Can Whites trust Blacks?

I dunno. I've been waking up in the morning with one since 1977.
Have you ever been to one of their funerals? Have you ever had any of them live with you for more than a day or two? Have you ever played on a team with them in any sport? Have you ever raised one of them like your own kids?

Oh fucking relax muddy - Yes, I started HS and JC hoops with no less than TWO black players who became stars in the NBA. One is a Hall-o-Famer and we're still in touch. My HS team was half black - JC College about a third.

Funerals? Yes - two the latter of which was with full gospel choir for the Daddy of Hall-o-Famer which was AWESOME.

And yes, I shared dorm room with a black guy for both my Junior & Senior years in college. He was awesome, we got along fine and he'd take me to his Mama's house on occasion for soul food. We are still in touch also.

Your claim that marrying a black woman gives you some sort of magical insight into black people in general is summarily laughed off the board. :cool-45:
Only by the usual suspects *racist Democrats*

Knowing a black person isn't even remotely like the commitment one has to make to spend your life with one of them. Especially since when I took the vows, mixed marriages were much more a taboo. I caught hell from strangers and family members alike for my decision. Being on a team, or sharing a dorm room doesn't make you any less of a racist. However, deciding to raise a family of kids that will assuredly be ostracized by racist Whites and racist Blacks is a choice I took without a second thought. Despite the bigotry of some of my family members, I didn't want to be narrow minded like some of them obviously were.

So you know a few black people. Big fucking deal. Most blacks think your attitude is a joke. However, some have told me that my attitude is something that gives them hope. Most look at a white person and they see a racist, that is until you prove otherwise.

You don't know any blacks. You are a racist. And if your attitude gives them hope, they haven't read what you post.
If you were White we'd call you a crabby old bigot. Somebody who's so Hateful and out of touch with racial America after the turn of the century. A crotchety old bastard who's living in the 50's who goes to Church with his white shirt sleeves rolled up like a Cracker. A fucker who says he'd rather kill his kids then allow them to date someone from a different race. A person who can't sit down to a meal with that person because they make you sick to your stomach.
I've met these types. They're white and remarkably they are black sometimes. That's what you remind me of.

Have you ever been to one of their funerals? Have you ever had any of them live with you for more than a day or two? Have you ever played on a team with them in any sport? Have you ever raised one of them like your own kids?

Oh fucking relax muddy - Yes, I started HS and JC hoops with no less than TWO black players who became stars in the NBA. One is a Hall-o-Famer and we're still in touch. My HS team was half black - JC College about a third.

Funerals? Yes - two the latter of which was with full gospel choir for the Daddy of Hall-o-Famer which was AWESOME.

And yes, I shared dorm room with a black guy for both my Junior & Senior years in college. He was awesome, we got along fine and he'd take me to his Mama's house on occasion for soul food. We are still in touch also.

Your claim that marrying a black woman gives you some sort of magical insight into black people in general is summarily laughed off the board. :cool-45:

Knowing a black person isn't even remotely like the commitment one has to make to spend your life with one of them. Especially since when I took the vows, mixed marriages were much more a taboo. I caught hell from strangers and family members alike for my decision. Being on a team, or sharing a dorm room doesn't make you any less of a racist. However, deciding to raise a family of kids that will assuredly be ostracized by racist Whites and racist Blacks is a choice I took without a second thought. Despite the bigotry of some of my family members, I didn't want to be narrow minded like some of them obviously were.

So you know a few black people. Big fucking deal. Most blacks think your attitude is a joke. However, some have told me that my attitude is something that gives them hope. Most look at a white person and they see a racist, that is until you prove otherwise.

You don't know any blacks. You are a racist. And if your attitude gives them hope, they haven't read what you post.
If you were White we'd call you a crabby old bigot. Somebody who's so Hateful and out of touch with racial America after the turn of the century. A crotchety old bastard who's living in the 50's who goes to Church with his white shirt sleeves rolled up like a Cracker. A fucker who says he'd rather kill his kids then allow them to date someone from a different race. A person who can't sit down to a meal with that person because they make you sick to your stomach.
I've met these types. They're white and remarkably they are black sometimes. That's what you remind me of.

I'm very much in touch with modern America son. You are describing yourself.

No, junior, you are talking about the America you wish existed, not the one that most of us live in.
Don't let your hatred or past experiences warp your mind and twist it into this monster that you obviously have become. Not everyone hates you. We all have control of how people react to us. It's not written in stone. Things can change.

Course if you spend your life wearing your race on your sleeve don't act shocked when somebody knocks it off.

And whites should be held responsible for racism which has gone far beyond slavery.

Hello again, IM2.

Do you believe many Americans embrace racist beliefs...or do they FEAR the type of HATEFUL human beings many black or Americans citizens of African descent have evolved into?

