Can someone please explain this to me?

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
For years I have argued that the actions of one, do not reflect on the entire group. One Black man committing a crime is not proof of anything other than the single individual committed a crime. It does not mean that all Blacks are criminals. I have long argued that the statistical excuses used by racists to justify the abuses visited on Black Americans is wrong and violates the Constitutional guarantees of the rights of citizens.

So in that thread, I am a Liberal. Now, onto the Saudi who committed an apparent act of terror. Why is it bad to point out that one individual, even a Saudi, committing an act of Terror, is not representative of the entire religion, or nation? I have seen several threads and articles and statements from the left Denouncing Trump for saying about Saudi’s what I have been saying about others for decades.

We have a report that another Saudi died trying to stop the attack. Was he representative of the Saudi’s? Or was he a fluke? An outlier of the Saudi’s? One who didn’t get the memo on Jihad?

I can and do take issue with Trump on issues and policies. I take issue with Trump for ending the Compliance Actions against Police Departments that regularly violate Civil Rights as one often listed example. I am unhappy with how we left Syria.

But what I really resent the hell out of is the Left suddenly sounding like the Insane Right Wing screaming that all of this group is bad, and all of that group is evil, and anyone who defends them is a horrific person. Nonsense. Absolute rubbish. If you want to take Trump to task for a policy, or an issue, then please do. But just standing around nit picking every statement and trying to twist everything means you are no better, in fact you are much worse, than those insane members of the Westboro Baptist Church who used to run around protesting Soldier’s funerals. I had no respect for them, and am losing whatever shreds of respect I once had for you all.

Who is condemning all Saudis for the actions of this one person? On the other hand, considering all that has gone on with Saudi Arabia, isn't it time to question our "relationship" with them? They had a journalist killed and we didn't do anything. Quite the opposite.

For years I have argued that the actions of one, do not reflect on the entire group. One Black man committing a crime is not proof of anything other than the single individual committed a crime. It does not mean that all Blacks are criminals. I have long argued that the statistical excuses used by racists to justify the abuses visited on Black Americans is wrong and violates the Constitutional guarantees of the rights of citizens.

So in that thread, I am a Liberal. Now, onto the Saudi who committed an apparent act of terror. Why is it bad to point out that one individual, even a Saudi, committing an act of Terror, is not representative of the entire religion, or nation? I have seen several threads and articles and statements from the left Denouncing Trump for saying about Saudi’s what I have been saying about others for decades.

We have a report that another Saudi died trying to stop the attack. Was he representative of the Saudi’s? Or was he a fluke? An outlier of the Saudi’s? One who didn’t get the memo on Jihad?

I can and do take issue with Trump on issues and policies. I take issue with Trump for ending the Compliance Actions against Police Departments that regularly violate Civil Rights as one often listed example. I am unhappy with how we left Syria.

But what I really resent the hell out of is the Left suddenly sounding like the Insane Right Wing screaming that all of this group is bad, and all of that group is evil, and anyone who defends them is a horrific person. Nonsense. Absolute rubbish. If you want to take Trump to task for a policy, or an issue, then please do. But just standing around nit picking every statement and trying to twist everything means you are no better, in fact you are much worse, than those insane members of the Westboro Baptist Church who used to run around protesting Soldier’s funerals. I had no respect for them, and am losing whatever shreds of respect I once had for you all.
The Saudi prince who tRump speaks so highly brutally murdered a journalist who disagreed with him.

We might as well have received condolences from Jeffrey Dahlmer.

So all Saudis? No.

The Saudi government? A buncha murdering criminals.

The Saudi prince who tRump speaks so highly brutally murdered a journalist who disagreed with him.

So all Saudis? No.

If that journalist had been murdered while Obama was President, you wouldn't have even mentioned it.

They keyword in everything is "Trump." Before his election, the only ones connecting the Saudis to terrorism, were the far-right Alex Jones conspiracy theorists and wacko anti-zionists.

My my, how the left has done a 180 right turn under this President.
:laughing0301:

The less entanglement we have with that forsaken nation the better.

So all Saudis? No.

If that journalist had been murdered while Obama was President, you wouldn't have even mentioned it.

They keyword in everything is "Trump." Before his election, the only ones connecting the Saudis to terrorism, were the far-right Alex Jones conspiracy theorists and wacko anti-zionists.

