Canada Begins Invalidating Passports Of Citizens Who Have Left To Join Extremist Groups

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Every country whose people left to join these terrorists groups should be doing the same.

Canada begins invalidating passports of citizens who have left to join extremist groups

BY POSTMEDIA NEWS SEPTEMBER 20, 2014

10222239.jpg

Canada's Citizenship and Immigration Minister, Chris Alexander speaks after unveiling changes to Canada's Citizenship Act in Toronto on Thursday February 6, 2014. THE CANADIAN PRESS/ Frank Gunn ORG XMIT: FNG102
Photograph by: The Canadian Press/Files

The government has begun invalidating the passports of Canadians who have left to join extremist groups in Syria and Iraq, Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander has said in an interview.

The minister told Postmedia News his department had also revoked the passports of several Canadians who had not yet left the country but who had intended to travel to the volatile region to enlist as foreign fighters.

He would not disclose the number of passports Citizenship and Immigration Canada had revoked over the conflict but said there were “multiple cases.” The government says about 30 Canadians are with extremist groups in Syria and 130 are active elsewhere.

Read more

:Canada begins invalidating passports of citizens who have left to join extremist groups

what does 'invalidate passport" mean? does it mean they cannot return to Canada?

Surely The Great Compassionate Obama will extend a hearty welcome to those displaced Canadians and give them at least temporary housing in some of the extra rooms in the (former) White House! So they can be close to their work....

thanks for your macabre input. Now be a good boy and climb up on a high tree and throw water balloons and raw eggs at pedestrians below---------and emit sounds
associated with Demon types.

what does 'invalidate passport" mean? does it mean they cannot return to Canada?

Something along those lines I imagine, yes! :thup:

Good on Canada! All civilizated countries should follow that example!

Fuck Canada.

Worthless pissants.

Hey hey hey!

I think I'm worth something at the end of the day. And truly we have awesome beer. Great donuts. Timmy's to die for.

Hockey. Well my uncle was Dave Keon so I stick to the old 6.

Funniest dudes ever. AND AND AND Bob and Doug.

Surely The Great Compassionate Obama will extend a hearty welcome to those displaced Canadians and give them at least temporary housing in some of the extra rooms in the (former) White House! So they can be close to their work....

irosie91 said:
thanks for your macabre input. Now be a good boy and climb up on a high tree and throw water balloons and raw eggs at pedestrians below---------and emit sounds

associated with Demon types.

That doesn't even make sense.

And from you, no less: go figure.

The minister told Postmedia News his department had also revoked the passports of several Canadians who had not yet left the country but who had intended to travel to the volatile region to enlist as foreign fighters.

Idiot, Idiot, Idiot. Why keep them trapped in Canada. Let them go and only THEN revoke their passports.

Otherwise, kudos for Canada. They've been doing a pretty good job of looking after Canadian interests. The amount of politically incorrect thought and positions which come out of their Citizenship Department is like a breath of fresh air.

good point RIK-----in fact I SUPPORT A DRIVE TO PROVIDE FUNDS FOR PLANE TICKETS TO ****THE CALIPHATE*****
LETS CALL IT ((* OPERATION MAGIC
CARPET *))

Fuck Canada.

Worthless pissants.

Hey hey hey!

I think I'm worth something at the end of the day. And truly we have awesome beer. Great donuts. Timmy's to die for.

Hockey. Well my uncle was Dave Keon so I stick to the old 6.

Funniest dudes ever. AND AND AND Bob and Doug.

I didn't know you were a Canadian, TinyDancer. My husband's great great uncle was the first French speaking Prime Minister up there. When we were up in Vancouver, my husband was surprised to see his uncle on the five dollar bill.

Forum List

Back