1p71va.jpg

#TheLargerIssue #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth

I believe that you are an idiot. For rappers are not truth tellers. Rappers are entertainers. Go to a church on Sunday or a bible study on Wednesday and see if such things are being taught.

No, junior, you are talking about the America you wish existed, not the one that most of us live in.
Don't let your hatred or past experiences warp your mind and twist it into this monster that you obviously have become. Not everyone hates you. We all have control of how people react to us. It's not written in stone. Things can change.

Course if you spend your life wearing your race on your sleeve don't act shocked when somebody knocks it off.

I'm talking about the America that exists right now. You might not want to make the standard white racist assumptions about me. Like dragonlady says, you guys do this and you are wrong very time. Just like everybody else, you were challenged to show when racism ended and you can't. We are in the race and racism section of this forum idiot. Race is being discussed here because that's what this section is for. You don't say these kinds of things to whites, so just shut your fucking mouth trying to say them to me. So if you spend your life wearing your racism on your sleeve don't act shocked when somebody knocks it off.

Symbolic racism (also known as modern-symbolic racism, modern racism,[1] symbolic prejudice, and racial resentment) is a coherent belief system that reflects an underlying unidimensional prejudice towards black people in the United States. These beliefs include the stereotype that blacks are morally inferior to white people, and that they violate traditional White American values such as hard work and independence. This is also more of a general term than it is specifically related to prejudice towards black people. It can be more generally characterized as an open dislike and derogation of individuals related to one's self.[clarification needed] These beliefs may cause the subject to discriminate against black people and to justify this discrimination.[2] Some people do not view symbolic racism as prejudice since it is not linked directly to race but indirectly through social and political issues.[3]

David O. Sears and P.J. Henry characterize symbolic racism as the expression or endorsement of four specific themes or beliefs:[4]

1. Blacks no longer face much prejudice or discrimination.
  2. The failure of blacks to progress results from their unwillingness to work hard enough.
  3. Blacks are demanding too much too fast.
  4. Blacks have gotten more than they deserve.
Symbolic racism is a form of modern racism, as it is more subtle and indirect than more overt forms of racism,[5] such as those characterized in Jim Crow laws. As symbolic racism develops through socialization and its processes occur without conscious awareness,[6] an individual with symbolic racist beliefs may genuinely oppose racism and believe they are not racist.[7] Symbolic racism is perhaps the most prevalent racial attitude today.[

The concept of symbolic racism has evolved over time but most writings currently define symbolic racism as containing four themes:[1]

1. Racial discrimination is no longer a serious obstacle to blacks' prospects for a good life.
  2. Blacks' continuing disadvantages are largely due to their unwillingness to work hard enough.
  3. Blacks' continuing demands are unwarranted.
  4. Blacks' increased advantages are also unwarranted.
Symbolic racism - Wikipedia

I find I difficult to believe you’re married to a black woman based on your post. Your language throughout is replete with racism and “us and them” language.

“Knowing a black person isn't even remotely like the commitment one has to make to spend your life with one of them.” You refer to your wife as “one of them”.

One of the young men in our family married a woman with Chinese heritage he met at University (I believe her parents emigrated from China and she was born here.) He chose a woman who has looks, brains, and who’s a nerdy gamer just like him. They make a cute couple and a great team. Our family thinks this young man is lucky to have found this woman, and that she’s a great addition to the family. She is one of us. We are a family.

It’s hard to imagine that anyone who is married to someone of another race, and who has mixed race children would view his own family through the racist lens of “us and them”.

Blacks don't even trust other blacks.....why should whites trust them??
You have no clue what your talking about.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

We have all kinds of amazing insight about black people here in USMB, most of it from conservatives who live in more rural areas and encounter a black person maybe 6 times a year. They didn't do any interviews or research on black people - But they did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :)
You literally live in Boise, Idaho, dipshit.

You see less black people in a year than I do in an hour.

Nonsense - We have taken in more African (and Syrian) immigrants in my part of town past few years than LA and NYC combined.
Boise, Idaho, A Global Home for Refugees

In addition, I lived in NE Portland (VERY diverse) all through the 90s and grew up in coastal SoCal.
Refrain from flapping your yap when you have absolutely no clue WTF you're talking about. :wink:

I lived in Portland during the 90's myself. And if you lived in NE you saw more blacks than that dumb ass Proud to be white has seen in his life. He calls himself proud to be white for a reason. He's a 20 something year old child and a racist. I've been to Boise. It's a beautiful place.

Thanks man, ya welcome to spend a few days at my place any old time. And promise - I won't claim to have "a black friend".