Your post is composed of nothing but lies.

I don't know why that surprises me, it's pretty typical of the garbage you put out.

So all Saudis? No.

I don't know why that surprises me, it's pretty typical of the garbage you put out.

Touched a nerve, did I? You know I'm right.

Let's use "Russia" for another example. You leftists never had a problem with communist countries. One of your candidates even took his honeymoon in Russia.

But when Donald Trump beat Hillary, suddenly you people turn into a bunch of paranoid little Joe McCarthys.

So all Saudis? No.

Touched a nerve, did I? You know I'm right.

Let's use "Russia" for another example. You leftists never had a problem with communist countries. One of your candidates even took his honeymoon in Russia.

But when Donald Trump beat Hillary, suddenly you people turn into a bunch of paranoid little Joe McCarthys.
No, no nerve to touch here.

You're still a liar though.

Who is condemning all Saudis for the actions of this one person? On the other hand, considering all that has gone on with Saudi Arabia, isn't it time to question our "relationship" with them? They had a journalist killed and we didn't do anything. Quite the opposite.

The journalist was killed in another Country, And although it is an act of violence in silencing the press, it obviously did not silence the Press, and in fact probably strengthened the Worlds resolve in preserving freedom of the Press. If the Saudi's don't want that kind of Freedom their Society pays the price. Promoting Those freedoms in Country's where they are not accepted or practiced is very dangerous business. But not pursuing them is even more dangerous!

. Promoting Those freedoms in Country's where they are not accepted or practiced is very dangerous business. But not pursuing them is even more dangerous!
Promoting and forcing are not the same thing- the danger comes when we ally with- the founders, Jefferson and Washington had a saying- trade with all, ally with none- but of course our alleged leaders have a proclivity to being superior to everyone so ignore words of wisdom which was directed right at them-

I believe if that journalist (Kashoggi) had been murdered during the Obama admin, sanctions would have been swift.

I commend the OP post. SavannahMann is so correct in his assessment. However, those Democrats who paint all Saudis as terrorists are both few and wrong. Yet it is not Democrats who condemn and seek to ban ALL Muslims. It is not Democrats who post that Muslims are losers who contribute nothing to any country in which they emigrate.

So all Saudis? No.

One of life’s truths is there are rarely good options. Often the best you can do is the least worst option. Let’s pretend we can pull out of Saudi. Hell pull out of Iraq too. What happens? About a year later Iran has a new Persian Empire. If Saudi is bad. Iran is way worse. What they do to dissidents is beyond barbaric.

obviously we aren’t going to do that. So what is left? Quietly encouraging Saudi to Liberalize.

I believe if that journalist (Kashoggi) had been murdered during the Obama admin, sanctions would have been swift.

I commend the OP post. SavannahMann is so correct in his assessment. However, those Democrats who paint all Saudis as terrorists are both few and wrong. Yet it is not Democrats who condemn and seek to ban ALL Muslims. It is not Democrats who post that Muslims are losers who contribute nothing to any country in which they emigrate.

The way Obama bowed and kowtowed to the Saudis? I doubt it.

So all Saudis? No.

And yet Obama sold over one hundred billion dollars of military hardware to Saudi Arabia?

Why am I mentioning this?

Simple, you have issue with Saudi Arabia because of Trump but when Obana was selling military hardware to them not a peep from those like you.

Not all Saudi's are supporters of Jihadist that is for sure and it is true Saudi Royal Family members have funded Jihadist groups just like Iran, China, Russia and even the U.S. ...

Maybe before we pass judgment on Saudi Arabia we ( the U.S., Canada, and U.K. ) should reflect on our part that caused so much of these issues and then remember Democrats and Republicans bow to the Saudi Kingdom because of Oil and their leadership in OPEC and many times our country has turn it blind eyes to Arabia human right offenses...

So all Saudis? No.

Goes well with the 535 on YOUR payroll.

Wrong.

The thread premise is nonsense and absolute rubbish – ‘the left’ is doing no such thing.

The Saudi government is subject to appropriate and warranted condemnation, not the Saudi people.

Yeah, right.
The Obama sanctions in your alternate reality would have ended up being 'a line in the sand 2.0'.

:290968001256257790-final:

Forum List

Back