Can you reduce the amount of time that one can post before posting again?

• Banned
What is it set at now?

I'm not sure but on numerous occasions, I get a message telling me that I have to wait another 10 or 15 seconds to post. Maybe you could reduce it by 15 seconds. What's the purpose of the delay?

What is it set at now?

I'm not sure but on numerous occasions, I get a message telling me that I have to wait another 10 or 15 seconds to post. Maybe you could reduce it by 15 seconds. What's the purpose of the delay?

I am not sure. Maybe to prevent overload but that doesn't make sense either.
I cannot make those type changes. Only Admin can.

What is it set at now?

It's 30 seconds, I believe, and someone told me once it's to slow down spammers? Don't know if that was from back when we were getting those Chinese spam invasions or if it applies to our resident trollers? Hearing from anyone here every thirty seconds is plenty, imo. It ought to take you that long to read, think about and reply to a post anyway.

• Banned

Thanks for the feedback. Perhaps you could ask them to consider reducing the time or eliminating it entirely.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
  • Banned
Hearing from anyone here every thirty seconds is plenty, imo.

Why not make it 60 seconds? How about 90? It's as if you're sitting at a table having a conversation and, when you want to respond, your mouth won't function because it's required to wait. On second thought, that might not be such a bad idea! ;)

Hearing from anyone here every thirty seconds is plenty, imo.

Why not make it 60 seconds? How about 90? It's as if you're sitting at a table having a conversation and, when you want to respond, your mouth won't function because it's required to wait. On second thought, that might not be such a bad idea! ;)
See that? There's a silver lining to everything.

I call it the cool down ticker...leave it be....gives a guy a chance to think twice.... :dunno:

How dare you defy me! Reported!
Sorry Buck....

1616994397421.png

What is it set at now?

The between posts delay is designed to help the server handle the unexpected high flow of requests made upon it.

Administrator/Owner decide on the setting that should meet the server traffic rate number which are normally shown in the ADMIN PAGE WINDOW.

The wait time is to stop flooding of posts. We get noobs that post nonsense posts with links to wherever..nonstop. Having to wait gives staff time to ban the person and delete the spam threads.

Thanks for your consideration.
To me it is a warning not to post what I am about to ,usually in a lil tiffy. Sure enough mostly correct. Keep the hazard button. Thank You delete button...lol

One can't wait 30 sec to post again including writing the dern thang?

What is it set at now?

The between posts delay is designed to help the server handle the unexpected high flow of requests made upon it.

Administrator/Owner decide on the setting that should meet the server traffic rate number which are normally shown in the ADMIN PAGE WINDOW.
Maybe a couple more hamsters and spin wheels can up the server capacity.

Forum List

Back