Can Republican USMB Members say "We don't hate gays" with a STRAIGHT face?

I was listing the minorities Republicans seem to have a vendetta against and one of them said I couldn't prove Republicans hate gays.

With all their anti gay legislation, with them sending money back to the Log Cabin, with one of Mitt Romney's advisers who had worked for George Bush being chased away, can they really say they don't hate gays with a "straight" face?

Not to mention, "Oh, they want to shove their lifestyle down our throats" and "they belong to NAMBLA and on and on and on and the endless smears against gays. Do you have to prove something so very obvious?

Then another said by pointing out Republican racism, you should be banned?

Why are these Republicans so "soft"?

What most on the right fail to realize is that conservative opposition to equal protection rights of same-sex couples and homosexuals in general does manifest a kind of hatred, regardless how much conservatives might attempt to deny it.

Many conservatives attempt to hide behind the façade of ‘states’ rights,’ when in fact the states lack the authority to deny equal protection of the law to any class of persons, including homosexuals.

Perhaps fear of homosexuals better describes the conservative position, rather than hate (although it can be argued they’re one in the same…); as authoritarians conservatives for the most part fear diversity and dissent, and have an overwhelming need to compel conformity ‘for the sake of society.’ Also as authoritarians conservatives feel compelled to enforce a ‘moral imperative,’ in opposition to ‘moral relativism,’ where conservatives believe that there are just certain things which are simply ‘right’ and ‘wrong,’ absent any logical, objective, or factual justification.

Indeed, this is why the courts consistently strike down laws such a Proposition 8 and DOMA, where these measures lack a legitimate legislative end, are devoid of any rational basis, and are predicated solely on animus toward homosexuals.

I am a Republican who does not hate homosexuals. I have friends who are homosexuals.

I am a heterosexual who believes in equal rights, but not special rights.

What special rights are those?

Crime is crime, there should not be "hate crimes." Crimes should be prosecuted fairly.

Legal unions or POAs are acceptable for Homosexuals, but it should not be called a marriage.

The Homosexual agenda should not be taught in public schools.

Humor?

Seriously WTF is wrong with whoever classified this

What funny about RDean's mental illness?

I am a Republican who does not hate homosexuals. I have friends who are homosexuals.

Crime is crime, there should not be "hate crimes." Crimes should be prosecuted fairly.

Legal unions or POAs are acceptable for Homosexuals, but it should not be called a marriage.

Not anymore than the socon traditionalist agenda should be taught in schools.

yes, and we can even say we don't hate Rdean because we all should know by now, he has mental problems

you see it show up in most of his thread, take this one for example...

sad sad sad

Schooling should be up to the communities and states, Komrade Jake

Schooling should be up to the communities and states, Komrade Jake

Sturmleader Frank, readin' and writin' and 'rithmetic, why, shore, pardner. But communities and states are part of the nation and our nation is governed by the Constitution, not the majority cultural value of Podunk, New York.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Please explain.:confused:

So in reality you want heterosexuals to have special treatment, got it.
The homosexual agenda? What is that? Equal rights?

I was listing the minorities Republicans seem to have a vendetta against and one of them said I couldn't prove Republicans hate gays.

With all their anti gay legislation, with them sending money back to the Log Cabin, with one of Mitt Romney's advisers who had worked for George Bush being chased away, can they really say they don't hate gays with a "straight" face?

Not to mention, "Oh, they want to shove their lifestyle down our throats" and "they belong to NAMBLA and on and on and on and the endless smears against gays. Do you have to prove something so very obvious?

My gay grand-daughter and her girlfriend were over for dinner last night and my gay niece will be here Tuesday.
You can ask them if I "hate gays"

Actually, you can ask them if they hate gays because they're both Republicans also

:cuckoo:

What are "special" rights?

What is the "Homosexual agenda"?

And I'm curious. What gives you the right to decide what is "acceptable"?

My gay grand-daughter and her girlfriend were over for dinner last night and my gay niece will be here Tuesday.

Actually, you can ask them if they hate gays because they're both Republicans also

They think they are Republicans. Go to the Convention with "I'm Gay" buttons and see how long they last.

Now if they wore this shirt, no one would ask them to leave:

put-the-white-house.jpg

They think they are Republicans. Go to the Convention with "I'm Gay" buttons and see how long they last.

put-the-white-house.jpg

you are just sad little person..you paint all Republicans with this warped and hateful view..

pitiful really

put-the-white-house.jpg

you are just sad little person..you paint all Republicans with this warped and hateful view..

pitiful really

You fit that view.
You are pretty pitiful.

So in reality you want heterosexuals to have special treatment, got it.
The homosexual agenda? What is that? Equal rights?

You play being ignorant very well.

Forum List

Back