Can one be both Pro-Islam and Pro-Choice???

You can play word games with it if you so choose. Fact is, he chose to host a Muslim banquet while he somehow couldn't do the other.

You're the one playing word games. You said Obama cancelled the Day of Prayer. He didn't. Now you're squirming around with whatever that weak shit of yours is that I quoted. Lying. Ignorant. Before you could've been either one; now you're both. :thup:

I just restated my point to reflect your prefered wording. You are the one squirming because you know how bad it is.

I finally get to use that colored font I was talking about on page one.

It sounds like you answered your own question. Yes, Pro-Islam would mean being in favor of Islam being practiced.

Of course, you could have figured that out by reading my OP if you wanted to.

Nice snark, but I don't think Jesus would approve.

I don't favor or disfavor the practice of any religion, and I recognize and respect the Constitutional rights to worship or not. You've got a simpleton pro/anti paradigm going.

Do you understand the distinction between supporting a religion's Constitutional rights, and supporting the religion itself... or are both these things "being in favor of Islam being practiced"?

There's people on here who think anything short of outlawing Islam is the same as supporting it. I wouldn't be surprised if you're one of these people.

Yes, Jesus would approve of the fact that Islam is an evil religion.

There is an overwhelming support and defence of Islam from the Left that does not exist when it comes to Christianity. Somehow when it comes to Christianity have the right to freely worship the phrase "separation of church and state" magically pops out.

Obama can have a Ramadan Banquet yet cancel a The Day of Prayer.

Obama can omit the words "by our Creator" from the DoI yet remeber to bow to the Saudi King.

I provided the snopes link the flatly proved you wrong. Now you're "restating" your wording; aka: squirming. You don't even put up a fun fight, troll. Your game is lame and so are you. I'm going to sleep. I predict at least three retards will have thanked your OP by tomorrow morning.

You're the one playing word games. You said Obama cancelled the Day of Prayer. He didn't. Now you're squirming around with whatever that weak shit of yours is that I quoted. Lying. Ignorant. Before you could've been either one; now you're both. :thup:

I just restated my point to reflect your prefered wording. You are the one squirming because you know how bad it is.

Nice snark, but I don't think Jesus would approve.

I don't favor or disfavor the practice of any religion, and I recognize and respect the Constitutional rights to worship or not. You've got a simpleton pro/anti paradigm going.

Do you understand the distinction between supporting a religion's Constitutional rights, and supporting the religion itself... or are both these things "being in favor of Islam being practiced"?

There's people on here who think anything short of outlawing Islam is the same as supporting it. I wouldn't be surprised if you're one of these people.

There is an overwhelming support and defence of Islam from the Left that does not exist when it comes to Christianity. Somehow when it comes to Christianity have the right to freely worship the phrase "separation of church and state" magically pops out.

Obama can omit the words "by our Creator" from the DoI yet remeber to bow to the Saudi King.

I provided the snopes link the flatly proved you wrong. Now you're "restating" your wording; aka: squirming. You don't even put up a fun fight, troll. Your game is lame and so are you. I'm going to sleep. I predict at least three retards will have thanked your OP by tomorrow morning.

Yes, I know, you squirmed about some wording that you didn't like just so you didn't have to face the facts. I changed the wording to reflect your warm and fuzzy wording and yet you still are whining about it.:lol::lol::lol:

Yes, I know, you squirmed about some wording that you didn't like just so you didn't have to face the facts. I changed the wording to reflect your warm and fuzzy wording and yet you still are whining about it.:lol::lol::lol:

I'm sure this rubber/glue shtick could go on for at least another page. But I'll let my posts here speak for themselves, and people can judge on their own who's really squirming.

Now that you've defined pro-Islam as Muslims who are strict aherents to a literal interpretation of the Qur'an...

That is why I said Pro-Islam. Yes, there are Muslims that don't follow the Koran. I'm not talking about those because they are technically not Muslims.

...I guess it would mean that person would want to make abortion illegal unless the mother's life is endangered. My understanding is that this is an exception most "pro-lifers" make, too.

