candidate for senate says his wife beating conviction proves guts and integrity

And now the real story...

...argued that his continued denial of the charge shows his political integrity. “The fact that I have been jailed repeatedly for not agreeing to admit to something I didn’t do should speak to the fact of how much guts and integrity I have.

See, it's still funny when you're honest :)

• Banned
The real story is he thinks its gutsy and proves he has integrity for fighting a conviction for abusing his wife who divorced his worthless ass after the fact.If he was convicted means she obviously testified against him or there was overwhelming evidence that he abused her.

• Banned
He fought the conviction until 2004, when it was affirmed by the Maine Supreme Judicial Court, which ruled that “the court did not commit clear error or abuse its discretion in excluding irrelevant evidence at trial,” and that “sufficient evidence does exist in the record to support his conviction.”

Still, Bennett claims he is innocent and said the justice system is stacked against alleged attackers in domestic violence cases. When asked about his specific case, he said he was “railroaded” by the court after declining to accept a plea agreement.

• Banned
Bennett said Collins had supported laws that made it easier for victims to obtain convictions, but would not give any specific examples of which laws. He said he could provide specific information at a later date. - Bangor Daily News, 12/30/13

What a fucking idiot. He hates Collins because she has made it easier to put a scumbag like himself an abuser of women behind bars...wow...another top notch contender for the republicans.

He's fighting a phony charge. That does show that he isn't one to give up and slink away under a rock.

Collins talks and acts like she has been thumped a few times herself! She's barely better than having a dumbass democrat in office!

Bennett’s comments fuel growing Republican unease with his candidacy. He posted a slew of offensive Facebook comments in December, including one calling Rep. Mike Michaud (D- Maine) a “closet homo.”

“I find those comments personally reprehensible, and I’ve heard people from across the political spectrum in Maine who share their abhorrence with those views,” GOP Chairman Rick Bennett, who is not related to the primary challenger, told Bangor Daily News last month, referring to the Facebook posts. “They do not represent the views of the Republican Party.

:clap:

Outstanding.

Forum List

Back