Check - get here soon, and we can float the river and maybe go see a concert - Mi casa su casa

I'm talking about the America that exists right now. You might not want to make the standard white racist assumptions about me. Like dragonlady says, you guys do this and you are wrong very time. Just like everybody else, you were challenged to show when racism ended and you can't. We are in the race and racism section of this forum idiot. Race is being discussed here because that's what this section is for. You don't say these kinds of things to whites, so just shut your fucking mouth trying to say them to me. So if you spend your life wearing your racism on your sleeve don't act shocked when somebody knocks it off.
You have no room to talk.
The problem with folks like you is as long as there is one example of racism you're never satisfied.
However, I remember what America was like in the 50s, 60s, and 70s.....and without a doubt, you have lost the right to complain, but still you complain. This is because you refuse to admit that America has changed. From where you see it, people hate your black ass, not because you're an asshole, but because you're black. You're nothing but an asshole who happens to be black, and this fact only makes life tougher for other blacks.

Consider that on this forum it is widely believed by Black posters that Whites are inherently racist and should be held accountable (i.e., penalized) for 472 years of slavery. As a result, Whites deserve neither trust nor even the right to comment on race relations. Given this seemingly pervasive attitude towards Whites, should it not follow that Whites can't trust Blacks to deal with them in an unbiased manner?

We have all kinds of amazing insight about black people here in USMB, most of it from conservatives who live in more rural areas and encounter a black person maybe 6 times a year. They didn't do any interviews or research on black people - But they did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :)

Nonsense - We have taken in more African (and Syrian) immigrants in my part of town past few years than LA and NYC combined.

In addition, I lived in NE Portland (VERY diverse) all through the 90s and grew up in coastal SoCal.
Refrain from flapping your yap when you have absolutely no clue WTF you're talking about. :wink:
Boise is fucking Iceland compared to Louisville, moron, and I live in a much whiter state than most conservatives. Portland was also much whiter in the 90s than Louisville.

The entire metro area of Louisville is nearly 23% black with the city itself being much more heavily black(not to mention the Hispanics and Indians).

You live in one of the whitest areas in the entire world and you want talk to conservatives about not knowing black people when they live in states approaching 40% non-white.....

I lived in Portland during the 90's myself. And if you lived in NE you saw more blacks than that dumb ass Proud to be white has seen in his life. He calls himself proud to be white for a reason. He's a 20 something year old child and a racist. I've been to Boise. It's a beautiful place.
Portland was the whitest city in the country until very recently, idiot.

I find I difficult to believe you’re married to a black woman based on your post. Your language throughout is replete with racism and “us and them” language.

“Knowing a black person isn't even remotely like the commitment one has to make to spend your life with one of them.” You refer to your wife as “one of them”.

One of the young men in our family married a woman with Chinese heritage he met at University (I believe her parents emigrated from China and she was born here.) He chose a woman who has looks, brains, and who’s a nerdy gamer just like him. They make a cute couple and a great team. Our family thinks this young man is lucky to have found this woman, and that she’s a great addition to the family. She is one of us. We are a family.

It’s hard to imagine that anyone who is married to someone of another race, and who has mixed race children would view his own family through the racist lens of “us and them”.
JESUS...... You obviously are a retard.
I'm not one of those folks that thinks marrying ONE is the same as being ONE. You can never be one of THEM unless you're born one of THEM. Just like folks like IM2 would never know what it's like to be black in the South during the Great Depression.....like my wife does. Bet he never once cut Tobacco or picked cotton like my wife has. Having to miss school because the boss man said he had better be in the fields from Sun up to Sun down, or else.....like my wife has. Born into a family with 12 kids and 5 different fathers...like my wife has.

I lived there son. I know that. But you don't know any black people. That's my point.

I lived there son. I know that. But you don't know any black people. That's my point.
I live in a much blacker city than Boise or Portland, and a much blacker state than Idaho or Oregon.

Of course I know plenty of black people.

Symbolic racism (also known as modern-symbolic racism, modern racism,[1] symbolic prejudice, and racial resentment) is a coherent belief system that reflects an underlying unidimensional prejudice towards black people in the United States. These beliefs include the stereotype that blacks are morally inferior to white people, and that they violate traditional White American values such as hard work and independence. This is also more of a general term than it is specifically related to prejudice towards black people. It can be more generally characterized as an open dislike and derogation of individuals related to one's self.[clarification needed] These beliefs may cause the subject to discriminate against black people and to justify this discrimination.[2] Some people do not view symbolic racism as prejudice since it is not linked directly to race but indirectly through social and political issues.[3]

David O. Sears and P.J. Henry characterize symbolic racism as the expression or endorsement of four specific themes or beliefs:[4]

2. The failure of blacks to progress results from their unwillingness to work hard enough.
Symbolic racism is a form of modern racism, as it is more subtle and indirect than more overt forms of racism,[5] such as those characterized in Jim Crow laws. As symbolic racism develops through socialization and its processes occur without conscious awareness,[6] an individual with symbolic racist beliefs may genuinely oppose racism and believe they are not racist.[7] Symbolic racism is perhaps the most prevalent racial attitude today.[

The concept of symbolic racism has evolved over time but most writings currently define symbolic racism as containing four themes:[1]

1. Racial discrimination is no longer a serious obstacle to blacks' prospects for a good life.
  2. Blacks' continuing disadvantages are largely due to their unwillingness to work hard enough.
White people are the ones who are called morally inferior, idiot.

