Canadian Aircraft Manufacturer Popular at Farnborough Air Show.

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
bombardier-c-series.jpg

Who here in the USA even knows that Canada makes aircraft? We know a lot of popular passenger planes Airbus come from Europe. But, Canada? So, I did my usual Wiki search and came up with information that Bombadier is the 3rd largest. I also learned that the maker of my favorite aircraft, de Havilland, is out of business.

300px-RAAF_Caribou_Vabre.jpg

Read more @ Bombardier reaps multiple orders at Farnborough Airshow - Business - CBC News

For business jets, you have many manufacturers. Embraer in Brazil is another example. However when it comes to long range commercial airplanes (747, 777, A340, A380 .. etc), there are only two players, Boeing and Airbus.

I remember the CF 105 Arrow. It was an original aircraft, typical of the the Canadians, no funding killed it. Of course there is Bombardier.

Last edited:
When I was a mechanic with SkyWest I worked on both Brazilian EMB-120's and Canadair CRJ-200's.

The newer glass cockpit CRJ's were easier to work on because they had a "Maintenance Mode" in the displays that you could get into.

Actually the B787 was the most popular at the airshow..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va5HGMlRSdQ]Boeing's 787-9 Dreamliner very impressive performance Farnborough Airshow 2014 - YouTube[/ame]

Although you are correct who in the hell would have guess that the Canadians could build an airplane. :)))

Forum List

Back