Canadian Supermodel, 105 Pounds, Told She's Too Fat

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
The Sun) - A top Canadian model weighing 105 pounds says she was turned down for catwalk work for being too fat, The Sun reported Thursday. Former Vogue cover girl Coco Rocha, 21, is a U.S. size two in clothing.

But she said: "I'm not in demand for shows any more. I've been told to lose weight even though I am really skinny."

Rocha’s revelation reignited the controversy over rake-thin models who are often copied by vulnerable young girls. The fashion industry moved away from U.S. size zero catwalk queens following the deaths of two anorexic model sisters in Uruguay in 2006 and 2007.
And models considered too skeletal are banned at the current London Fashion Week.

But the trend is returning, with designer Karl Lagerfeld accusing critics of being "fat mummies who sit with bags of potato crisps."

Rocha, who has appeared on a host of magazine covers and has modeled for Chanel, plans to defy it. She said in New York: "You know what, I've stopped caring. If I want a hamburger, I'm going to have one.

"Everybody knows that in general a model needs to be skinny. But how skinny is too skinny?"

I have always figured that it is because designers are mainly gay, so they design for the boyish figure. While designers are welcome to hire whoever they see fit, what kind of message are we giving to young girls with this sort of irresponsible behavior?

I agree. And as much as I love "Chanel", Karl Lagerfeld needs to STFU, or retire. According to the article the fashion industry has moved away from zero models. Lagerfeld must not have gotten the memo.

I don't know about fat but there are a couple of other issues she may want to address.

Attachments

• $coco-rocha-vogue-may-little-mermaid.jpg
    $coco-rocha-vogue-may-little-mermaid.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 80
The Sun) - A top Canadian model weighing 105 pounds says she was turned down for catwalk work for being too fat, The Sun reported Thursday. Former Vogue cover girl Coco Rocha, 21, is a U.S. size two in clothing.

But she said: "I'm not in demand for shows any more. I've been told to lose weight even though I am really skinny."

Rocha’s revelation reignited the controversy over rake-thin models who are often copied by vulnerable young girls. The fashion industry moved away from U.S. size zero catwalk queens following the deaths of two anorexic model sisters in Uruguay in 2006 and 2007.
And models considered too skeletal are banned at the current London Fashion Week.

But the trend is returning, with designer Karl Lagerfeld accusing critics of being "fat mummies who sit with bags of potato crisps."

Rocha, who has appeared on a host of magazine covers and has modeled for Chanel, plans to defy it. She said in New York: "You know what, I've stopped caring. If I want a hamburger, I'm going to have one.

"Everybody knows that in general a model needs to be skinny. But how skinny is too skinny?"

What this article failed to tell you is that she is only 2 feet 2 inches tall.

So, yeah...she's too fat.

Forum List

Back