BBC - Religions - Islam: Abortion

Muslims regard abortion as wrong and haram (forbidden), but many accept that it may be permitted in certain cases.

All schools of Muslim law accept that abortion is permitted if continuing the pregnancy would put the mother's life in real danger. This is the only reason accepted for abortion after 120 days of the pregnancy.
Sanctity of life

The Islamic view is based on the very high priority the faith gives to the sanctity of life. The Qur'an states:

Whosoever has spared the life of a soul, it is as though he has spared the life of all people. Whosoever has killed a soul, it is as though he has murdered all of mankind.
Qur'an 5:32
Most Muslim scholars would say that a foetus in the womb is recognised and protected by Islam as a human life.

Protection of the mother's life

Islam allows abortion to save the life of the mother because it sees this as the 'lesser of two evils' and there is a general principle in Sharia (Muslim law) of choosing the lesser of two evils.

Abortion is regarded as a lesser evil in this case because:

the mother is the 'originator' of the foetus
the mother's life is well-established
the mother has with duties and responsibilities
the mother is part of a family
allowing the mother to die would also kill the foetus in most cases

I'm not a Muslim scholar, but it looks like a strict adherent to the Qur'an would not be pro-choice. Although, I'm not going to tell someone they're a fake Muslim if they hold a pro-choice position. Faith is a personal thing, and how someone reconciles their faith with their social views is their business.

You are lumping all Muslims into one group. You have no clue what you are talking about.

And if what you say is true, why has there been women rulers and Prime Ministers in Muslim countries?
You need to learn that not all Muslims think a like, and many have different beliefs.

you poor intellectual lightweight.

Yes there are SOME Muslims who give women equal treatment, but they are the exception, not the norm as you try to suggest.

You are lumping all Muslims into one group. You have no clue what you are talking about.

And if what you say is true, why has there been women rulers and Prime Ministers in Muslim countries?
You need to learn that not all Muslims think a like, and many have different beliefs.

Yes there are SOME Muslims who give women equal treatment, but they are the exception, not the norm as you try to suggest.

You couldn't handle leaving me alone for 24 hrs. Bravo!
And everything I have said is correct.

My statement was 100% about this thread and this thread only. You don't know what you're talking about if you think women being treated as equals is the norm in Islam. It most assuredly is not.

Yeah. :rolleyes:

I think lying "anti-Christian". If he's not lying, he's ignorant.

snopes.com: National Day of Prayer

You can play word games with it if you so choose. Fact is, he chose to host a Muslim banquet while he somehow couldn't do the other.

tissue?

scissors-beat-paper.jpg

My statement was 100% about this thread and this thread only. You don't know what you're talking about if you think women being treated as equals is the norm in Islam. It most assuredly is not.
Show me where I said it was the norm? I think I clearly said not all Muslims are the same, and that they have different beliefs. No where in this thread I said it was the norm. Try being honest for a change.

Just re read my posts in this thread. Never mentioned it being the norm.
Way to troll Conjob.

put a sock in it

I'm sure this rubber/glue shtick could go on for at least another page. But I'll let my posts here speak for themselves, and people can judge on their own who's really squirming.

I think you are doing a great job of making yourself look like the squirmer that you are.:lol:

Now that you've defined pro-Islam as Muslims who are strict aherents to a literal interpretation of the Qur'an...

I never defined it as such. You are such a liar.

Here is what I said...

Yes, Pro-Islam would mean being in favor of Islam being practiced.

But go ahead. Nothing I say or do will keep you from lying to prove how stupid you really are.

...I guess it would mean that person would want to make abortion illegal unless the mother's life is endangered. My understanding is that this is an exception most "pro-lifers" make, too.

BBC - Religions - Islam: Abortion

Sanctity of life

The Islamic view is based on the very high priority the faith gives to the sanctity of life. The Qur'an states:

Whosoever has spared the life of a soul, it is as though he has spared the life of all people. Whosoever has killed a soul, it is as though he has murdered all of mankind.
Qur'an 5:32
Most Muslim scholars would say that a foetus in the womb is recognised and protected by Islam as a human life.

