"Captain Marvel" Crosses $1 Billion Mark

james bond

Gold Member
Oct 17, 2015
I haven't seen it yet. Out of the 19 before it that have garnered $1 B at the box office, I've only seen...

Avatar, Titanic, The Avengers, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2, Iron Man 3, Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, Skyfall, The Dark Knight Rises, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, Toy Story 3, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Jurassic Park, Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace, The Dark Knight

Am getting old ;).

19 Movies That Have Made Over $1 Billion at the Box Office

Which ones have you seen? Which one should have hit $1 B?

Despite fanboy (and other misguided souls) efforts to derail the film prior to its release, the film is a solid Marvel origin story, faithful to comic canon (mostly) and one of Marvel's best efforts to date.

I'm glad to see it standing on its own (feminine) feet. 'Captain Marvel' rocks.

Despite fanboy (and other misguided souls) efforts to derail the film prior to its release, the film is a solid Marvel origin story, faithful to comic canon (mostly) and one of Marvel's best efforts to date.

I'm glad to see it standing on its own (feminine) feet. 'Captain Marvel' rocks.

All right. It's still playing at my local drive-in so will catch it this weekend.

I haven't seen it yet. Out of the 19 before it that have garnered $1 B at the box office, I've only seen...

Avatar, Titanic, The Avengers, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2, Iron Man 3, Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, Skyfall, The Dark Knight Rises, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, Toy Story 3, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Jurassic Park, Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace, The Dark Knight

Am getting old ;).

The movie wasn't very good

How people can watch the vast majority of DRECK like this that comes out of Hollywood today is beyond me.

How people can watch the vast majority of DRECK like this that comes out of Hollywood today is beyond me.

Instead, we should focus on classics like ... D.W. Griffith's 'Birth of a Nation'.

hero_EB20030330REVIEWS08303300301AR.jpg

1915's 'feel good KKK movie'.

Hey, I have an idea!

Why don't we all watch what we like and not worry about what other folks are watching?

Hey, I have an idea!

Why don't we all watch what we like and not worry about what other folks are watching?

Hey, I have an idea!

Why doesn't Hollywood put out some decent, quality movies for a change that are just not an attempt to placate SJW's and promote a far left narrative? And stop using CGI so much to save money. It looks like a CARTOON!

Hey, I have an idea!

Hey, I have an idea!

Why doesn't Hollywood put out some decent, quality movies for a change that are just not an attempt to placate SJW's and promote a far left narrative? And stop using CGI so much to save money. It looks like a CARTOON!
Hey! I have an idea!

Don't like 'em?

Don't watch 'em!

Hey, I have an idea!

Hey, I have an idea!

Hey, I have an idea!

Hey! I have an idea!

Don't like 'em?

Don't watch 'em!

I don't watch them. I don't watch hardly anything that comes out of hypocrite Hollywood in recent years. They are disgusting.

Hey, I have an idea!

Hey, I have an idea!

Hey, I have an idea!

Hey! I have an idea!

Don't like 'em?

Don't watch 'em!

I don't watch them. I don't watch hardly anything that comes out of hypocrite Hollywood in recent years. They are disgusting.
There ya go, problem solved.

Am getting old ;).

I'm sort of proud I never saw any of those movies in the expensive theaters.

I just chose Captain Marvel because it's popular. It helps to converse with new people you meet. It just follows the trend. I don't go just because a movie is popular, but if it's interesting and something you want to see. It may be the director. It may be the story. It may be artsy or a certain genre. You are right in that people get caught up in the hype as the movie companies and theaters specifically tailor their previews to the crowd a certain movie pulls in. Maybe we all fit a certain type. You could be more one who rejects convention.

Hey, I have an idea!

Hey, I have an idea!

Hey, I have an idea!

Hey! I have an idea!

Don't like 'em?

Don't watch 'em!

I just chose Captain Marvel because it's popular. It helps to converse with new people you meet. It just follows the trend. I don't go just because a movie is popular, but if it's interesting and something you want to see. It may be the director. It may be the story. It may be artsy or a certain genre. You are right in that people get caught up in the hype as the movie companies and theaters specifically tailor their previews to the crowd a certain movie pulls in. Maybe we all fit a certain type. You could be more one who rejects convention.

I am all for choices, and maybe it is my age, because over the years I have seen some really quality stuff. Today, it is all about the money, and the over use of CGI just annoys me. I am not saying nothing is entertaining, but the level of quality seems to have degraded.significantly. YMMV.

Forum List

Back