Canada’s health care system

Actually, it is 0.8% of those receiving medical treatment, so the answer is smaller.

What is the percentage who are not able to receive the appropriate treatment in the US? I bet its higher than 0.8%.

What happens if you have cancer and cannot afford the treatments?
I have recent personal experience in this area, pal.

My friend got the best care that she could get, despite her lack of insurance.

You really oughtta consider the possibility that someone with real-life experience might run into your collectivist talking point.

The real life experience of a person with cancer who can't work to pay for insurance premiums?

You are the one with no real life experience.
Fuck you, you heartless shitheel fucking prick.

And I thought it wasn't possible to have less respect for your sorry useless excuse for a skidmark existence.

More often than not, those with no or inadequate coverage aren't diagnosed until late stages, when a remission or cure is unlikely. And those with insurance aren't necessarily better off.

Recently had a relatively young man (late 40's) diagnosed with a rare form of lymphoma. It was aggressively treated and dear God, the treatments tore him up. He was in the hospital repeatedly and for extended stays, getting his chemo and then recovering from the complications of treatment. He came close to dying many times. He'd worked hard all his life, had saved up and had his own home. He took FMLA leave to protect his job while he was going through all of this. In a way, he was lucky to have been diagnosed at the end of last year, so he was able to piggyback 2 leaves extending into early spring of this year.

In any case, the treatments worked. He was in remission, and there was no sign of residual disease. Not long before his last discharge and ONE fucking day after his FMLA leave for this year was used up, his boss notified him he was fired. He had used up all his savings. He no longer had health insurance, nor was he eligible for another policy. The last time I saw him his home was being foreclosed. He had lost everything he'd worked for all those years... savings, home, retirement. He was devastated and lashed out at those who dared to tell him he was fortunate to have survived. "For what???"

This isn't uncommon. I've seen it happen time and again. It's a goddamned fucking shame that in a country as rich as this people are going without adequate healthcare, and losing everything because they happen to get sick. It's bullshit.

Our country is rich ? Really ? :eek:

I have recent personal experience in this area, pal.

My friend got the best care that she could get, despite her lack of insurance.

You really oughtta consider the possibility that someone with real-life experience might run into your collectivist talking point.

The real life experience of a person with cancer who can't work to pay for insurance premiums?

And I thought it wasn't possible to have less respect for your sorry useless excuse for a skidmark existence.

Your typical classy response.

Many people die in this country every day because they can't afford healthcare.

Hopefully, you'll be next.

What would you know about class, shitstain??

My friend died and there wasn't anything all the "healthcare" in the goddamn world could've done to stop that inevitability.

You're easliy the lowest form of scum posting at this forum.

More often than not, those with no or inadequate coverage aren't diagnosed until late stages, when a remission or cure is unlikely. And those with insurance aren't necessarily better off.

Recently had a relatively young man (late 40's) diagnosed with a rare form of lymphoma. It was aggressively treated and dear God, the treatments tore him up. He was in the hospital repeatedly and for extended stays, getting his chemo and then recovering from the complications of treatment. He came close to dying many times. He'd worked hard all his life, had saved up and had his own home. He took FMLA leave to protect his job while he was going through all of this. In a way, he was lucky to have been diagnosed at the end of last year, so he was able to piggyback 2 leaves extending into early spring of this year.

In any case, the treatments worked. He was in remission, and there was no sign of residual disease. Not long before his last discharge and ONE fucking day after his FMLA leave for this year was used up, his boss notified him he was fired. He had used up all his savings. He no longer had health insurance, nor was he eligible for another policy. The last time I saw him his home was being foreclosed. He had lost everything he'd worked for all those years... savings, home, retirement. He was devastated and lashed out at those who dared to tell him he was fortunate to have survived. "For what???"

This isn't uncommon. I've seen it happen time and again. It's a goddamned fucking shame that in a country as rich as this people are going without adequate healthcare, and losing everything because they happen to get sick. It's bullshit.

Our country is rich ? Really ? :eek:

Yes. Rich enough that no one should go without routine preventative/maintenance healthcare or lose everything because they get sick.

I want to go to DC and kick every Dem's ass for pissing around and not getting this passed. To hell with reconciliation and reaching across the aisle. I told y'all what the hell they should have done from the beginning.

There are some. But not MANY. I've been a caseworker for years, have had exactly two ppl who came in sick who because they didn't have kids in the home couldn't get any of our programs.

One worked and had worked all his life. He applied for disability, and eventually got it.

The other never has worked. It never occurred to her to apply for disability or SSI. The one who had worked was getting his treatment, even before his disability kicked in. It hurt, but nobody was denying him treatment. And he continued to work when he was able.

The other won't provide for herself. For whatever reason...I referred her to OHSU, told her to apply for disability and told her good luck. Will she do it? Probably not. Her choice.

Last edited:
Yes. Rich enough that no one should go without routine preventative/maintenance healthcare or lose everything because they get sick.

I want to go to DC and kick every Dem's ass for pissing around and not getting this passed. To hell with reconciliation and reaching across the aisle. I told y'all what the hell they should have done from the beginning.
Then break open the wallet.

Your auto insurance doesn't cover oil changes. And even if if did, the grease monkey at Grease Monkey can't tell you when your tranny might go to hell.

Life's tough...Shit happens...Wear a fucking helmet.

I'll pay more in taxes for universal coverage. No problem.

As will I.

If our country is so rich, the why do we owe everyone else a fortune?

Because Ronald Reagan and George Bush cut the marginal tax rate for the rich and wasted our money on ridiculous military expenditures.

Well, we are not rich then, because when you have to borrow money, you have none. So, we are not a rich country, plain and simple.

Don't even try to slide that weak-assed shit by me.

You want a service YOU pay for it.

If our country is so rich, the why do we owe everyone else a fortune?

Because Ronald Reagan and George Bush cut the marginal tax rate for the rich and wasted our money on ridiculous military expenditures.

Well, we are not rich then, because when you have to borrow money, you have none. So, we are not a rich country, plain and simple.

We are a very rich country, but we are squandering our resources on useless things and ignoring the things that are important like education, healthcare, and clean energy.

We are a very rich country, but we are squandering our resources on useless things and ignoring the things that are important like education, healthcare, and clean energy.

And we'd be considerably richer if we weren't spending nearly 18% of our GDP to line the pockets of the health insurance and pharma industries.

And we'd be considerably richer if we weren't spending nearly 18% of our GDP to line the pockets of the health insurance and pharma industries.

:clap2:

Forum List

Back