Can they ACTUALLY communicate with the dead?

They're all scam artists.

I disagree. :funnyface:

Are you going to send them $19.95 for a session? :uhh: Sucker.

ummm, no. But I've had premonitions before.

Coincidence and imagination. You don't have any super powers.

I surely do not, but God told me what I had to do 3x beforehand and I did it, so there's that. It saved our lives.

You think God talks to you?

Some people occasionally appear on television talk shows and claim that they can communicate with the dead.

Are they ALL scam artists?

Are a FEW of them gifted individuals who actually have this ability?
I'd love to communicate with trump

Some people occasionally appear on television talk shows and claim that they can communicate with the dead.

Dear TheParser
there is no way to tell if you are receiving messages from angels or from demons.
Humans are not omniscient, so it's all faith based.
The most we can determine is whether we interpret the message we receive
in a positive consistent way, or get a negative self-serving fearbased msg out of it.
so the content of the message can be tested to see
if it is consistent, positive and constructive or harmful and leading in a negative direction.

For example, when Andrea Yates reported receiving voices or mssages of "angels"
the content of their message was to kill her children while they were innocent
so they would get into heaven. Whether these were angels or demons,
if you take the message and compare it with the advice and counseling of others,
clearly this message is inconsistent and counseling her to do wrong.
it is never necessary to kill someone to get them into heaven.
so there was fallacy and false/fears to begin with that were skewing this message.

So by reviewing the content of the message,
you can check with other sources to ensure
if this message is consistent and supportive of God's ideal will
or is misdirecting the person to go against God's will.

Dear TheParser
there is no way to tell if you are receiving messages from angels or from demons.
Humans are not omniscient, so it's all faith based.
The most we can determine is whether we interpret the message we receive
in a positive consistent way, or get a negative self-serving fearbased msg out of it.
so the content of the message can be tested to see
if it is consistent, positive and constructive or harmful and leading in a negative direction.

For example, when Andrea Yates reported receiving voices or mssages of "angels"
the content of their message was to kill her children while they were innocent
so they would get into heaven. Whether these were angels or demons,
if you take the message and compare it with the advice and counseling of others,
clearly this message is inconsistent and counseling her to do wrong.
it is never necessary to kill someone to get them into heaven.
so there was fallacy and false/fears to begin with that were skewing this message.

So by reviewing the content of the message,
you can check with other sources to ensure
if this message is consistent and supportive of God's ideal will
or is misdirecting the person to go against God's will.

Andrea Yates wasn't receiving any messages. She had a psychotic breakdown from postpartum depression.

A Lot of psychopaths think that God speaks to them. It is a very COMMON symptom of mental illness. It is called religious delusions. It's very, very common. It probably has to do with their religious background, guilt, schizophrenia and/or any combination of factors of "crazy" combining.

The brain is an AMAZING organ. People with split personality disorder usually have experienced severe trauma and the mental illness of split personality disorder is their brain's way of protecting them from the trauma.

Then again, maybe some people do get feelings or premonitions. Does that mean that anyone can communicate with a dead person who no longer has a functioning brain? Doubtful!

The concept of a soul is basically a spiritual, non-material thing that continues to exist when the physical body ceases to function, and that includes the brain. So yeah, some people believe communication is possible with the soul of a dead person. I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything, but there is quite a bit of evidence from people under hypnosis who could speak in a foreign language learned in a past life, even an extinct language that no one speaks today. Or they can describe places and people that they've never met or been to.

I don't believe it at all. I don't think anyone can "communicate" with the dead. I don't believe that the dead are capable of communicating anymore.

NO. But what they can communicate with is demons who can read the history of the idiot in front of them and "tell them" what to say. FOR A PRICE

“And when they say to you, ‘Consult the mediums and the spiritists who whisper and mutter.’ Should not a people consult their God? Should they consult the dead on behalf of the living?” vs. 20, KJV. “To the law and to the testimony, if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.”

Then again, maybe some people do get feelings or premonitions. Does that mean that anyone can communicate with a dead person who no longer has a functioning brain? Doubtful!

The concept of a soul is basically a spiritual, non-material thing that continues to exist when the physical body ceases to function, and that includes the brain. So yeah, some people believe communication is possible with the soul of a dead person. I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything, but there is quite a bit of evidence from people under hypnosis who could speak in a foreign language learned in a past life, even an extinct language that no one speaks today. Or they can describe places and people that they've never met or been to.

Well, while I can't explain that, I think there are probably other explanations that don't involve spirits or super psychic abilities. Some of them are probably hoaxes too.

Well, while I can't explain that, I think there are probably other explanations that don't involve spirits or super psychic abilities. Some of them are probably hoaxes too.

Could be. OTOH, an open mind is not a bad idea either. Either way.

I just don't believe in supernatural things. That is just too far out for me.

'K. But if you're wrong and I go first I'm gonna be standing there at the Pearly Gates when you get there with my arms folded and saying "So, what do you think now?".

I have just learned about this comment from the novelist Stephen King:

"Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win."

There is an argument among believers that "unclean spirits" sometimes communicate to humans and pretend to be former loved ones in order to trick them. There is also the belief that humans can invite demonic possession by engaging in communications with such spirits. Allegedly, that is a reason that the bible warns people to have NOTHING to do with such things, including psychics, Ouji boards, fortune tellers, palm readers or "mediums" that allegedly speak to the dead.

Do you believe it's possible that there is more to our existence than meets the eye? Or do you have it on good authority that this is all there is and that, once we physically die, that's it and we don't go to another dimension such as "Heaven" or "Hell"? In other words, we just cease to exist. Is that how it is? And who died, came back and told you this is how it is?

Forum List

Back