Can men and women be just friends??

I did have freaky phone sex with a female friend of mine who was 4 months pregnant and just split from her hubby, that kind of changed things and we haven't really talked since.

I did have freaky phone sex with a female friend of mine who was 4 months pregnant and just split from her hubby, that kind of changed things and we haven't really talked since.

Did you use that good ol' "prego ap" on the iphone?

:tongue:

Nah this happened like 5 years ago before there was a I Phone, it was kinda surprising she started it actually, pregnant women are apparently pretty horny.

"Can men and women be just friends??"

It has never worked for me, alas, for I love the company of men. But men are equipped with all of their wonderful hormones, and I am an open and exciting woman to be around.

imagesCAHA0UW8-1.jpg

Last edited:
I believe a man and a woman can be Platonic friends but only when there is no sexual attraction on either side. It seems to work best when the male is somewhat effeminate (not necessarily gay) and the woman is somewhat masculine. I know such a pair. They have been close friends for many years and they are really close. They are lots of fun and very good neighbors.

If one or the other is waaaaaaaaay below the others "looks" level - then yes.
But if even close....not even close. And it also depends on the "friendship".
Work buddies in not really a friendship if there is no outside contact to speak of.
A few million years of evolution dictates that if two people of the opposite sex who are even close to the same looks are alone with each other often...it is inevitable that they will end up having sex.

Work buddies in not really a friendship if there is no outside contact to speak of.
A few million years of evolution dictates that if two people of the opposite sex who are even close to the same looks are alone with each other often...it is inevitable that they will end up having sex.
I don't know about that. Among the factors you've mentioned is the extremely relevant factor of libido, the active levels of which can be very high or very low. There are people who are perfectly normal in every way except for little interest in sex. In males the determining factor is testosterone. In females it's estrogen.

I don't know about that. Among the factors you've mentioned is the extremely relevant factor of libido, the active levels of which can be very high or very low. There are people who are perfectly normal in every way except for little interest in sex. In males the determining factor is testosterone. In females it's estrogen.

Well...I gave a general answer to a general question.
There are exceptions for every norm. But, generally speaking, I would even say overwhelmingly true - they will end up having sex.

Can men and women be just friends??

Sure ...why not? I have several women friends. Have had hundreds over the years. Things can change ... If there is a mutual sexual attraction that is acted upon then it complicates the balance of a pure friendship... It either draws the two closer together into a very tight relationship or places a wedge between two good friends. I would say yes..for sure men and women can be friends. I recommend it as the foundation to any kind of a relationship you want to be serious about. I find it fun to be attracted to someone you respect and don't act on the attraction. I have a hard time being friends with a woman I don't find attractive. I like to hang out with confident people of either sex. Unattractive people are seldom confident.

It's easy for you, you're gay.....

Not that there's anything wrong with that.... :thup:

Of course. I wouldn't want to do all the women I know who I grew up with, worked and partied with and who are friends. I've gone out with a lot of my girl friends and some became girlfriends. If we weren't friends first, some of those wouldn't have happened. Friends is good. :D

Forum List

Back