Melania vs. Lubdan: Breakfast Dianetics

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Here's a mock-dialogue between U.S. First Lady Melania Trump and the fictional horror-film monster Lubdan the Leprechaun (an impish Devil's Advocate signifying risk-mischief) about 'consumerism values' and the social wisdom of marketing/endorsing the consumerism-symbolic Lucky Charms breakfast cereal (a cereal which features a colorful leprechaun named 'Lucky' as its marketing mascot/avatar).

How should we coordinate 'consumerism ethos' with capitalism-defense?

Signing off,

breakfast.jpg

====

MELANIA: You seem extremely cynical about consumerism and commerce!
LUBDAN: I'm merely a 'Devil's Advocate,' my dear First Lady...
MELANIA: Are you an 'adversary' of 'TrumpUSA,' Lubdan?
LUBDAN: I'm a 'Shakespearean villain,' Melania (that's my curse!).
MELANIA: I suppose you're some kind of Atheist...
LUBDAN: I submit to the 'higher-forces' of free-will, chance, and piracy.
MELANIA: A pirate is a gold-digger, and you're a mischievous leprechaun (nothing more).
LUBDAN: I'm more than just a 'leprechaun,' and I'm less than an 'angel.'
MELANIA: Is your 'message' "Capitalism is a pure gambling game!"?
LUBDAN: Would I be completely erroneous if that were my message, Mrs. Trump?
MELANIA: My husband (the President) was a capitalism-mogul, and now he's a capitalism-diplomat.
LUBDAN: Donald Trump is the first celebrity-president since Ronald Reagan (who gave us Reaganomics).
MELANIA: I suppose you imply that President Trump will supply us with some 'flawed' 'Trumponomics.'
LUBDAN: Just imagine --- "Trumponomics: A System for Risk Piracy in North Korea!"
MELANIA: The U.S. government is working with South Korea to ensure peaceful trade-relations in that area.
LUBDAN: Do you really think commerce will avert global warfare? With what? Lucky Charms cereal?
MELANIA: What's wrong with Lucky Charms breakfast cereal (which features a colorful leprechaun!).
LUBDAN: Oh, you're 'shocked' I'm not giddy about Lucky Charms, since I'm a leprechaun...
MELANIA: What would happen if the World Bank succumbed to terrorism?
LUBDAN: I suppose Wal-Mart would be wary of carrying Lucky Charms on its shelves...
MELANIA: Cynicism towards commerce in the modern age is pure foolishness, Lubdan.
LUBDAN: I have nothing against 'idealism,' but consumerism just might generate a 'Resource Cold War.'

====

:dance:

Forum List

Back