caroline kennedy -

Shades of Sarah Palin.. :eek: but of course this being a DUmbocrat the left will condone it.

she's just as qualified as Hillary was when she took office I'd say.

Agreed, but that's not a positive.

She's not especially less qualified than most junior Senators. Which is only to say most junior Senators are not qualified to be Senators. The vehemence coming out at her, who has done nothing to deserve it (you hate her for finding school funding?) is silly and baseless.

But the problem is, both of those names only even had a shot at the nomination because of nepotism. On their own with different last names, these women would not be Senators. In terms of merit and a life in public office, she has not earned such a powerful position. And nepotism generally needs to be avoided, not encouraged. We've already had 20 straight years of two families running things and we're not a monarchy.

The woman is totally qualified. Just off the top of my head I can think of eight reasons why she is a good candidate:

Nice hair
Excellent social contacts
Personality
Once knew a President
Thoughly familiar with what fork to use at formal dinners
Inclined not to change things too much
Sat on boards of schools her family funded
Member of a couple state bar associations

The woman is totally qualified. Just off the top of my head I can think of eight reasons why she is a good candidate:

Nice hair
Excellent social contacts
Personality
Once knew a President
Thoughly familiar with what fork to use at formal dinners
Inclined not to change things too much
Sat on boards of schools her family funded
Member of a couple state bar associations
What were McCain's qualification when he became a senator besides being a POW? Also besides having his wifes money, connections, and being at the bottom of his class!

Agreed, but that's not a positive.

She's not especially less qualified than most junior Senators. Which is only to say most junior Senators are not qualified to be Senators. The vehemence coming out at her, who has done nothing to deserve it (you hate her for finding school funding?) is silly and baseless.

But the problem is, both of those names only even had a shot at the nomination because of nepotism. On their own with different last names, these women would not be Senators. In terms of merit and a life in public office, she has not earned such a powerful position. And nepotism generally needs to be avoided, not encouraged. We've already had 20 straight years of two families running things and we're not a monarchy.
Giving the fact that most men usually one have public service and a law degree when they become senators I would say with their qualifications both could become senators without nepotism.

Do you hear a voice saying "you are an idiot!"
Caroline isn't running for VP! If Palin can be governor of Alaska, Caroline can be a senator!

are you sure you didn't hear that whooshing sound? Hypocrite!

And what did Caroline have to say today? ...............

you know, you know, you know, you know, you know
One reporter counted 12 'you knows' in under a minute, and 138 in an interview.

She is a fool and we have had more then enough fools in NY politics.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TyqDnYBQsKw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TyqDnYBQsKw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Luissa said:
How em I hypocrite? You guys will have a problem with whoever they pick because they are a democrat!
i disagree - IF she had actively campaigned for the office, my feelings about her might be different. an appointment by a governor all but guarantees her subsequent passive campaigning, since speaking before crowds, reporters, or tv cameras isn't her strong suit.

she took the easy way out.

i disagree - IF she had actively campaigned for the office, my feelings about her might be different. an appointment by a governor all but guarantees her subsequent passive campaigning, since speaking before crowds, reporters, or tv cameras isn't her strong suit.

she took the easy way out.

it's nothing more or less than an award for helping put obamalama in office. and it's hypocritical because they said Palin had no experience.. She was the Govenor of state. Kennedy is just a rich little brat who feels entitled. that's the hypocrisy.

it's nothing more or less than an award for helping put obamalama in office. and it's hypocritical because they said Palin had no experience.. She was the Govenor of state. Kennedy is just a rich little brat who feels entitled. that's the hypocrisy.

i meant to preface my post by "if you take kennedy at her word, which i don't, then... "

ray charles could see the double standard at play regarding palin and kennedy.

And what did Caroline have to say today? ...............

well you gotta hand that to her, it's a step or two up from ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd!

Yup. Put her and the lop eared hussein together and you'll have....

you know, aaahh, you know, aaahh, you know, aaahh,

I've changed me mind. Caroline Kennedy must be seated. It's only right to seat a whte woman in a Senate seat that's been vacated by a white woman.

i meant to preface my post by "if you take kennedy at her word, which i don't, then... "

ray charles could see the double standard at play regarding palin and kennedy.
Palin was running for VP, Caroline is trying to be a junior senator there is somewhat of a difference.

"Kennedy is an attorney, writer, editor and serves on the boards of numerous non-profit organizations.

From 2002 through 2004, Kennedy worked as director of the Office of Strategic Partnerships for the the New York City Department of Education. The three-day-a week job paid her a salary of $1 and had the goal of raising private money for the New York City public schools.[19] In that capacity, she helped raise more than $65 million for the city’s public schools.[20][3] She currently serves as one of two vice chairs of the board of directors of The Fund for Public Schools, a public-private partnership founded in 2002 to attract private funding for public schools in New York City.[21] According to The Politico, her children attended "one of Manhattan’s most exclusive private schools." [22] She has also served on the board of trustees of Concord Academy, which she attended as a child.[23]

Kennedy and other members of her family created the Profiles in Courage Award in 1989. The award is given to a public official or officials at the federal, state or local level whose actions best demonstrate the qualities of politically courageous leadership in the spirit of John F. Kennedy's book, Profiles in Courage.[24] In addition, Kennedy is currently president of the Kennedy Library Foundation.[3] She is also an adviser to the Harvard Institute of Politics, a living memorial to her father.

She is a member of the New York and Washington, D.C. bar associations. She is also a member of the boards of directors of the Commission on Presidential Debates and the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, and is an honorary chair of the American Ballet Theatre.[24]

Kennedy has represented her family at the funeral services of former Presidents Ronald Reagan in 2004 and Gerald Ford in 2007, and at the funeral service of former First Lady Lady Bird Johnson in 2007. She also represented her family at the dedication of the William J. Clinton Presidential Center and Park in Little Rock, Arkansas in November 2004."

"She graduated from Concord Academy in Massachusetts in 1975,[11] and received her A.B. from Radcliffe College[12] at Harvard University in 1979. She earned a J.D. from Columbia Law School in 1988, graduating in the top ten percent of her class, several weeks before giving birth to her first child.[13]"

"Kennedy and Ellen Alderman have written two books together on civil liberties:

In Our Defense: The Bill of Rights In Action (1991)[46]
The Right to Privacy (1995)[46]
On her own, she has edited these New York Times best-selling volumes:

The Best-Loved Poems of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis (2001)[46]
Profiles in Courage for Our Time (2002)[46]
A Patriot’s Handbook (2003)[46]
A Family of Poems: My Favorite Poetry for Children (2005)[46]
She is also the author of A Family Christmas a collection of poems, prose and personal notes from her family history"

Caroline Kennedy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tell me again how she is not more qualified then most junior senators! You guys are not going to like anyone they pick because it will be a liberal, since they are filling the seat of democrat with another democrat.Wow big freakin surprise!

I agree with you, Luissa. I believe she will represent NY well and be more gracious than most politicians in the process. New York can always vote her out in two years if they lose faith in her ability to represent them.

LOL yeah right.

I do wonder this though, I wonder if Sweet Caroline has her father's affection for sex?

We know the boy did.

Forum List

Back