Canadian Michael Spavor sentenced to 11 years in prison, ordered deported by Chinese court

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
This really angers me, even though so far I've been given a 30 year sentence in my own country, any injustice demands a response. This guy doesn't deserve this. Just as China doesn't deserve the Olympics, nor a free pass on the Wuhan Virus.

There is still Michael #2 to be sentenced. You can bet that all of this depends on the Meng case.

Canadian Michael Spavor has been found guilty and sentenced to 11 years in prison by a Chinese court in a verdict that will further test the strained relationship between the Canadian and Chinese governments.

Spavor is also being ordered deported by the court, though it is not immediately clear if that will happen before or after the 11 year prison sentence is served.

He was convicted of spying and illegally providing state secrets to other countries.

The verdict and sentencing mark a significant new development in Spavor's journey through the Chinese legal system, which Ottawa and other observers have decried for a perceived lack of transparency.

Ottawa has called repeatedly on the Chinese government to release Spavor and fellow Canadian Michael Kovrig, who were both detained in what is widely seen as an act of retaliation following the arrest of the Chinese business executive Meng Wanzhou in Vancouver.

And yet Canada INSISTS on bedding with China.

Don't lump me in with Canadians. There was a time I was willing to die for my country. It seems I am just a subject to be abused though, so wisely I suppose, I didn't pursue it. I am Canadian by birth only, not in spirit or character...

I ear ya.

I would love to spend time in the beautiful Canadian mountains but....
Now Canada won't let you in without a VAX certificate. I hope their tourism dries up.
Seems America is being dragged down the same sewer pipe and Americans are weak pussies all the way as well, even with their guns.

Canada is falling ...the scum, greedy disgusting politicians over there, have sold the country to Communist China.

Karma, please punish these evil scum. NOW

Now.

What did you do to get sentenced to 30 years?

It will be more than 30, it will be for the rest of my life since the time I was young. In a country that is in possibly the most steep decline as any on earth, they feel quite emboldened to do as they please to citizens. You have a few agents in the police apparatus in America who feel the same way as some of these liars here, they will drag your nation down as well if you allow it.

As shown from this story this decline in Canada is not just impacting the lives of those who are stuck here, but also those who try to pursue their dreams elsewhere (in this case, in China). We have lost credibility in Europe, Asia and I guarantee in the circles of those who are well informed in America. We have a target on our backs because the higher moral ground we used to be able to take is no longer our domain.

The key take away for you from my existence: Canada is not your ally. I blew the whistle on the abusers in this country and it has cost me. From the Toronto Police Services to the RCMP, we have a rampant corrupt system of abusers, and these abusers are unaccountable both to us and to you. Our politicians are left alone in exchange for excessively funding this apparatus that covertly operates against citizens, businesses and our communities.

Many of us don't have charges or allegations, it doesn't matter, any more than it mattered to citizens living in East Germany. We experience the same fate. In time, we will lose our status in the G7.

Britain just lost H.K without a shot fired, the decline of the Commonwealth is essentially inevitable. Unfortunately, we've influenced you and dragged you down along the way. Just as many Americans have in dealing with China, some in your police apparatus happily allow this assured decline so as long as they are doing fine. Without Goodwill and a reputation for standing for civil liberties, Americas influence will disappear. This is why you CANNOT become like us.

If you are looking to maintain U.S influence on the world, it must be conducted by allying with different nations than you have in the post-war years. Instead of looking to copy some of the methods from countries like Canada (some of your police most certainly have cross-border relations which are poisonous to U.S interests and citizens liberty), you should look to more civilized, free nations such as Japan, Taiwan and to a lesser extent India or Australia.

You are also going to have to find some common ground with key members of the E.U, those who are supporting civil liberty at home and who firmly believe in freedom and capitalism. Focus on those nations you know defend vigourously their citizens rights, not those who just engage in P.R campaigns.

Last edited:
It will be more than 30, it will be for the rest of my life since the time I was young. In a country that is in possibly the most steep decline as any on earth, they feel quite emboldened to do as they please to citizens. You have a few agents in the police apparatus in America who feel the same way as some of these liars here, they will drag your nation down as well if you allow it.

As shown from this story this decline in Canada is not just impacting the lives of those who are stuck here, but also those who try to pursue their dreams elsewhere (in this case, in China). We have lost credibility in Europe, Asia and I guarantee in the circles of those who are well informed in America. We have a target on our backs because the higher moral ground we used to be able to take is no longer our domain.

The key take away for you from my existence: Canada is not your ally. I blew the whistle on the abusers in this country and it has cost me. From the Toronto Police Services to the RCMP, we have a rampant corrupt system of abusers, and these abusers are unaccountable both to us and to you. Our politicians are left alone in exchange for excessively funding this apparatus that covertly operates against citizens, businesses and our communities.

Many of us don't have charges or allegations, it doesn't matter, any more than it mattered to citizens living in East Germany. We experience the same fate. In time, we will lose our status in the G7.

Britain just lost H.K without a shot fired, the decline of the Commonwealth is essentially inevitable. Unfortunately, we've influenced you and dragged you down along the way. Just as many Americans have in dealing with China, some in your police apparatus happily allow this assured decline so as long as they are doing fine. Without Goodwill and a reputation for standing for civil liberties, Americas influence will disappear. This is why you CANNOT become like us.

If you are looking to maintain U.S influence on the world, it must be conducted by allying with different nations than you have in the post-war years. Instead of looking to copy some of the methods from countries like Canada (some of your police most certainly have cross-border relations which are poisonous to U.S interests and citizens liberty), you should look to more civilized, free nations such as Japan, Taiwan and to a lesser extent India or Australia.

You are also going to have to find some common ground with key members of the E.U, those who are supporting civil liberty at home and who firmly believe in freedom and capitalism. Focus on those nations you know defend vigourously their citizens rights, not those who just engage in P.R campaigns.
I have been saying for some time that we should just take Canada....what's to stop us? If Putin can walk into Crimea and simply own it the same applies.

JO

Forum List

Back