do wish you would read the links I provide, you would be better informed.

Not hard to understand at all. What part of "that does not make it unconstitutional" is hard to understand? They can argue or believe anything they like, but whether or not is it unconstitutional is determined by the courts. Now show me where the courts have said it is unconstitutional and you have something.

You should read the Heller decision, you would be better informed.

Forum List

Back