Capitalism Guarantees Rising Inequality

Discussion in 'Politics' started by georgephillip, Jan 20, 2014.

1. dnsmith35

dnsmith35 Take me as I am

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Do you really believe that independent candidates are any more immune to corruption than Jackasses or Elephants?

If you really want to elect good Senators or Presidents we need to revert to the original method, that being MAKE ELECTIONS LOCAL AGAIN. We are more likely to know the crooks within our small congressional district than from the entire state and definitely on a national level. State legislatures are capable of appointing senators and electors for the electoral college than voters are based on more intimate knowledge of the candidates, especially on a national level.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  2. dnsmith35

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +84
    As anyone with a brain can determine, the top .01% is the super high income earners, but not from wages, from stock value. I believe that people who complain about how much they make refuse to understand that their investments put money into the hands of job creators.

[​IMG]

The graph above shows us in concrete understanding, that the people who invest the most in America get the highest returns. That being the case it is essential that the nay sayer's recognize that even with the top 50% paying all the federal income taxes, it is the top tier which creates more jobs through their investment. I do believe the rich should pay more taxes than the less wealth, but I also recognize that every $$$ taken from the rich is lost to investment.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  3. dnsmith35

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +84
    The link below from the BLS tells us who actually earns minimum wage.

Characteristics of Minimum Wage Workers: 2012

Minimum wage workers tend to be young. Although workers under age 25 represented only about one-fifth of hourly paid workers, they made up about half of those paid the Federal minimum wage or less. Among employed teenagers paid by the hour, about 21 percent earned the minimum wage or less, compared with about 3 percent of workers age 25 and over. (those paid less are persons who work for tips in addition to their wage.)

Among hourly paid workers age 16 and over, about 10 percent of those who had less than a high school diploma earned the federal minimum wage or less, compared with about 4 percent of those who had a high school diploma (with no college)

The industry with the highest proportion of workers with hourly wages at or below the federal minimum wage was leisure and hospitality (about 19 percent). About half of all workers paid at or below the federal minimum wage were employed in this industry, the vast majority in restaurants and other food services. For many of these workers, tips and commissions supplement the hourly wages received.​

Based on the BLS statistics and the general consensus of economic studies, people who earn the minimum wage tend not to have sufficient skills and/or education to perform at a higher level.

4. dnsmith35

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Harvard’s Lawrence Katz has calculated that even if all the gains of the top 1% were redistributed to the 99%, household incomes would go up by less than half of what they would if everyone had a college degree. In other words, the financial rewards of higher education are a big contributor to the income gap.

5. dnsmith35

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Looks like G.P. has finally realize he was wrong the whole time.