Capitalism/Misanthropia: A Dry Dialogue!

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Here's a mock dialogue between Grendel (a fictional dragon-creature 'Devil's Advocate') and Superman (the celebrated American comic book superhero signifying patriotism) about the metaphysics concerns surrounding piracy-based decision-making as it relates to the 'elements of capitalism theory.'

How can we coordinate capitalism-idealism with fascism-paranoia?

Signing off,

====

GRENDEL: You seem pensive/anxious about anarchy...
SUPERMAN: I don't like conditions where fear reigns over friendship.
GRENDEL: Are you referring to mayhem, malice, and misanthropia?
SUPERMAN: Sure, but I'm also referring to humiliation and brutality!
GRENDEL: Chaos is meant to 'guide' us towards civil governance...
SUPERMAN: I disagree that disorder is a 'compass' for understanding navigation.
GRENDEL: What about fire? Fire shows us the reality of uncontrollable magic!
SUPERMAN: Fire is contrasted by water, which reminds us of general hygiene.
GRENDEL: Are you implying that fire is somehow 'dirty'?
SUPERMAN: The unbearable heat and unpredictability of fire makes it a dangerous element.
GRENDEL: Are you serious? The floods of water-borne hurricanes reminds us that danger is everywhere!
SUPERMAN: If danger was simply unavoidable, civilization would not build monuments to networking.
GRENDEL: If you're referring to Wall Street, I assure you that even in contract-gauged 'realms' piracy exists.
SUPERMAN: Where there is arson, there is a firefighter ready to defend the values of civil behaviors.
GRENDEL: Maybe we should build theme-parks/zoos for 'beasts of chaos' (e.g., the Jersey Devil)!
SUPERMAN: That kind of 'campfire-metaphysics' would surely be better than a 'wild planet.'
GRENDEL: Imagine a dragon (like me) who breathes fire but is completely blind...
SUPERMAN: Such a creature would signify only malice and domination (not intelligence).
GRENDEL: Why not deify A.I. (robots) slave-labor then?
SUPERMAN: That might lead to vanity, but perhaps we can agree that capitalism creates 'walls.'
GRENDEL: Agreed.

====

dr.jpg

Forum List

Back