Can Sex Cure Your Migraine?

Connery

Rookie
Oct 19, 2012
“Right now, honey—I have a headache!”

Is that how it goes? It might be after you hear the latest from researchers in Germany. There have been murmurings over the past few years that sex might be a headache cure, but those findings were based on small-scale studies—so a group of neurologists at the University of Münster recently decided to put the debate to bed. They sent a survey to 1,000 migraine and cluster headache sufferers with questions about sexual activity during headaches.

About four out of ten responded. Among those who suffered from migraines, 60 percent reported that sex provided relief from the headache. On the downside though, a third said sex actually worsened their headache. Those who suffered from cluster headaches—which often cause debilitating pain some say is worse than childbirth—weren’t so lucky. Only a third reported relief during sex, and a full 50 percent said sex worsened the cluster headache.

So which will it be for you? Study researcher Stefan Evers points to endorphins, telling LiveScience that “the same people who release endorphins from extreme sports activity, so a triathlon or marathon, it might be that these are the patients who release endorphins during sexual activity.” So if you get “runner’s high,” the sex cure may be more likely to work for you.

Currently without partner? Don’t be afraid to take matters into your own hands. It’s orgasm, not partner sex, that releases endorphins."

Can Sex Cure Your Migraine or Cluster Headaches?

Always looking for a new way to combat a migraine. Worth a try...:thup:

Is that how it goes? It might be after you hear the latest from researchers in Germany. There have been murmurings over the past few years that sex might be a headache cure, but those findings were based on small-scale studies—so a group of neurologists at the University of Münster recently decided to put the debate to bed. They sent a survey to 1,000 migraine and cluster headache sufferers with questions about sexual activity during headaches.

About four out of ten responded. Among those who suffered from migraines, 60 percent reported that sex provided relief from the headache. On the downside though, a third said sex actually worsened their headache. Those who suffered from cluster headaches—which often cause debilitating pain some say is worse than childbirth—weren’t so lucky. Only a third reported relief during sex, and a full 50 percent said sex worsened the cluster headache.

So which will it be for you? Study researcher Stefan Evers points to endorphins, telling LiveScience that “the same people who release endorphins from extreme sports activity, so a triathlon or marathon, it might be that these are the patients who release endorphins during sexual activity.” So if you get “runner’s high,” the sex cure may be more likely to work for you.

Currently without partner? Don’t be afraid to take matters into your own hands. It’s orgasm, not partner sex, that releases endorphins."

Hate to break bad news, but it never worked for me. Of course, everyone is different. YMMV. It's definitely worth a try. Sometimes my migraines get so bad I can barely move. I have to stay in a dark quiet room until my meds kick in and take the edge off.

Have you ever had one of those headaches that feel like somebody has driven an icepick into a specific part of your head?

Try putting a MAGNET on that spot in your head.

Now slowly drag that magnet across you cranium.

Try it.

The site of the pain often follows the magnet.

Not a clue what's going on and it doesn't necessarily stop the pain.

Migraines are another headache entirely.

If I am foolish enough to keep using my eyes when the "twinkies" start in my vision, a migraine headache will follow that will lay me down for the rest of the day.

If I close my eyes and relax for a half hour or so until those "twinklies" stop appearing in my vision, my headache will still happen, but it be very modest.

I simply cannot imagine finding sex of interest when a migraine is coming on.

If you can?

I doubt you're really having a migraine.

To the government sex is the answer to everything.

The study is nonsense. Total bullshit. For one thing it states that the "cure" comes from the release of endorphins. If someone has a headache they aren't going to experience an endorphin release. Try jumping jacks for half an hour. See if that helps your headache. Of course it won't. The headache will get worse as the exercise raises your heart rate. Sex raises endorphins in thrashing around enthusiastic sex, not in "let me lay here in the dark" sex. So, when someone is forced into having sex, is it a form of rape, or are they just being medically treated for headache?

" To the government sex is the answer to everything. "

To all men too. :)

I do agree [regular and frequent ] orgasms are the answer to a peaceful disposition and contented lifestyle, for people already enriched with positive attitudes.

Last edited:
I had a girlfriend in college who had figured out it worked for her. Everytime she felt one coming on she marched me to the bedroom.......gosh that sucked....:eusa_drool:

Forum List

Back