Not only that, but the official claim is that we are INHERENTLY morally inferior.

And whites should be held responsible for racism which has gone far beyond slavery.

Hello again, IM2.

Do you believe many Americans embrace racist beliefs...or do they FEAR the type of HATEFUL human beings many black or Americans citizens of African descent have evolved into?

1p71va.jpg

I believe that you are an idiot. For rappers are not truth tellers. Rappers are entertainers. Go to a church on Sunday or a bible study on Wednesday and see if such things are being taught.

Hello again, IM2. I am beginning to question your reading comprehension skills, as well as your grasp of modern day American culture.

Seems MILLIONS of Americans recognize rappers as fellow citizens sharing their TRUTHS...

IM2, for perhaps the 7th or 8th time I am asking you to offer an opinion explaining WHY more than ONE DOZEN Black American Entertainers President & Mrs. Obama friends & White House guests compose VIOLENCE riddled music HATEFULLY denigrating black or American girls, women and MOTHERS of African descent as less than human *itches & 'hoes' unworthy of being treated with basic human respect?

102qaep.jpg

Peace.

I'm not one of those folks that thinks marrying ONE is the same as being ONE. You can never be one of THEM unless you're born one of THEM. Just like folks like IM2 would never know what it's like to be black in the South during the Great Depression.....like my wife does. Bet he never once cut Tobacco or picked cotton like my wife has. Having to miss school because the boss man said he had better be in the fields from Sun up to Sun down, or else.....like my wife has. Born into a family with 12 kids and 5 different fathers...like my wife has.

I'm 57. Your wife doesn't know any more about being black during the depression than I do. The depression was in the 1930's, this is 2018. If your wife was picking cotton in the great depression, she was born in the mid to late 1920's at best. That makes the both of you in your mid to late 80's or in your 90's. My parents were black in the south during the great depression. My dad's family were sharecroppers. Whether or not I picked cotton has no relevance to the fact that I am black. Plenty of blacks never picked cotton, such as MLK, Malcolm X and many others. So your wifes picking cotton doesn't really mean anything if you are trying to discredit me or my argument. I know what it was like because my dad, my mother, my grandparents, uncles and aunts all told me what it was like. So did old blacks now dead who were friends pf the family. Some who were born to parent who had actually been slaves. So don't tell me what I don't about chump. My whole family is from the damn south.

White people are the ones who are called morally inferior, idiot.

Not only that, but the official claim is that we are INHERENTLY morally inferior.

The morality of whites has been questioned because if what whites have done not as some inference of natural immorality. There has been no such official claim. You have been brainwashed in your radicalization junior.

Hello again, IM2.

1p71va.jpg

Hello again, IM2. I am beginning to question your reading comprehension skills, as well as your grasp of modern day American culture.

Seems MILLIONS of Americans recognize rappers as fellow citizens sharing their TRUTHS...

IM2, for perhaps the 7th or 8th time I am asking you to offer an opinion explaining WHY more than ONE DOZEN Black American Entertainers President & Mrs. Obama friends & White House guests compose VIOLENCE riddled music HATEFULLY denigrating black or American girls, women and MOTHERS of African descent as less than human *itches & 'hoes' unworthy of being treated with basic human respect?

102qaep.jpg

Peace.

And you'll keep asking because if you are using examples of rappers as some guide to anything regarding blacks but entertainment you are a loon. I live in 20178 and I see people like Rev. Barber and others like them as truth tellers and not rappers. Millions don't see shit as you claim. And when you want compare the sexism/misogyny in ALL MUSIC let me know.

I didn’t say that marrying a black person makes you one of “them”. I said there is no “us” and “them”. You are all Americans.

Your entire post points out how different “they” are. That “their” experiences differ from “ours”. Your words emphasize and magnify the difference and divisions between the races, and ensure that the those divisions remain.

Whether people African-Americans, Hispanic Americans, Italian Americans, or Martian Americans, or Jewish Americans or Muslim Americans they are all Americans. You all want basically the same things: good jobs, safe communities, opportunity, and security. You all want your children to grow up strong and to have a good life.

As long as you keep emphasizing how different you are and how much you’re not like “them”, the divisions, the racism and the divide will continue to deepen.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Forum List

Back