Zone1 Can you block ignored posters from participating in a thread?

Lol, how do you know they are shifting all over a thread if they are on ignore? If ya want complete control over a conversation ya might as well talk to a wall. You won't get in any arguments that way. If ya do make a reservation at the nearest funny farm.
They shit all over the thread, resulting in other posters giving up.

They shit all over the thread, resulting in other posters giving up.
So what is your solution? Lol, ya want control over what people say? Don't reply to the shit head and only reply to the people who are discussing logically. Lol, people are going to say things you don't like. That is the way it is deal with it.

So what is your solution? Lol, ya want control over what people say? Don't reply to the shit head and only reply to the people who are discussing logically. Lol, people are going to say things you don't like. That is the way it is deal with it.
My solution? Ban the trolls.

My solution? Ban the trolls.
Lol, who gets to decide who the trolls are and are not? This is a debate site not an affirmation site. There are trolls everywhere. Ya want someone to agree with all the time? Let me know when ya find it. I have never come across anyone like that.

Can you block ignored posters from participating in a thread?​

No. Just IGNORE them.

Or just report them for constantly being disrupting?
You can try that. Report them for trolling, personal attacks with no contribution to the topic. But if you have them on Iggy, how do you know they are trolling you and you won't see their being blocked/removed.

No. Just IGNORE them.

You can try that. Report them for trolling, personal attacks with no contribution to the topic. But if you have them on Iggy, how do you know they are trolling you and you won't see their being blocked/removed.
Well when you see a "moon-fest" where others a dogging him no end you get curious and "peek".....Sure enough it's always the same nonsensical, disruptive, and contrarian tripe I ignored for him for in the first place.

I'm certainly not against fun but damn.

Well when you see a "moon-fest" where others a dogging him no end you get curious and "peek".....Sure enough it's always the same nonsensical, disruptive, and contrarian tripe I ignored for him for in the first place.
Yep. I had 60-80 people on Iggy for years until recently and once in a while you catch one of their comments anyway because it gets duplicated by someone else replying to them in the overhead or you realize who they are talking to and you get curious and "peek." It's far from an ideal system, but that is the way Xenforo is written.

Ideally, when you put someone on ignore, it should notify the other person and generate a mark against them sent to the mods. Something wrong when a lot of people are ignoring the same person! And people you put on ignore ought not then be able to see and read your posts! But the way it is, all it does is free up the violator to talk shit about you and you not see it to respond to nor defend yourself. But some people here like JoeB131, Skews, Billy000 and others are such asswipes, sometimes you just get sick of reading their ridiculous crap.

If it were my group, beyond a certainty point, I'd throw them off. In life, there are always consequences for bad behavior. So the next best thing is to just beat them at their own game like I always do. I beat them senseless with their own stupidity (within the limitations this forum allows).

There are some very damaged people here on the Left. And even a couple on the Right.

Yep. I had 60-80 people on Iggy for years until recently and once in a while you catch one of their comments anyway because it gets duplicated by someone else replying to them in the overhead or you realize who they are talking to and you get curious and "peek." It's far from an ideal system, but that is the way Xenforo is written.

Ideally, when you put someone on ignore, it should notify the other person and generate a mark against them sent to the mods. Something wrong when a lot of people are ignoring the same person! And people you put on ignore ought not then be able to see and read your posts! But the way it is, all it does is free up the violator to talk shit about you and you not see it to respond to nor defend yourself. But some people here like JoeB131, Skews, Billy000 and others are such asswipes, sometimes you just get sick of reading their ridiculous crap.

If it were my group, beyond a certainty point, I'd throw them off. In life, there are always consequences for bad behavior. So the next best thing is to just beat them at their own game like I always do. I beat them senseless with their own stupidity (within the limitations this forum allows).

There are some very damaged people here on the Left. And even a couple on the Right.
Yeah, they are just our cross to bear. ;)

Getting rid of "moon" has improved my enjoyment of this board by 100%.

It really cleaned up the threads. All he adds is junk.

Forum List

Back