Protection of the mother's life

Islam allows abortion to save the life of the mother because it sees this as the 'lesser of two evils' and there is a general principle in Sharia (Muslim law) of choosing the lesser of two evils.

Abortion is regarded as a lesser evil in this case because:

the mother is the 'originator' of the foetus
the mother's life is well-established
the mother has with duties and responsibilities
the mother is part of a family
allowing the mother to die would also kill the foetus in most cases

I'm not a Muslim scholar, but it looks like a strict adherent to the Qur'an would not be pro-choice. Although, I'm not going to tell someone they're a fake Muslim if they hold a pro-choice position. Faith is a personal thing, and how someone reconciles their faith with their social views is their business.

The scripture you reference out of the Koran is not talking about abortion.

However, this scripture does:

[2:228] The divorced women shall wait three menstruations (before marrying another man). It is not lawful for them to conceal what GOD creates in their wombs, if they believe in GOD and the Last Day. (In case of pregnancy,) the husband's wishes shall supersede the wife's wishes, if he wants to remarry her. The women have rights, as well as obligations, equitably. Thus, the man's wishes prevail (in case of pregnancy). GOD is Almighty, Most Wise.

The scripture you reference out of the Koran is not talking about abortion.

However, this scripture does:

[2:228] The divorced women shall wait three menstruations (before marrying another man). It is not lawful for them to conceal what GOD creates in their wombs, if they believe in GOD and the Last Day. (In case of pregnancy,) the husband's wishes shall supersede the wife's wishes, if he wants to remarry her. The women have rights, as well as obligations, equitably. Thus, the man's wishes prevail (in case of pregnancy). GOD is Almighty, Most Wise.

Incorrect.

Let me begin by mentioning how amusing it is to me that you have the audacity to call others "liars" and "stupid" when you're the one purporting to be some sort of expert on Islam. That claim in and of itself is hilarious enough; the ridiculousness is compounded by your anger toward those who correctly identify you as a driveling ignoramus.

The website you cited is the online home of a cult that idolizes its founder, Rashad Khalifa, as a prophet of God. He, his "translation" of the Qur'an, and his cult are universally considered to be non-Islamic. The verse you cited does not discuss abortion. Of course, you'd already know all of this if you were the "Islamic expert" you seem to think you are. To the entire board outside of a few of your fellow short-bus riders, you're nothing but a dishonest crackpot.

Carry on.

Here is what I said...

Yes, Pro-Islam would mean being in favor of Islam being practiced.

:rolleyes:

It sounds like you answered your own question. Yes, Pro-Islam would mean being in favor of Islam being practiced.

Of course, you could have figured that out by reading my OP if you wanted to.

That is why I said Pro-Islam. Yes, there are Muslims that don't follow the Koran. I'm not talking about those because they are technically not Muslims.

Someone who favors Islam being practiced is a Muslim who follows the Qur'an as you see it. The red text further defines the blue. I knew I'd have to use "special" colors with you.

In other words: keep dancing, circus monkey.

Here is what I said...

:rolleyes:

Someone who favors Islam being practiced is a Muslim who follows the Qur'an as you see it. The red text further defines the blue. I knew I'd have to use "special" colors with you.

In other words: keep dancing, circus monkey.

Are you really that retarded? I will do it in blue because perhaps you are color blind to black font.

Yes, my further definition was in reference to someone pointing out Muslims that were acting contrary to Islam.

Again, that is why I said in my OPENING POST "Pro-Islam" because anyone can be "Pro-Muslim" and that doesn't tell you ANYTHING because a person can "call" themselves a "Muslim" and not follow "Islam".

I don't expect your pea brain to register that. I would say keep dancing like a circus monkey but that would probably be an insult to the intelligence of the monkey community. Even a brick is smarter than you.

Forum List

Back